Old 02-11-2009, 11:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 208/173/145

Height: 5'4"

I am so glad I found this subject. I am a Jazzercise instructor and teach high impact aerobics 5 nights a week. I just started low carb this week because I have been at a plateu in weight loss for quite awhile. The scale is finally starting to go down (yea!) but I have noticed I can barely get through my workouts. It's like I hit a wall after the first half hour. Then I am completely wiped out for the rest of the night. I am going to do some more research and try eating some carbs before my classes to see if that helps. Thanks for all your advice.
dancediva33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I had the same problem with bonking on a low-carb diet, that's why I gave it up even though it was helping lose weight (couldn't figure out what the point of losing weight was if I couldn't do my regular runs and bikes), I've never heard the TKD but I'm going to look into now!
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

It's a really good idea to try to exercise if you're on a low-carb diet. When you exercise, you make more blood plasma, which thins your blood out. Since a lot of people don't stick to strictly lean meats and egg whites when they're on low-carb, the plasma could help balance out extra stress on your heart. (Or better yet, avoid too much bacon and egg yolks)
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 322/172/160

Height: 5'8"

Everyone is different, of course, but i wonder if it's dependant on what your body is used to (or has grown accustomed to)?

I am on a fairly strict Paleo diet (since Aug 08) - almost no carbs (less than 10/day), and high fat and I have so much energy I can't sit still. I am self employed and i have trouble sitting in front of my computer for more than a few minutes and working!

I walk 3-5 days a week and do strength training daily, I have 5 children under the age of 8, plus I farm livestock, so I'm pretty steadily active during the day. I haven't encountered any tiredness - but then again, I'm not doing athletics like a lot of you.
MrsEvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #20  

Red face

Hi- we seem to be in similar situations. I am also woking with a trainer and half of the time I think she is crazy. But- I do see progress. The past 6 months my goal was just to go to the gym-to commit to exercise seriously after a lifetime of -not exercising. True- the first weeks I hurt all the time and was so exhausted after workouts I wanted to nap ( and sometimes did.) Now I am beginning to see the muscles appear from under the fat and I am lifting more-moving longer than when I started. Now on to the diet... This seems as scary as working out-, but Ikeep telling myself that if I submit to the diet I will see results_ just like the exercise. Good Luck to you. QUOTE=sandyfanny;2297838]I've given myself the two weeks of Induction to sit on it. I've been very tired; everything's an effort because I haven't exercized regularly in a three or four years...mortifying! As of Monday, I'm going to begin by walking 30 minutes every day (two or three of them with my NEW PERSONAL TRAINER using hand-held weights). I tried to explain to her that if I'm walking any time, I'm carrying lots of weight. She isn't buying it.

And we'll being using a gym for work with weights and equipment twice a week, maybe three times. This is a huge challenge for me. And, like almost everywhere right now, it's hot! Fat girls do not like to be hot. The Carolina coast is in the mid to high nineties every day with equal humidity - we're easily over 100 degrees with the heat index every day. That'll only last for about another 4 or 5 weeks, and then it'll get more reasonable.

I like Yoga. I'd like to pick it up a couple of times a week or develop a simple daily routine. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]
Initowinit is offline   Reply With Quote