Old 05-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #1  

Default Curves Low-Carb Diet - Slip

Hello,

I'm 22, 5'3" and I weighed 200 lb May 2, 2011. I started the Curves low carb diet then and when I weighed myself today, May 9th, I lost 6 lb. But today, I also cheated very badly by eating a chocolate candy bar and entire bag of gummies. The candy bar was 31g of carb and the gummies are about 130g...(there are approx 3.5 servings in the bag). I feel really bad about it...and I'm worried and concerned about what to do next. The diet I'm doing stresses that it's very important not to cheat during the first 2 weeks of phase 1 (where your carb intake should be between 20-40g) and I completely screwed it up It also says not to do phase 1 for more than 2 weeks so I'm really not sure what to do. Should I just ditch it then "restart" completely next week? I feel horrible for screwing up so badly, ugh!
sammoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

Hey I know what it feels like to "screw" up. Don't be too hard on yourself but use this as a learning tool. One mess up doesn't need to mess up your whole week. Just keep going. You may not get the same results but you will be doing better then if you let yourself throw away the week and set yourself up for more binges.

Also make a plan for the next time you are in the same situation. What triggered you to eat the candy bar and gummies? what was happening right before, what were you feeling, what was your body telling you? Is there another way you could have given yourself what you needed? for ex if you were tired before hand maybe a little nap, or a walk outside, or just sitting quietly and doing some deep breathing could have given you an energy boost.

Good luck.
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/172/158

Height: 5'6"

Start over the next day. I had an 8 lb loss my first week then bombed on Sunday. Once I cheated, then the rest of the day was a free for all. Monday the scale showed a 3 lb gain! My body felt awful on Sunday after the binge and Only today has the scale moved back down 3. I haven't forgot the awful feeling so I'm over it. Hope you will be too. By this time last year I'd already downed several bags of candy corn. You have to decide for yourself that you really want to feel better. I've promised myself that I can have a bite of anything I want in 3 weeks time (vs never). Good luck.
HoustonMom is offline   Reply With Quote