Old 10-18-2014, 11:46 AM   #1  
Started IP August 28 2014

S/C/G: 265/215/140

Height: 5'7''

Default Ideal Protein

I am on week 7 of phase 1 ideal protein. I have lost 30 pounds. However I lost most of it in the 1st 4 weeks and have been stuck at the same weight (keep going up and down the same 3 pounds for the last 3 weeks). The only thing I have changed is that I have begun eating the vegetarian "meats" from the list my counselor gave me of approved veggie options. I asked her if it would slow down my progress and she said that it shouldn't... But I feel like it is. (I was just seriously sick of meat since I'm not a huge meat eater normally, although I'm not technically a vegetarian).

Anyone else out there experience this?! I do eat eggs sometimes too, and I think that coupled with the carbs in the veggie burgers that meat just doesnt have might be part of the problem. Perhaps if I eat 2 eggs I should forgo an IP food? (I eat the eggs to supplement the protein since 2 boca burgers are only 5 ounces of protein as well as lower in grams of protein).

I hate to go back to meat, but I will if it helps lose the weight faster. I am still 30 pounds from my half way mark to my goal-- and sticking to this diet is getting harder and harder.
Snozzeberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:29 PM   #2  

Height: 6-1.5

Congrats on losing the 30 lbs in 4 weeks. That is Amazing! It is not the meat, as much as the Fat that really makes the insulin resistance go away. Vegetarian meats are made from "carbs." I think Tofu has the best chance. Seitan is made of wheat gluten. Tempeh made of mico-spores (mushroom) and soybeans. If I were in this prediciment, I would stick with burgers made of portabello mushrooms. It looks like it will be very difficult to do on Vegetarian diet. However not hopeless. Maybe start to eat more olive oil and coconut oil? When you are having sufficient fat, you are usually not hungry and can eat much less. A person could literally do 5% carbs, 10% protien, 85% fat, and not eat meat. Since you eat eggs, can you also eat butter? I can go all day without eating on "bullet proof" coffee.

Last edited by giselley; 03-20-2017 at 01:30 PM.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 65

Height: 6'5

LOVE keto! I started January 23rd and have lost 17 lbs!! One more lb and I will have lost 10% of my body weight. I am so excited about these results and feel great!.Hoping to get things under control with diet and exercise. I am so thankful for all the wonderful resources online that are helping me do this and for a network of encouragement as we all try to be a healthier version of us!
laurajason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:15 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozzeberries View Post
I am on week 7 of phase 1 ideal protein. I have lost 30 pounds. However I lost most of it in the 1st 4 weeks and have been stuck at the same weight (keep going up and down the same 3 pounds for the last 3 weeks). The only thing I have changed is that I have begun eating the vegetarian "meats" from the list my counselor gave me of approved veggie options. I asked her if it would slow down my progress and she said that it shouldn't... But I feel like it is. (I was just seriously sick of meat since I'm not a huge meat eater normally, although I'm not technically a vegetarian).

Anyone else out there experience this?! I do eat eggs sometimes too, and I think that coupled with the carbs in the veggie burgers that meat just doesnt have might be part of the problem. Perhaps if I eat 2 eggs I should forgo an IP food? (I eat the eggs to supplement the protein since 2 boca burgers are only 5 ounces of protein as well as lower in grams of protein).

I hate to go back to meat, but I will if it helps lose the weight faster. I am still 30 pounds from my half way mark to my goal-- and sticking to this diet is getting harder and harder.
I would go back to the meat.
Oppaloopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:46 PM   #5  

heyyy congrats!!! I just started with keto, and I just eating my carbs out os tomatoes, mushrooms cucumbers..., although I dont get to eat that much, I try to complete my calories with avocados and olive oil!
Amanda655 is offline   Reply With Quote