Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 07:03 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

I finally tried the garlic and herb with tuna salad and lettuce,,,yummy.

Another favorite,,, cut the plain wheat ones into small chips. Drop them in the deepfryer for a few seconds. Eat plain (tastes like a wheat thin) or I made Nachos with them... Very good
Old 01-30-2004, 08:20 AM   #32  
Baby Steps

oh yummy!! I love wheat thins!!! Great idea thanks
Old 01-30-2004, 09:10 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 201/201/175

Height: 5'3"

Oh my goodness ...what a wonderful idea. I'm going to have to try that this weekend. I'm always open to munchie ideas. I'd rather "munch" than sit down to a full meal.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:50 PM   #34  
Head Princess

That is a great idea, Barbmarie! I'm going to try it!

I bought some garlic and herb ones yesterday. They make great chicken ceasar wraps and I'm going to try them out for thin-crust pizza
Old 01-31-2004, 04:00 PM   #35  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I'm wondering, instead of deep frying (to save calories and fat) if I sprayed one with pam or brushed it w/oil and baked the living crap out of it, if it would get crunchy and tasty?

I'll have to try it and see. Hmmmmmmm bet you could bake it into a bowl like shape and use it as a taco bowl, like taco salads come in
Old 02-20-2004, 07:26 PM   #36  

I finally received my tortillas this week (ordered from Atkins.com and it took almost 2 weeks!)

They are a GOD SEND! YUUUUMMMYYYYY! and totally worth the money. So far, I have made chicken wraps, fajitas, quesadillas (sp? lol) and best of all the CHIPS! I cut two tortillas into 8 triangles each, deep fried them, and dipped in a little guac. OMG to die for! I can definitely stick to this diet now. I hate to gush. I'm just so excited....and the pounds have been steadily dropping! Yippeeeee!
Old 02-25-2004, 03:01 PM   #37  
thinly,... disguised

If you go to there site
http://www.latortillafactory.com/

you can type in your zip code and it will give you the locations in your area where they sell them

woooo hooo I only have to go 5 miles,..lol
Old 02-25-2004, 07:57 PM   #38  
Baby Steps

Does the "crust" get crunchy or soggy when you make it into pizza? How much sauce? Dang, it's not on my induction list.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:31 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 201/201/175

Height: 5'3"

I made buritto's with them tonight. 3 carbs verses 22 carbs ...no contest. Even my husband eats them.....and if you say low carb to him you get a 15 minute lecture on the merits of fruit and cereal LOL
Old 02-28-2004, 11:40 AM   #40  

Brenda,

Last week I made very easy pizzas with them. I tried w/garlic herb and green onion.

I spraid Pam on a baking pan, spooned about a tablespoon of Carb Solutions pasta sauce (I've been seeing this new blue Carb Solutions label in all of the major grocery stores), sprinkled a little garlic powder (wish I had fresh), and oregeno, added peporoni, shredded cheese (4 cheese mix), and a couple of mushrooms. Then I baked in the oven at 400 for about 10 minutes (electric) ....just kept checking until I saw the cheese was melted and the edges were brown.

It was like crispy thin crust pizza but you need to be careful when you pick it up... and I wouldn't bother trying to cut it.

My dad (who does NOT need to lose weight) thought they were the greatest things ever and kept raving that it tasted just like the real thing..."this must be a miracle diet if you can eat s#*@ like this..this is really f#*%ing amazing!" he said. (that's my dad! ha ha but you get the picture, they were really good )
Closed Thread