Old 09-06-2001, 06:13 AM   #1  

Arrow Daily, Thursday Sept 6th

Coffee?

Cool and crisp here this early morning!!!

What are your plans for the day?

peach
Old 09-06-2001, 06:31 AM   #2  

Good morning, Peach!

Let's see. Got up at 5:00 to make 4 lunches (God forbid anyone else in this house take on that task ). Of course, this way, I make sure the lunches/snacks are healthy!

Packed bite-sized pieces of cheddar cheese, celery and PB (little bit) for breakfast at work. Wasn't in the mood for tuna, so I'll be buying a chicken Ceasar salad at the local mall for lunch. Packed 2 20-oz bottles of water, too.

Planning on getting in another 2 miles today. Did 2 miles yesterday plus about 20 minutes of mall walking (a.k.a., window shopping).

Gotta share this. I lost another 2 pounds (total of 14 gone)! I didn't want to weigh-in (TOM is visiting) but I felt "different" this morning and just couldn't resist. Talk about a motivator!

Hope your day is peacefuly, joyful, and OP!

Old 09-06-2001, 06:32 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SAme Here!

It's cool and foggy here. Can barely see the edge of the woods across the meadow.

DH goes for fasting bloodwork at 8:45. Hersh and I are being very quiet so he will sleep in and not moan about no breakfast. We have had ours already and I am hoping the bacon smell disappears soon!

Got my haircut and did some shopping yesterday. Even sat in the Second Cup, had a Latte with art. sweetener and read the local paper. A nice afternoon and did discover that I can wear an 18W in Alia pants. (I did buy a suit in that size last year but that was a fluke.) Next stop regular 18, then 16, then 16P.... If only they would make the legs shorter! I really should just make pants and save the alterations.

Today will be a kitchen day - more tomato salsa and some pear salsa too. I am also going to try making Caldo Verde with cauliflower instead of taters. This is a Portuguese green soup made with kale and sausage and potato - simple and tasty.

Hershey goes for her pre-natal this afternoon. Not really necessary but I like to be sure. Due date is Hallowe'en.

Have a good Thursday, Chickies.

Hey Chat was fun last night! Hope you nutcases went to bed at a reasonable hour!
Old 09-06-2001, 07:48 AM   #4  

Happy Thursday Ladies!

Just working hard today. MIL & FIL will be arriving this afternoon to visit and help us finish installing our gas log. Needless to say worked like crazy last night trying to get the house in somewhat clean order. I used the black bag method of cleaning, throwing anything away that was laying on the floor.

Don has open house and a teacher meeting tonight along with soccer practice. So we will be having a very busy evening.

Pooky, hope your little Miss M enjoyed her first day back to preschool.

Scooby hope you got some rest last night.

Hi Dottiejon

Bes hope your DS enjoyed the new school.

Hey Peach, got a zap of energy for me today?

Jennifer please keep us posted on that stillman plan.

Ruth hope that mysterious r ovary is doing ok. When I read this mornings post I thought there was a new man in your life named Art, the one you had latte with! Hershey is expecting a blessed event, CONGRATS! Are you very far from Michigan? I have become very fond of the PWD, and considering one for my Darren. He is a real animal lover.

Linda, so sorry your 37th was not spent with your dh. What a wonderful accomplishment.

Susan, you sound like you have everything under control. I really admire your efforts to help your employees and clients, your are an

Hi MamaJ, Good luck on the Mayo plan, I may give it a try myself.

Best Wishes to all for an op day,

jenny

Last edited by DonDar; 09-06-2001 at 07:53 AM.
Old 09-06-2001, 08:26 AM   #5  

Hello everyone! I thought I'd pop in and see how everyone is doing! You have such a great group of friends here! Anyone reading the posts here can just see the friendship and support! God bless!
Old 09-06-2001, 11:39 AM   #6  

Me again!

Just a question please? Is the opposite of hen pecked.....rooster rot?

I seem to have a bad case of it. Is it just me? or does anyone else's husband feel the need to go to the Mall and help them shop?????

Am I really not able to pick out shirts at Old Navy for my 8 year old by myself? HELLOOOOOOOO????? Would some one please buy my dh a clue?

oh well, my hair is cut and colored and I went for a walk and now I am off to see Jiff!

have a good one chickies and I do mean CHICKIES!!!

peach who is still op (day 1 an a half!!!!)
Old 09-06-2001, 12:08 PM   #7  

Default thought I'd jump in

You guys are so great! Just like Tippy has said, you can feel the love and support you offer each other!

Today is nippy here too (Portland, Oregon) and the coffee was fresh, hot and tasty. (and included half & half!)

I took my dd to her third day of preschool and she's still crying and crying. I hope this gets better. (She's been home with me since she was born.) She was so excited, but I think she might still be scared. And, then younger dd (20 months) is sort of lost without her big sister.

Right now breakfast is done (sausage pattie, eggs, water and more water)!

What's everyone planning for the weekend?

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
Jenniwookie

P.S. Wish I could grab the nerve to get on the scale....but I hate the darn thing! (I get so obsessed!)
Old 09-06-2001, 01:23 PM   #8  
It's MY Life

Hi Everyone!! I have been trying to get caught up on everyone's posts--but it is hard to do. We have a big, busy group!! That is a good thing! I see that
Linda had a 37th anniversary!!! Sorry DH wasn't able to be around.
Ruth, I am wondering about the reappearing ovary???? What does that mean?
I also read that someone had lost an older gentleman friend and their job-all in the same day! So sorry to hear your news.
Jenny!!!! Glad to see you back--doesn't sound like you had much fun.
Pooky, I am happy for you that your DH is willing to do the program with you--that will certainly make things easier. The room sounds great--Miree will love it.
Peach, hope you get the bus situation straightened out--I am on the other side of the "Back to School Time"--now my free time is gone.
MamaJ, did I read that your son is not playing football now, or am I confused on that?
Debkay, I read that your school lost their first game too, but the band looked good--sounds like we are in the same boat!
Welcome to all the new faces--I am looking forward to getting to know you all. Sorry that I am not posting to everyone--I have "shorteimers" I can't remember everything I've read for a very long time.

