3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Frequently Asked Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-frequently-asked-questions-79/)
-   -   Induction or go on to OWL? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-frequently-asked-questions/94199-induction-go-owl.html)

vouge09 09-19-2006 04:06 PM

Induction or go on to OWL?

I am on induction and almost done, and finish on thursday, just wondering if I should stay on induction or proceed to OWL. I dont have a scale but I know My body has changed. I know my waist is smaller and I may have lost 5 lbs, dont have a scale at the momment but I almost done with my indcution period, i know I have lost inches not sure of pounds, def. some bloat , I visited my best friend yesterday who I hadnt seen like over a month, and she had no idea I was dieting , and she immediatly asked me, if id lost weight and told me I look great. I see myself everyday and dont see that much of a change but I guess its visible. I am only on mid- week 2 of induction, and i think my water weight is gone. I need a scale.

My shirts fit better and my arms aren't as fat. i just dont know what to do.

lilybelle 09-20-2006 12:57 PM

What I did, was since I had a lot to lose was go to 20-25 carbs for at least 6 months after completing induction. Even towards the end of my weight loss period I was only having 25-30 carbs a day. This worked well for me.

vouge09 09-20-2006 03:03 PM

Thanks I feel like I should still do 15-25 carbs a day. Some days I dont have 20 , and its just the way things work out , others I accidently go over to a max, of 22 but thanks!!

lilybelle 09-20-2006 03:43 PM

You are welcome. I do the same thing. Some days it is 16 and other days it might be closer to 25. Even with this type of range, the weight will come off.

JerseyGyrl 09-21-2006 11:25 AM

Speaking for myself, I've basically stayed at Induction level carbs since day 1 (2½ years 10/13/06). I have learned I had to tweak things a bit, such as limiting cheese, adding low carb/low sugar yogurt and adding an ounce of almonds to my salad. What works for me, might not work for you. If you are comfortable doing Induction for an extended period of time and aren't bored with the food choices...go for it! Adding more veggies is always an option also.

All the best to you!!

Kim

vouge09 09-21-2006 06:49 PM

Yeah I eat hearty salads daily, and I measure everything I put into the salad and enter it in into my fitday account to keep track. Thanks !

Lottajunkinmytrunk 12-06-2006 11:09 AM

I lost 40 pounds on Atkins and then gained it back. I think it's because I have a tendancy to binge and stayed in the induction phase too long. That feeling of restricting myself (versus a lifestyle) made me jump back into a big bowl of carbs. I'm giving it another shot but this time around I'm going to just do induction for 2 weeks. It may be a slower process but I think it will be a safer bet for me.

vouge09 12-07-2006 05:19 PM

ive lost 25 to 30 lbs and had a period of stallment where I ate what I shouldnt have but I have been doing good for a about a week now and I have noticed a diffrence again, it really has turned into a way of life. Whenever I eat junk food I feel like crap and that I am cheating myself and only me afterward so I will feel better when I dont eat bad things