3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   Weekend, August 25th and 26 th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/8779-weekend-august-25th-26-th.html)

peach pit 08-25-2001 07:55 PM

Weekend, August 25th and 26 th

:^: Please chicks there must be something going on with all of you this weekend...Ruth is gonna have my head if she comes back here and well...you know ...there is no weekend thread and I am taking up so much space!

peach

MamaJ 08-25-2001 09:14 PM

Awww Peachie~~if Ruth was here she'd be swingin' that Chicken Purse of hers on the "flippin' mad thread" !!

Not much going on for me today....cleaned house (again), mopped floors (again), laundry (again), scrubbed patio and furniture (again), watered almost dead plants (again). Emotionaly a bit frazzled today as DH had a female "hit" on him last night with me sitting right there. I think he handled it totally wrong. He brought me flowers but I don't think he gets why it upset me. Not about jealousy (he'd be too afraid of me to do something!!!) a matter of respect. So, a bit strained here today.
Also discovered who stole a chain saw and lawn equipment out of the garage....more stress.....and .... ugh, enuff! On the brighter side of life....
Stephen worked with Pep one on one today, went well. Michael is talking as tho he's not into football this year, Mom is glad but giving the talks of doing the "quitting" in the right way. We're all healthy and life is good. Steaks on the grill, salad made. The better things in life are more important.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
J

debkay 08-25-2001 09:35 PM

I just had a huge post and lost it, I'm too tired to try to do it again.

peachie, try to get a good nights sleep.

Janice be nice to hubby, he's the only one you have.

Night ladies, see ya in the morning!

Debbie

Ms Spotdog 08-25-2001 11:32 PM

Thanks, Debkay!

I really needed to hear that "be nice to hubby, he's the only one you have." sometimes I forget.

Thinking about you and Jiffy, Peachie. Get some rest.

Love ya guys,

Kel

Ruthxxx 08-26-2001 09:41 AM

Hey!!!!!!

Everybody up! Been up since 6 - terrible hotel - the wallpaper woke me up!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Peach, I have my chicken purse filled with lead shot now and the stainless beak and feet installed. Think I'll get through security on my way to Newark (Nerk?)? Hang in there, Peach and Jiff, us chicks are getting riled!

Mrs. S. - MamaJ is right. Hang onto that man.

See you sweeties, tomorrow.

NOW I will read the Flippin' Mad thread - shall I censor? LOL

debkay 08-26-2001 10:11 AM

Ruth you will be so proud of us, no need to censor anything.

peachie how are you doing today, hope you got a good nights sleep.

Janice any reason why your son wants to stop playing football? My son did the same thing, he stopped after his 9th grade year, and after two broken wrists. He decided to do JROTC, I was thrilled, I thought what a nice safe thing to do. Boy was I wrong, he decided to join the rifle corps, they throw 12 pound rifles over each others heads!! Only once in three years did anyone need stitches in their head, and the kid that needed stitches was a fill in. Actually they were pretty safe and boy were they good. During the 3 years my son was a member they were state drill champs twic and national drill champs once.

Chickadee, did I hear you say the Rockies were bums?? If that does not bring her out of lurkdom nothing will :lol:

kel have you been watching the Little League World Series? Everytime I see mention of it I think of you and your boys.

It's after 9 and nobody is up but me and the dog, I like the quiet of the morning, but gee I'm getting lonely. But I have my chick friends!!!

Have a good Sunday all
Debbie

nasus40 08-26-2001 10:53 AM

Hi girls. had a busy weekend I am so glad that you posted that DH is the only one i have, he is the reason i was so sparce in posting yesterday. I was so totally ticked at him i would hav sworn he was having TOM!!! (his name is Tom):lol: :lol: :lol: I scrubed the bathroom and kitchen. and did tons of laundry. the i went out and had my own dinner and did some shopping all by my self!!! (I bought school supplies) :(

well girls another busy day so i will be running. hope all is well. See Ruth I did not say anything i was not supposed to.:D I bit my fingers!!:D :D

LindaBC 08-26-2001 04:31 PM

Speaking of our dear DHs, I wonder if anyone else has this problem. My DH will come in the house, see me sitting at the table and say something like "Looks like you haven't moved all day". Not "Hello", not "How ya doing". Not "Lookin' good, Babe". Well, yesterday I blew my stack (not the first time) and said when he makes those remarks it hurts me. It hurts me a LOT. (I was shrieking). He just kinda faded away for the next few hours. I know I overreacted but darn it, I'd just finished cleaning both bathrooms, vacuumed, done several loads of laundry and baked bread. Sheesh.
Anyhow, today he's off putting new hardwood floor in the neighbour's family room and she's invited us both for dinner as a thank you.
I spent 3 hours in my garden this morning. Weeding, digging out unwanted plants, pruning back overgrown and finished plants. It's neverending.
Nice warm day today but already a touch of autumn in the air.

Ruthxxx 08-26-2001 04:38 PM

Well, they sure don't improve as they get older! My DH just sat and read his book when I left for the weekend yesterday morning. I did not suffer in silence! He greeted me warmly when I got home a half hour ago!

Casey 08-26-2001 06:43 PM

DHs

He just kinda faded away for the next few hours>>

Oh... don't you LOVE it when they do that!! ROFL

I'm a working mom, and unfortunately, my work is next door to my home. When it comes to cleaning, therefore, I'm it. Dh takes the train into the city... which means he's got a commute.

Now, I know that his commute takes 2 hrs. out of his day - but during those hours he can read or snooze... drink coffee and watch people, etc.

I use those 2 hrs to do laundry, cook, etc. So, like you, I become a bit incensed when he's come home and made those comments. Last year I went on strike for a week.

He's a reformed man. :D

nasus40 08-26-2001 06:52 PM

I can relat to that. that is what went on yesterday. he complained about everything, including the time i spend on the puter, i tiold him the 8-16 hour he spends infronmg of the tv is even less productive!!! then i went on strike and left the house. he cooked his own dinner. aand fed the kids!~!!:D

he made up this morning but he still did not change.:mad: :mad:

peach pit 08-26-2001 07:42 PM

{{{{{sigh}}}}} dh wanted to talk budgets today :rolleyes: just about brings tears to my eyes {{{sniff sniff}}}}

peach

Casey 08-26-2001 08:30 PM

dh ranting

Oh Peachie... if only my dh would talk budgets with me!! I told him we needed to renegotiate... and he told me it would need to wait until Sept. 15th.

Hmph.

Methinks HE'S having too much fun and I'm a jealous cow. :rolleyes:

Karen
OP - 14 days
(and looking at the possibilty of running/walking a marathon some day... isn't THAT a hoot!)

Ruthxxx 08-26-2001 09:06 PM

Well...

...practicing splitting threads. Suzanne said it was not easy.

Ruthxxx 08-26-2001 09:10 PM

Um - methinks I goofed

Duh! Not the first time I've goofed - been married twice! Split the thread OK but the moving needs more research! Oh well, better than deleting a whole thread as I've done before! Nora is a newbie - go see "Belongs with the Weekend Thread".
See you folks tomorrow.