Old 01-17-2003, 11:57 AM   #16  

Has anyone tried Coral Calcium???
Big Mamalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 10:08 AM   #17  

I stopped taking them a while ago... I found myself either constipated, or they will upset my tummy even with food.

I just pray to God, that eating more and more of the right foods I'll get what's missing back... I have yet to fully embrace induction, (me scared ) but I am winging breads, and other processed foods high in carb/sugar products from my life.. I have found myself eating more veggies/ other foods than I've ever in my whole life!!! So I hope to get what's missing by me not taking suppliments from them..

Denise...
Swan_lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 02:14 AM   #18  

ChrissyB,

Being a sleep study technician I just COULDN'T let this one go. If you're still tired after you've talked to your doctor and started taking supplements here are some things to think about... Do you snore at all at night? When you wake up in the morning do you feel as tired as when you went to sleep? Has DH ever told you that you quit breathing at night? If any of these are a yes you may want to talk to your doctor about having a sleep study done. It can hurt and it may help! You might have sleep apnea which is where you quit breathing periodically at night. Even though youve been "asleep" for say 7-8 hours you're brain has been working all night to make your body breathe so it only feels like you've gotten a couple hours of sleep. It's just a thought and it's amazing how many people actually have sleep apnea and don't know it. Hope this helps,

Samantha (new here)
Samsa98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 10:26 AM   #19  
Fat Burning Machine

Smile B Complex

A B Complex vitamin is so beneficial to your weight and mental health. It speeds up your metaboliziam.
rachellynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 06:18 PM   #20  

I just started on Induction on Monday 5-19 after having a baby who is 6 weeks old today I am taking prenatal vitamins (no, I'm no longer breastfeeding) 1-2 a day, and 1200 mg of calcium a day. I also take Xenadrine EFX, which does not seem to have the same effect as Xenadrine RFA.... It doesn't give me the same amount of energy, but I also don't have the hyperness or the initial jitters like I used to when I took the other in the past, so I'm not complaining.
sexylilchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 12:48 PM   #21  

Question where to buy supplements

I'm ready to start Atkins induction. I'd like to get rolling tomorrow.

I have 5 kids of my own, dh is gone until the end of August (which is part of the reason I want to get started - I'd like to surprise him when he gets back ), and during the day (until summer break) I have 2 of my friend's kids. So, my time to search for info, as well as shop is *very* limited. I bought a copy of Dr. Atkins' Diet Revolution about 6 months ago, and have read through it once again in the past few days.

I have small block of time tonite where I can actually get out of the house...
I'm thinking for supplements to get:
a multi-vitamin - the one I currently have includes iron, and I read on the Atkins web site to NOT include iron in the multi-vit
B-complex
calcium supplement with vitamin D- in the past I've been using Tums, but I'm thinking I need to pick something different because of the sugar content.

I cringe to even ask this, but can I get away with buying these supplements at Walmart? If so, any hints?

My other option would be GNC, which is a little pricey for my wallet right now.

I live in a small town, and the only health food store has very limited hours; there's no way I could get there before summer break.

Any advice and opinions are welcome & appreciated!

TIA,
Sandy in DE
sandyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 10:27 PM   #22  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Welcome !!

I will honestly say that this end does not get visited too often so please join us on the regular forum just above the FAQ

but I too have not enough cash to flow easily so I get at walmart. I get a good daily from walmeart (walmart brand but get the one for high performance) i get a potassium and then a cal mag zinc combo and that is the usual ones i go with.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:16 AM   #23  
One day at a time

i just completed my induction and have been lurking around. had to search to find this question, just wondering does anyone have any trouble with bruising. just wondering if i might be lacking some vitamin. also i have real trouble taking pills (i get really, really sick) currently i take my kids gummy vitamins and potassium. also trying to get my energy up and pottassium helps alot.
sheila_220 is offline   Reply With Quote