3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Main Dish Recipes for LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/main-dish-recipes-la-weight-loss-205/)
-   -   Taco Bake (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/main-dish-recipes-la-weight-loss/93942-taco-bake.html)

Prazteam 09-16-2006 09:27 AM

Taco Bake

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
1 Low sodium taco seasoning mix
1 (16 ounce) can FF refried beans
16 ounces salsa
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
2. In a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, and drain fat. Mix in dry taco seasoning.
3. Spoon browned meat into a 9x13 inch glass baking dish. Spoon a layer of refried beans over meat, then salsa. Top with shredded cheese.
4. Bake about 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven.

Misti in Seattle 09-16-2006 10:17 AM

Sounds yummy... thanks!!!

phantastica 09-16-2006 10:22 AM

Yum .... yum, yum, yum! This is exactly what I want on a cool almost-autumn rainy day.

bizlawchik 10-30-2006 04:29 PM

Pearl - I took the liberty of sending your recipe to the LA Chef because it looked so yummy. Here's their makeover:
Taco Bake

1 pound lean ground turkey breast
2 Tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. garlic
1 (16 oz) can fat free refried beans
1 (16 oz) jar salsa
1 cup shredded reduced fat cheese(Monterey Jack with Cheddar as available)

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a large, heavy skillet brown ground turkey breast over medium heat. Drain off any excess fat. Mix in spices. Place browned meat in a ( 9 x 13”) glass baking dish. Layer refried beans over meat. Spread salsa over beans. Top with shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for approximately 20 to 25 minutes.

Makes: 8 servings

Serving size: 1/8th of recipe

LA Exchange: 1/ 2 Protein, 1 Starch, 1 Condiment[

Please remember to use this recipe in moderation while in your weight loss program for continued success.

MrsSassy 01-08-2010 09:10 AM

My husband his mexican...and making mexican food was for dinner at least twice a week! This will help, thanks for sharing. It's going to be super hard to not slap that on a tortilla!!

I plan to make mexican rice soon and change up the ingredients to make it more healthy....i just hope the family approves!

jenutopia 04-27-2010 01:57 PM

[QUOTE=bizlawchik;1455010]Pearl - I took the liberty of sending your recipe to the LA Chef because it looked so yummy. Here's their makeover:
Taco Bake

Hello,

could you tell me what LA Chef is and if anyone can submit a recipe for a makeover with the exchanges. thanks:carrot:

canadianwoman 09-13-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizlawchik (Post 1455010)
Pearl - I took the liberty of sending your recipe to the LA Chef because it looked so yummy. Here's their makeover:
Taco Bake

1 pound lean ground turkey breast
2 Tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. garlic
1 (16 oz) can fat free refried beans
1 (16 oz) jar salsa
1 cup shredded reduced fat cheese(Monterey Jack with Cheddar as available)

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a large, heavy skillet brown ground turkey breast over medium heat. Drain off any excess fat. Mix in spices. Place browned meat in a ( 9 x 13”) glass baking dish. Layer refried beans over meat. Spread salsa over beans. Top with shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for approximately 20 to 25 minutes.

Makes: 8 servings

Serving size: 1/8th of recipe

LA Exchange: 1/ 2 Protein, 1 Starch, 1 Condiment[

Please remember to use this recipe in moderation while in your weight loss program for continued success.

That looks really good. I am not on the plan but it will fit well into my own plan so I will try it.

cuppycake 09-13-2011 12:41 PM

Thats funny, I was thinking about making something like that for dinner. But instead of the beans I was going to put a "crust" down made from shredded zuccini with egg and cheese. I bake that part first then put the rest on and bake until bubbly. I'll add black beans in with the meat.

jdaleck1 02-15-2018 09:48 AM

Love this recipe!

jdaleck1 02-15-2018 09:49 AM

Brings back memories! ��