3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Maintainer Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/maintainer-introductions-168/)
-   -   113lbs off! - can't believe it! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/maintainer-introductions/251539-113lbs-off-cant-believe.html)

LighterLeigh 01-26-2012 03:17 PM

113lbs off! - can't believe it!

This area of 3fc looks absolutely great. I have lost 113lbs in 15 months and have been maintaining for a whole three weeks! I can barely believe that I have reached my dream goal. Hoping to connect with fellow maintainers - it is something new for me. In the past I have been a great weight loser and a great weight gainer. :dizzy: I have no experience of maintaining weight whatsoever so I have a lot to learn. I am working on a proper exercise programme, gradually introducing toning, weights and cardio into my day. A fitness and healthy eating lifestyle will become the new norm for me. :carrot: I feel a bit nervous about maintaining but love being this weight. Leigh

midwife 01-26-2012 03:21 PM

Welcome!!! Glad you're here! Congrats on your amazing accomplishment!

Energizer Jamie 01-26-2012 03:24 PM

Congrats!! I can't wait to be where you are.

Megan1982 01-26-2012 03:26 PM

Welcome Leigh!!! What an amazing weight loss, congratulations! :bravo:

I think you've really captured why I appreciate this forum so much. There is so much info available on weight loss out there, but so little on weight maintenance. Many of us have continued the healthy eating & workout habits that helped us lose weight, and some around us IRL just don't "get it" (e.g. why do you need to work out? you've lost the weight already), so the support and understanding found here is invaluable. Not that the same techniques work for everyone, but YKWIM.

Please jump on in to conversations wherever you please! We're glad you're here!

tinkerbelll 01-26-2012 04:54 PM

:bravo: CONGRATS!!

sontaikle 01-26-2012 05:08 PM

Welcome to 3fc and the maintainers forum! :)

Congrats on your weight loss!!

LighterLeigh 01-27-2012 01:33 PM

Thank you so much everyone for you kind congratulations.
Megan - You are SO right. Most maintainance areas of forums are inactive. I actually did not expect to reach goal but now I have I am determined to learn ( believe me I know nothing!) how to stay here. I have ordered 3 of the recommended books from amazon in the Uk and am studying the book discussions. It's great. I didn't know any of this. I am so glad to have found 3fc. I have found it at just the right time for me. Leigh

Shannon in ATL 02-01-2012 03:42 PM

Congratulations, Leigh! Woo hoo! Welcome!

Slshappy 03-02-2012 11:25 AM

Welcome to another newbie!! You have done a fantastic job- now the rest of the journey begins- keeping the weight!! Best of luck.