Atkins-esque Diet

• I am not doing Atkins Induction, but am trying to stay as close as possible. Can I eat nuts and cottage cheese on low carb diets?
  • Im pretty new to the Atkins diet but in phase 2 OWL you can add in nuts and cottage cheese.
  • I am doing Atkin's OWL and you can start to add in nuts and cottage cheese at that point. You do what's called the carb ladder -- adding in things in 5g of carb increments weekly until you hit the point where your weightloss slows. So, under 20 is Induction so you'd go up from there. So, for me, I slow down at 45 so I am staying under 40 for now. But I know before I was still losing at 80, just VERY slowly -- half a pound a week. You just have to find what works for your body.
  • If you stay under 20 grams, can you have nuts and cottage cheese?
  • bleujean - yes, if you're not doing atkins. If doing atkins, they get added in as you progress. But, they are not high carb foods. I guess technically if you are just counting carbs, you can have anything, but the portion might be kinda small if it's sugared puff frosted snacky cream filled junky cakes.