Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 11:38 AM   #16  

It's me the new dummie again. I have three questions:
Can I use non-dairy creamer and how much?
Can I use mayo and how much?
Are we limited to the amount of white onion?

I wanted to make chicken salad for lunch, and I'm DYING for my coffee, but don't do it black!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2003, 12:41 PM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Non-dairy creamer is full of carbs. Use skim milk.
Mayo - Low or no-fat only but remember calories count.
Onions? Lots of folks sneak in a bit but remember they are root veggies and do have carbs. i put celery in my chicken salads.

Hope this helps.

I going to lock this thread and move it to FAQ in a day or so. Please post specific questions as separate threads so they don't get lost in general posts in Low Carb!
Old 07-18-2003, 11:34 AM   #18  

I just switched from Atkins to SBD because I couldn't take the meat and fat, and limits on veggis any more. I have to recommend Keto products to anyone who needs a sweet start in the morning. They have oatmeal and chocolate puffed cereal, with no sugar alcohols. The oatmeal is better than the real thing. Lo-fat, too so probably good for the SB diet and Atkins.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:25 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi SCDiva, from your next door neighbor in Lexington! Good luck with the SBD!
Old 09-06-2003, 11:19 PM   #20  
Fighter

I just wanted to let you know (even though this is a pretty old thread) that not all non-dairy creamers are full of carbs. I have some plain generic non-dairy creamer which has only 1 carb per serving. Check the labels, you might find something good!
Old 10-21-2003, 06:12 PM   #21  

SBD is sort of mid-way between Atkins and Sugar Busters. It is not low fat, it's just that Dr Agatston is concerned about the amounts of saturated fats in the diet. This diet was developed before some of the major study results showing lower serum triglyceride , and higher HDL levels with the use of saturated fats were in. Chances are he would be less concerned now.

As far as butter v margarine is concerned, butter has saturated fat, while most margarine is of unsaturated fat, but because virtually all margarine contains trans-fats, butter is the better choice. In the amounts eaten, the effects are small, but of course no standards have been set for trans-fat amounts, it is best to keep away from it. Since they are not required to list whether or not trans-fats are in the product, the label is no guide. My advice is to eat butter.

It is true that you could use skim milk in coffee, but keep in mind that skim milk has a good bit of carb in it which must be taken into account. I would use real cream, and none of the synthetics which are likely to have trans-fats in them.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:24 AM   #22  

Whats a sticky?
Old 01-18-2004, 06:42 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Moderators can "sticky" a thread so it stays at the first of the forum rather than dropping off the page as it ages.
Closed Thread