Old 03-02-2005, 08:36 AM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. The snow has finally stopped. I put my kittywillow wreath on teh side door the other day. I think that's what caused this big dum. Winter got pissed off that I was rushing her.

Some of the "missing" low carbers are in the WLS forum as they've had their surgery. I may go and ask them to peck in with us once in a while. There are also some folks who have drifted into LCFS. Too bad we didn't combine the threads when they first started. I did suggest it but they politely declined. Nice group of women too.

Gotta jet as my bubble bath is about to overflow. Not much else planned for today but stuff happens!
Old 03-02-2005, 10:08 AM   #17  

Hi L, Ruth.

L - wow, that was a tiny baby. Hope everyone is well.

I go over to WLS and check up on some of our gals often but I haven't seen Peachie over there in a while. (of course, just cuz I said that and haven't checked all week she is probably wildly posting over there now)

We barely got the ball game finished yesterday when it started raining buckets. Rained all night and looks threatening today. I know we need the water but I'm really looking forward to dry/warm days.

Ok - better jet and finish getting ready for work. Have a good day all.

Kel
Old 03-03-2005, 07:10 AM   #18  

Default Thursday morning- I'm home!

I got back from Florida last night, yuk-snow on the ground! L, DH said we got about 8 inches, but it seems to have melted off a bit.

Hi to everyone- I actually was able to get online at the hotel, but didn't have my log-in password, so I couldn''t post. I am happy at the solution you found to the "daily" and agree that a "monthly" would be too depressing! And it can be more active here some weeks than others.

I will try to be here daily- to work on the 1.5 lbs I gained! I think it is all Cheetos and wine, and should dissapear on it's own...but I want to give it a BIG PUSH! So I will actually do a bit of dieting this week and see if I can't loose 2 lbs. Anybody else have a weight loss goal?

Florida was OK, but not great weather until(of course) the last day- went to the beach for an hour and to the Riverwalk for lunch, but then it was time to leave. I have a problem with the tenant in the house there, and that's why I went.

well, I have to hit the showers, I'll certainly promise to keep up my part and post regularly...

glad to be back
dottie

b-hb eggs
d-lentil soup w/ham
s-baby carrots and cheese
d-chicken, veg, salad
Old 03-03-2005, 05:58 PM   #19  

Hi Ladies,

Here's a chick-check from the WLS forum. We're plenty quiet over there too, unfortunately.

Kel - Are you close to San Francisco? If so, what's the weather generally like in early April? I'm heading there for a couple of days and have a feeling it will be cold ( I want you to tell me otherwise of course)! My daughter's softball games start that same week in April and I have a feeling there will be a couple of snow games. I don't know if rain or snow is worse - both suck!

Dottie - Did you get any baseball games in while you were in FLA? My wonderful (albeit rated last in the whole league going into this season) played their first pre-season game yesterday and actually won. Those will have to be savored this year as they're probably few and far between.

Hi Ruth - I thought of you the other day while I was watching the Westminster show on TV. The Porties are just too cute!

That's all folks,
Chickadee
Old 03-03-2005, 10:11 PM   #20  

hi chickadee- well, I tried to get some baseball in, but got rained out! I met my friend and her family up in Pt. St. Lucie where the Met's have spring training. both the practice session and game were cancelled, so we just hung out and watched videos and ate pizza! disappointing, heh?

nice to see ya around-

we're not too strictly low carb and just trying to eat healthy- so stick around and join in if you're up to some support and chatter!

dottie
Old 03-03-2005, 10:16 PM   #21  

Chickadee! ONEDERLAND! That's ONEDERFUL! lol Congrats, sweetie!

SF in April, hmmm, it might be kinda foggy or raining but SF is actually more mild than Sacramento (we are about 1 hour 45 min. up and over from SF) and the lows are in the high 40s/low 50s with the highs being 50s/60s. It not really too bad. I had the impression that SF was cold/foggy/yucky most of the time but with Melis there now I keep track of the weather more and it really isn't too bad. Have fun - SF is a great city - Melissa just LOVES it there! (You will see her college -Academy of Art- signs ALL over the city as they are the largest land owner in SF.)

Did you get in some relaxing time anyway, Dottie, even if the weather was not stellar? Glad to have ya back.

*waves* Hi, Ruth! Hi, L! And any lurkers!

So I'm starting to get really nervous and kinda panicy at this point. This is the DUM-DUM-DUM-DUM going away weekend coming up. I excited/giggley/scared/etc. But I know it will be just fine. I'm a big girl and I don't have to do anything I don't want to - and there has been no pressure put on me by John so it's all good. (....but I'm still nervous)

Chat at ya later!

Kel
Old 03-04-2005, 09:23 AM   #22  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hello!
Chikadee, good to see you girl! Get the other chicks from WLS to come here and check in...humm maybe Ruthie can do that!

Kel, have a great time...

Taking the kids to see the pacifier this afternoon. Might invite the nephew too.

Off to get away from the computer today. My wrist is sore from using it too much.
dotti, ruth, and any lurkers!
-L
Old 03-04-2005, 09:37 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

Quick good morning. Great to see The Chickadee posting although that means we'll be into baseball talk soon. I'm glad you think Porties are cute. I have one left for sale so spread the word!

Dottie, too bad about the Fl weather. My friend Lorraine is just back this week and said the same.

Kel, of course you are a big girl and of course you are scared/excited/whatever. I bet you will have a great and relaxing time.