As for me, let's see....I'm not doing too bad with my eating, but I wouldn't say the whole day is OP--just can't seem to get that going again. Haven't weighed myself since school started, but clothes seem a little looser--hope I am not just kidding myself. My son scored his first HS touchdown in the fresh/soph game Monday night. They lost 39-6, but he had two really long runs as the QB and then had a 38yd. punt return for a touchdown. I think he is playing Friday night in the varsity game this week. Fingers crossed-prayers said here!!! It has been hectic-they played Mon. night and didn't get home til 9:30. Then they had practice at 5:45 in the morning because there was a parade that afternoon that the band was in. Those that didn't march had to also go in and lift weights after school. I had my kitchen cleaned and mopped by 6:00 yesterday and oven cleaned out for them to come and repair to the tune of $167.00 for a new element. Then yesterday at work in the morning DH dropped a heavy piece of metal on his foot and broke his toe. Of course being a man he didn't elevate or ice it til 5:30 when I saw it. He is definitely the second child I never got to have!!! My mind was in such a tizzy last night that at 3:00 a.m. I was up doing laundry because I figured I might as well get something done!!!!
Well, this is a long, rambly, convoluted mess of a post--guess you can tell the state of my blonde brain waves here, but I wanted to post so that you all wouldn't forget me in my long absences!!! I hope I can get on again this weekend and visit with you all Take care!!!
Old 09-06-2001, 03:05 PM   #9  

Ah! Back on the computer and a little rest before I have to get some housework done. I have just one thing to say--where did all the time go? This week is moving way too fast!

Got some nice news last night, I am going away on the 22/23 wekend to my friend's house in Montreal! She has been wanting me to come and visit for a long while now and I kept putting it off, but no more. I am overdue for a nice rest and some girl time. Ruth, I'll be waving at ya from the train!

Linda, sorry to hear that you dind't get to spend your anniversary with your dh. I hope he buys you something extra special when he comes back!

Annie, holy owie toe! Your dh must have been either cursing or crying like a baby!

Hi jenniwookie! My dd goes to daycare but I call it school to her becasue it's attached to a school. Little ones take a longer time to adjust if they've been home all the time so I'd expect you little one to be out of sorts for about a month or so. My dd never had that problem (thanking the gods for that one!) I guess becasue I had her there very part time more for playing and making friends. Don't worry, you'll see that she'll come around soon enough!

Hey Jenny! Yeah, Miree loved her first day back--it was like she never left. The daycare manager was shocked at how much she changed--a full head taller, completely potty trained and talking up a storm! She's no baby anymore.....

jdoneil, holy smokes, can you believe that? You make all the lunches, I'm telling you I'm dying at 5am when my dd wakes me up (rather rudely too! ) Dedicated, I tell ya!

Hi Peach, nasus, Tippy, Chickadee, JHP, ThatGirl, and everyone else that I may have possibley missed and it's all too possible I missed ya!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!!
Old 09-06-2001, 06:15 PM   #10  
Slimwithin

Late again Linda here...late again. Just want to thank everyone for the anniversary wishes. DH is still out of town and probably won't be back until Saturday. I celebrated with my widow lady friend. She grilled chicken breasts and cooked the corn and I brought salad and dessert. We played cards and I lost.
Good excuse this time. I had my first Women's Institute meeting of the season to attend and I'm secretary so kinda had to be there. I won't be secretary after our Oct election meeting though. I've told them being president of the whole region is enough of a load so I'm not standing for any positions in our group at the Oct elections. Actually, I won't even be there for them as we don't get back from Scotland until the following day and they'd better not vote me into anything in absentia either!!
I had to give a demonstration of how to make a towel cake. Very easy and makes a really cool shower or birthday gift. I made one for my aunt for her 80th birthday some five years ago and she still hasn't taken it apart to use the towels. The ladies were quite impressed with my talent.
Gosh, Chicks, in two weeks today I'll be leaving for Scotland to visit #2 daughter and her hubby. #1 daughter and I are beginning to get excited and I'm starting to make lists. Don't ask me why because I inevitably lose them and have to start over.
Big hello to the newbies. Hope you stick around and get to know us and let us get to know you.
I've been totally OP all this week with my lower carb WW. Sure hope I've lost the 3 lb of salt weight I put on last week.
Sheesh, at my meeting today nobody even noticed I've lost weight. I realize 14 lb is a drop in the bucket when you start at 300 lb. but still....... Oh well, maybe next time. Most of them won't see me until November now and hopefully I'll have lost a bunch more by then.
# 1 grandson just emailed me to ask if he could move in with us. Says he's ready to move out on his own. I told him living here wasn't exactly living "on his own" and that Grandpa and I have done the teen taking over the house bit already and didn't want to go that route again. Gotta be tough with this kid because he'll take a mile for every inch given. Funny how you can love them to bits but don't really want them around all the time.

Last edited by LindaBC; 09-06-2001 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-06-2001, 10:47 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Stoping in to say Hi and I am going to sleep.

LInda stick to your guns on that one. the fun of grand kids is that you can give them back but now when they are living with you

to the rest. HI