3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Frequently Asked Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-frequently-asked-questions-79/)
-   -   Protein Shake (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-frequently-asked-questions/78145-protein-shake.html)

yaya9577 03-06-2006 03:11 PM

Protein Shake

Hello,

I have done some low carbing and South Beach before. I am really needing to decide which plan I want to stick with. I have a BUNCH to lose and feel so aimless and discouraged right now. Anyhow, I noticed that a lot of you have protein shakes for a meal. What kinds do you use? Store bought or homemade? If homemade, can you give me somewhere to find recipes? Thank you so much in advance.

xJennJennx 03-07-2006 11:15 AM

I drink the Atkins Advantage ready to drink shakes from Walmart everyday for breakfast, 18g protein and 1g net carbs....keeps me full for hours or sometimes til dinner time.......they used to have this one called Cafe A Late or something and it was awesome, can't find any around here anymore :(

rach3kids 04-15-2006 10:31 AM

I drink a shake for brekky most mornings, its only .4g per serve. Its delicous. I toss a few ice cubes in with the water and shake mix and sometimes a dob of cream. The one I buys called 'musashi' 92 blend protien mix. Im in Australia so dont know if the sames available everywhere else.

Born2run2 04-16-2006 02:31 PM

I usually make my own shake. I haven't had a commercial shake that has been to my liking. Judy

csoar2004 04-16-2006 02:56 PM

I use Jay Robb's whey protein to make a fruit smoothie as a snack every day. It's YUMMY!

1 scoop whey protein (22g protein)
1 cup frozen berries
1 cup water
1 Tbsp flaxseed oil
spices (cinnamon & ginger, mebbe. Or anise)

blend until thick and frothy. :p

If you look for commercial whey, try to avoid ones with lotsa unpronouncable additives. Jay Robb's and Fat Flush whey are both made from milk which is free of hormones, etc. and stevia is the only sweetener.

You can also use whey to bake up some tasty treats (blend with cooked spaghetti squash PLUS 2 eggs and VOILA! "pudding" :D), such as whey "cookies" or whey flaxcakes.

What's not to like??

CarolynSG1 12-07-2006 07:52 AM

Can you make your shake with Milk, or will that push up the Carbs too high?

blkbarbie25 09-12-2009 11:40 AM

i love love love the walmart atkins shakes !

curlylocks 10-15-2009 11:27 PM

I use GNC whey protein powder, A 4 oz dannon lite & fit yogurt and water. I have that for breakfast everyday, as I am lazy and don't want to have to think or cook in the am

losingitbaby 10-16-2009 09:47 AM

I really like EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control pre-made shakes at Wal-mart/Target. I believe they are cheaper than Atkins (only about 5 bucks for 4) and taste pretty good too :) It also has 17g protein and 1 net carb.

discoloration 02-05-2010 06:10 PM

I use Gold Standard Whey Protein.

It comes in lost of flavors, low in carbs high in protein and is one of better and cheaper ones on the market.

Wavesmom 02-05-2010 08:23 PM

I also use the Jay Robbs Whey Protein mix. Some mornings I feel lazy and just put a big scoop into an 8 ounce glass of FF milk. Then other mornings, I do the full South Beach Smootie receipe.

Either way, they are both tasty. In my opinion, the chocolate is better than the vanilla.