Would Low Carb fix bloating or cause it?

• I have been carrying around probably 5lbs of water weight and some have suggested I am eating too many carbs. Could switching to low carb really bring the water weight off? I'm already drinking water and keeping sodium low. I have also heard it can cause bloating lol so what does it really do?
  • Low carb can cause bloating if it makes you constipated, which it sometimes does, especially in the beginning. If you are drinking water and keeping sodium low, I am not sure that going low carb would help. How do you know you are carrying around 5 lbs. of water?
  • Cause I mysteriously went up the scale while still being low cal and it keeps bouncing back and forth lol Ive been bloated enough times to know when I am :P
  • The way that low carb takes off some water weight is by reducing your glycogen stores which require water for its storage and when you are in ketosis your body needs to excrete the ketones... one of which ways is via urine, as well as through your breath... So hence the reduction in water "weight"
  • I cut my carbs down more when there is a little issue with bloat. Dandelion tea also helps
  • Stay hydrated! Moving and drinking lots of water help me avoid bloating.