Old 08-26-2001, 02:30 PM   #1  

Question Subtracting Fiber

Hi all....
Can someone explain the idea of subtracting fiber to get less carb grams?? I know I read it at some point, but can't remember what it is all about and how to and when to do it!
Thanks!
Old 08-26-2001, 04:15 PM   #2  
Slimwithin

I believe that's one of the features of the Protein Power plan. You probably have to buy a book that lists the fiber content of most foods. Some packages have that information on them as well. You simply subtract the fibre grams per serving from the carb grams per serving.
Even Weight Watchers allows us to subtract up to 4 grams of fibre from each serving when calculating our points. It's a "good thing".
Old 08-26-2001, 10:29 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I may be wrong but i believe that atkins new plan allows for that to. I did not think so untill i read on their packaging for a bar that the fiber can be subtracted from the total carb count to get ecc or effective carb coung. PP does do that which is why i like that program. it allows me more veges.