L144S, are you dug out yet? Is the pacifier a movie or a therapist? Can you tell how out of it I am?

I'm off to see Jack, my PCP, this morning as I am sick to death of hurting and complaining because of this knee. Something has to be done so I am going to ask for a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon. I refuse to go around being *****y all the time because I hurt. I rattle from all the Advil and Tylenol I take and am starting to worry about what it may be doing to my stomach. Jack is a real sweetie so I expect something to come out of our appointment.

I'm off to the tubby! have a good day.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:23 AM   #24  
Owned by Dixie

Ruth, it is a Disney movie for the kids, but hottie Vin Diesel is in it!
-L
Old 03-06-2005, 06:19 AM   #25  

good morning!

It's sunday morning and I'm up early- I guess just a lot of little things rattling around in my brain that kept me from sleeping later. But nothing big, just chores, cooking, getting the laundry finished for next week. I will head over to Sears to order a new refrigerator- that will be fun. The one that was in this house when we bought it is 19 years old and still running, but the compressor runs constantly and the seals are shot. I wanted a new energy-efficent one and I'll put the old one in the garage for party use.

Other than that, everything is OK. We got our taxes done before I went away, so that's out of the way. Just waiting for the weather to improve so I can think about some gardening! Well, I can THINK about it...and maybe that's as much fun as DOING something- and easier on the back and knees!

How are your knees, Ruth...what did dr say?
Kel, you're off enjoying your weekend away- hope it's great- we're thinking of you-
L, I never liked Vin Diesel, but he is very cute with a baby in his arms! Is that some sort of genetic thing to feel attracted to men with caregiver skills? I thought we were supposed to want them out hunting for meat. Well maybe it's the combination of testosterone and protectiveness...whatever, he looks adorable in the previews!

that's it for me.
have a great day,
dottie

b-1 egg,1 turkey sausage, 1 pancake
l-tuna on romaine
s-veg soup
d-salmon, broccoli, 1/2 baked potato
no ice cream. ('nuff said)

Last edited by dottiejon; 03-06-2005 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:46 AM   #26  
Owned by Dixie

Happy Sunday Dottie and any others to come.
Off to NH thisafternoon for a little gathering. Bringing the kids and the husband. Bought the plant to bring with me and waiting on the kids to return form shool.
I have to find a carpet cleaner. my bed room has gotten so bad with the geriatric pooches. it stinks and ude to be beautiful!

Dottie, I have to get on theat taxes thing. DH keeps all of the paper work but the accountant harasses ME!
it is on the list for tonight.

Off to do a little make-up so i don't scare anyone today, have a cup of coffee with DH before the kids get back and then off for the day.....

-L
Old 03-06-2005, 11:58 AM   #27  
Come on Spring!

BooHoo! We have a blizzard today! Yesterday I shovelled off the back deck thinking I might have coffee out there (in my coat) this morning. i think I'll be doing it again very soon!

Jack gave me a prescription for Celebrex which has worked wonderfully well! I was even able to kneel down in Church this morning! I have a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon but no date as yet. At any rate, having the Celebrex has made a huge difference. I didn't realize how much constant pain could wear you down and make you *****y!

We are going to cozy in around the woodstove today, read the papers, pet dogs and dream of spring. I do need to bring in some more wood but am hoping the storm will abate a bit so I can do that. I really need a 15 year old kid for about a half hour every day - that'd be long enough to get the chores done!

The lads who tap the trees in my sugar bush were hoping to start today but the weather does not look favourable for at least another week. They are just itching to get making the syrup crop as they use the $$$ for seed money. It'll come eventually.

Have a good weekend, chickies.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:25 PM   #28  
Owned by Dixie

Good evening,
Glad to hear you are feeling better Ruth, it is amazing when you do feel better when you relize how bad you were feeling before especially when it has been a long hall.

Life is good, auction ducjks seem to be in a row and looking good.

Older boy is off for a 3 day field trip with school on Wed and I think he is excited!

little man is going to bed earlier and seems to be less "fragile" about life.

My new niece is doing well and home, although they have to wake her every 3 hours to feed her. I really don't miss those days!

I am waiting for spring, and can't wait to go on vacation on the 19th.

Kell, how was the weekend date?
off to veg in front of the TV...
-L
Old 03-08-2005, 04:48 AM   #29  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi guys I am here finally after a while of bad days and long nights, and short staff and tired well I guessyou get the idea. I hope only this nex week of snow and things will change I am tired of this white I am ready for green. tax money comes in this weekend and well it is going towards the roof we need so badly. then i will see if i can sell this body gto get some one to paint it. HHHMMM I may get my toe nails painted with the income.

well got to go and get ready for the gym
Old 03-08-2005, 10:03 AM   #30  

Hi Sue, hang in there. Good to hear that you are taking some 'you' time by going to the gym.

Hope you are feeling better and it isn't blizzarding there again, Ruth.

Hi to Dottie and L.

Well, the 'overnight' didn't 'over'. His family drama that he has been dealing with the last couple weeks has him stressed out and he just didn't feel it was fair to me (or us) to take things to the next level when he is in minor freakout mode due to stress. He was very sweet about it all and he did take me out for a very nice dinner and evening and pleaded with me to be patient with him, that he knows how special I am, really wants me to hang in there with him. He said all the right things so sincerely that even tho I was disappointed I couldn't be pissed about it all.

I gotta fold some laundry this morning so I better take off - have a great day, everyone.

Kel