Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 03:22 PM   #16  

thanks for the help linda lee
Old 01-28-2004, 03:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 201/201/175

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down

If you can find the La Tortilla one they only have 3 carbs for the regular size ones. I'll take 3 carbs over 9 any day .
I'm wondering if we all ganged up on the local health food stores if we'd get results
Old 01-28-2004, 04:12 PM   #18  

i found the website and if they taste as good as they sound nutritionally then count me in. i wish we could get them locally. the closest store to me is about 45 minutes away.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:09 PM   #19  
on my way down again

I also use the low carb taco shells for "popcorn". I used to eat a bag of Orville Redenbakkers Movie Butter popcorn every night. So now if I want popcorn, I'll microave a buttered one until it's steamy and then lightly salt it and cut it into small pieces.

Enchiladas sound good. I'l have to make them.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:11 PM   #20  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Audrey I get them from

http://www.latortillafactory.com/

I just noticed today that we are almost out, only 2 left in the freezer, so I'm going to order more tonight.

In the stores they are $5.79 a package but when I get them on the web and this includes shipping I pay $4.19 a package, but you have to buy in bulk. It is worth it to me since I eat alot of them (2 a day) and my hubby eats them... even my DD eats them

Its wonderful to feel like your eating bread (mentally lol).

I do like the plain and the onion flavor, the garlic is pretty good.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:16 PM   #21  

Thumbs down

Once every two months I "grocery shop" on the web. I think most spots the shipping is under 6 dollars and at least two (better health food store and another) will ship free if you order over 50.00. I get my Atkins muffin mix, bars and anything else I want. Atkins just came out with pasta I haven't tried it yet but I got a box to try. Between Atkins and Carbo Lite and Carb Smart there is a pretty good variety out there .... Today I had ice cream Atkins came out with a Chocolate Swirl (Chocolate covered too) it was like eating a dove bar and only 3 carbs. I'd give up just about anything for an ice cream bar.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:31 PM   #22  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Angry I Envy You American Low Carbers....

You are so very lucky to have such a wide range of lc products available. In my case I find I really need to hunt stuff down altho with the new found popularity of Atkins and low carb it is getting a bit easier.

The GNC downtown (and I am not there often) has the La Tortilla products and they cost around $11 per package! I bought two packages a couple of months ago and have not finished them yet as I only eat them on occasion. But they are pretty good and a lifesave when you need that quick 'sandwich' like snack! There is one company that makes a low carb bread and one other store here which has an in-store bakery which has just started baking low carb bread ($3.99 per loaf).

The store I was in today told me they were getting some low carb tortillas in next month - but not La Tortilla factor - I think she said they were "genosoy"??? Anyone heard of, or tried this brand???

I have also found the Atkins muffin mixes and ketogenics muffin mixes at health food stores they are very pricey as well (atkins is about $9 per pouch and ketogenics is $11 per box)...while we do have some sugar free ice cream products here they are still high carb due to dairy content (about 17 carbs per half cup!)...and I would love an ice cream bar.

Some of the US website stores won't even ship to Canada and if they do the price is prohibitive once you add the exchange and shipping.

Maybe a trip to the States is in order? I do live not to far from a border crossing (about 1 hour or so to Ogdensburg, New York) and maybe when spring rolls around it might be worth a trip - and I'll definitely bring my cooler!

Froufy
Old 01-29-2004, 09:57 AM   #23  

Wow!!! pricy is right. Our GNC sells the muffin mix for 6.99. Can you order over the internet? I get most of my stuff from there. Even with shipping it's cheaper than the stores. The La Tortilla Factory is about 4.95 a pack on the internet. 11 dollars is highway robbery. Never heard of that brand????
Arnold has put out a Low Carb bread it has 6 carbs per slice ...this is a nice treat. If you can find a store that carries Atkins they might have the bars. 3 effective carbs per bar. Bryers puts out a low carb ice cream with 4 effective carbs per half cup. It is getting easier to find "junk food" with low carbs these days. Now if they would only find a low carb Frito or potato chip <hee hee>
Old 01-29-2004, 10:10 AM   #24  

Opps ...I'm at work and only gave your reply a quick read ...missed your information on the internet. I never thought of Canada being so very different ? I think you're right a trip with a cooler might just be the answer
Old 01-29-2004, 02:37 PM   #25  
Baby Steps

I put my La Tortilla's in the freezer. I should get one out and put my morning eggs in it to make a little change. But I wanted to get back on strict induction for a while. See if I can shake some of these pounds off. I was hoping to be closer to my goal by summer. At this rate it won't happen. lol But at least I'm adjusting to this WOE better (well-we won't count the chocolate craving I had the other day!)
Old 01-29-2004, 02:50 PM   #26  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I buy the bags of coleslaw mix (which is only chopped up cabbage w/some carrots) I fry it up with some chicken or what ever meat I have, some cheese and I pack a tortilla with it.... MMMMMMMMMMM ! is it good. Kinda reminds me of egg rolls but w/out the deep fried shell (oh drool) ! lol

I also put eggs, sausage and just about anything else you can think of, they are very filling and satisfying to me.

I never tried any Atkins mixes, they are to pricy for me. At this point I'll just do with out until I can't take it anymore and break down lol. Wish they would come down in price, I think then people would buy more.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:55 PM   #27  

I heard they were supposed to be coming out with a low carb Dorito by Frito Lay sometime this year. That would be great!!! Can't remember where I read that though.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:21 PM   #28  

Thumbs down

I'm in pain .....I think my office is out to get me ........I walked in and there was a tray of Muffins, Danish and Bagels on the table. Okay I got my coffee, toasted my Atkins Crandbery Orange Muffin ...shed a tear or two for a cheese danish but I made it through. Come Lunch and our CFO bought Chinese for the office. A Ton of fried rice, sweet and sour chicken and General Tso Chicken not to mention noodles and egg rolls......deep sigh. But I didn't touch it. Boy do I feel deprived right now ;-) but maybe I'll be happy in the morning when I step on the scale ...... if you hear a scream coming from Connecticut just know it's me!
Old 01-29-2004, 03:52 PM   #29  
Baby Steps

OH!!! putting shredded cabbage in the shell w/chicken sounds SOOOO good!!! Too bad I don't have any chicken...or cabbage
Old 01-29-2004, 04:12 PM   #30  

Froufy,
I found this Canadian Web site that sounds pretty good.
I havent sent for anything yet but plan to.
Here the address
http://www.lowcarbfooddepot.com
Brenda
Closed Thread