Maintainer Introductions our stories and photos

Old 12-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

Default Hi there!

Hi
I started a healthier lifestyle in July 2008. I was at 190lbs back then and I reached my goal of 125lbs in Mai2009. I have been doing lots of sport and exercising all along. However, I had to move back in with my parents, I can't go to the pool to exercise like I used to and there is all this junk food around.... so Im kind of struggeling to maintain .
Im going to move out in April and I'm really looking forward to it.
I'm so glad I actually found a community with maintainers!! I kind of thought I was the only one still counting calories and planning my food intake and stuff!
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #2  
Chuggin' along...

Hi Lizaly, and welcome! Congratulations on meeting your weight loss goals! Changing your living circumstances can be tough. You mentioned you can't go to the pool anymore, but do you have any other fitness interests? Access to walking trails, fit tv shows, etc? I'm sure with a little creativity you can stay active! Having food out of your control is tough, too (visiting my parents for just a week can wreck my healthy eating!). Are you buying your own groceries, or could you talk to them about keeping some of the healthier foods you prefer around? Just some suggestions... You are definitely not the only one still planning food and counting calories. Almost all of us plan our food and activity carefully, "even" in maintenance mode. I've found it to be key to maintaining my weight loss!

Glad you've found us! Jump right into whatever forums you feel comfortable in. We're a pretty welcoming bunch
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote