tired of eggs for breakfast? Try the "New Yorker" (Induction Friendly!!):

• Ingredients:

1 recipe Flax "Muffin-in-a minute"
    2 oz Nova smoked salmon or belly lox
    1 oz cream cheese

Muffin recipe:
    find under Atkins forum, in the thread labelled "ground flax"- recipe courtesy of Jerseygyrl
    prepare muffin in a flat surfaced bowl instead of a mug so that it comes out the size of a giant english muffin

Slice muffin and toast to liking

Load with cream cheese and salmon.

Net carbs: 2.5g!!!!!
    (reason: Flax is pretty much ALL fiber, so the muffin recipe only has 1.5g carbs!! That other 1g of carb is coming from the cream cheese)

I grind my own flax meal from flaxseeds in a coffee grinder, but store-bought flax meal is fine.

Hey, it ain't no bagel, but it will do! Actually, it's pretty good. I will make this every time I get tired of eggs.
  • This sounds really good and I would love to try it! I'm having a problem finding the ground flax recipe for the "english muffin." Could you post the recipe for me or give me some other direction as to where it is?! Sorry I'm kind of slow when it comes to navigating on here! Thanks.
  • wow that sounds strange... but try-able!
  • Quote: This sounds really good and I would love to try it! I'm having a problem finding the ground flax recipe for the "english muffin." Could you post the recipe for me or give me some other direction as to where it is?! Sorry I'm kind of slow when it comes to navigating on here! Thanks.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ht=flax+muffin

I slightly modify the recipe:
    (i) I only add a dash of cinnamon
    (ii) I throw away half of the egg yolk (and keep all of the white)- I'm trying to cut down on cholesterol, and TTTT I don't think using only 1/2 the yolk makes any difference in how the muffin comes out.

Hope you like it!

~shauna~
  • Thanks for posting that link for me! I will definately try it and let you know what I think!