Transitioning from "Loser" to "Maintainer" :D

• I'm a few pounds from official maintenance, but want to get my mind in the right place before I get there since I've bounced right back up after hitting 129 the last couple times. It must be a rubber number! LOL Anyway, here I am looking forward to transitioning here soon.
    I hit my initial goal of 135, but then felt compelled to go lower with my goal since everyone else at my height had WAY lower goal weights. I now find that I will prefer the 120's for maintenance. It just has been harder than I thought to get there AND stay there. I plan/hope to see the summer through in the 120's and realize my dream of maintaining a healthy weight long-term!
  • Hi and welcome! And congratulations on your weight loss!

I know it's hard, but try to ignore other people's goals and weights when you choose the right weight for YOU to maintain for the rest of your life. More than anything, it needs to be a weight that you can comfortably sustain and that's something only you can decide, based on your lifestyle and personal preferences.

I think you're doing great, right where you are.
  • Thanks, Meg! That's means a lot coming from an experienced maintainer!!
  • Hi, Ms Perception

We are in the same freshman maintainer "class." I posted in maintainers for the 1st time this morning. I am so excited about this new leg in my health journey.

I don't have a final weight loss in mind for now. I was reading the maintainer sticky thread about goals & I like the idea that my goal weight will choose me.

It's so awesome the support that Meg gives us. I am truly inspired by her journey and wisdom.
  • Hello Ms Perception & Motivated Chickie. I too am a freshman maintainer & just started posting on this forum today. My goal is 150, but since my strategy is to maintain at 150 to 155, I am sort of at goal at 154.5, but feel like I can't 'call' goal until I hit 150.

Thanks to all the veteran maintainers for their inspirational stories & tips. Since I've been lurking for quite some time, I've learned a lot from them already. The support I've seen here is really wonderful.