3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   LCFS Week of Jan. 16, 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/51984-lcfs-week-jan-16-2005-a.html)

aleka 01-17-2005 06:52 AM

LCFS Week of Jan. 16, 2005

Good morning everyone,

Hope you all had a good weekend. Saturday and part of Sunday was awfully dreary. It has gotten cooler too. The heat is running this morning.

Anne, how did things go with Best Buy over the weekend? Hope you got everything straightened out with customer service. What did they say about your computer?

Lynn, how did the puppy sitting go this weekend? Hope that you had good traveling weather.

Nikki, I tried the Lipton's Mixed Berry green tea and it's very good. I really like the Orange, Jasmine, & Passionfruit. If you're looking for the Red Vanilla tea, it's in a red box with a lion on the front.

DH is working some normal hrs. this week. He'll be going into work in the mornings this week.

Have a good Monday.
Aleka

ANNE D 01-17-2005 07:45 AM

Good Morning Everyone:
My computer is fixed and back at home :D It had six viruses and Trojan
Horses :dizzy: It ended up costing me $260.00 because I had the
memory upgraded by another 256 mbm I had Norton 2005 installed and
Spysweeper intalled. It is running like a dream.....I downloaded Yahoo
Messenger so I will be able to chat with you guys :)

Nikki!!! weigh to go :bravo: :cp: You are doing wonderful. I have dropped
15 pounds in the last two weeks. Of course I am sure it is mostly water
but I am back on track. You weigh considerably less than me now. I am
a dumpy 240 :o My goal is to get below this 200 pounds once in for all.

Aleka it is freezing here. I am so glad to hear your DH will be working
some regular hours this week. I was waking up all night long. I guess its
the anticipation of another week of :devil:

Hi Lynn, cold enought for you :o How is it going at curves?

Have a great day.
Anne.

nikkic 01-17-2005 11:30 AM

Hi,
It's cold here. It was -2 at 5am, then dropped to -8 by 8am. They say tomorrow, it will warm up above zero, and I'm looking forward to that. Glad the wind is light right now.
Aleka, I looked and can't find the red tea. I might have to go to the health food store. They have a larger variety of teas. I'm still drinking a cup of coffee a day too. I like to get a cup from McDonalds, it's very hearty and about the only treat I allow myself.

Anne, good for you, losing 15 pounds :dancer: :cb: :cp: :hat: :dance: :cp: Some of it is water, but that's way too much to be all water. Your doing great, keep it up :)
I know that this year, will be THE YEAR that we make it into onederland. I really believe, we can make it to our goal weights too. My goal is to be 150 lbs by the time I turn 50 and I want to be healthy and strong. Actually, I want to do that this year and if not completely this year, to be finished next year. I know it's possible to reach our goals, we can do it together :D
Bet your really glad to get your computer back. That was fast!

Lynn, hi and hope your trip was a good and safe one. Will talk to you all later, I have to go get a quick nap in and then take a shower. I like to nap for about 1/2 in the morning, it seems to help me get thourgh the rest of the day. I'm always up until midnight and then back up at 4 or 5am, so napping makes me happy.
Nikki

aleka 01-18-2005 09:22 AM

Good morning,

Anne, WAHOO!!!! That's fantastic!!!:bravo: :cb: :encore: :cheer: 15 lbs in 2 weeks!!! I was watching SS on HSN last night because there was nothing else on TV. They were doing the SS segment. A woman came on, I remember her from SS BB, and she had lost 90 lbs.! SSizing is really working for you.

Nikki, is it still cold? I had an early morning hair appt. this morning and it was 38 deg. when I left. It has warmed up into the 40's already. The health food store is where I found the first pkg. of red vanilla tea. But, then I discovered it in the grocery store we go to, way up on the top shelf. We had our coffee over the weekend. Sometimes we drink it at night, but it's always decaf, otherwise I'm awake most of the night.:tired: You are well on your way to making your goal. :goodscale

Lynn, how are things going with you? Glad you made it back ok.

Well, gotta get my 2 mile walk in.

Aleka

nikkic 01-18-2005 10:26 AM

Good morning,
Yesterday, I did the 3 mi in the morning and the 2 mi in the evening. I was bored, nothing on tv. What I found out was, after doing the 3 mi for a few weeks, doing the 2 mi is like eating candy, it's a lot more enjoyable. I decided I'll start doing either the 1 or 2 mi in the evening just to kick it up a notch as Emeril says. I'll still do the 3 mi in the morning, not as much fun, but makes me feel better. Those new government guidelines say to get what, like 60-90 min of exercise a day? I didn't read it very closely. Outrageous amount for anyone that works or has kids.

Aleka, we are getting wind from the south now, so it's suppose to warm up. Even so, with the wind, it still feels plenty cold. Lynn said that it was suppose to get down to -38 last night up there. What did it get to Lynn and Anne? That's some cold weather.

I have to go feed the squirrels. Yesterday, I didn't feed them until noon. I saw these little furry tails running by the windows on the front porch and soon, they were looking in the windows at me. I think they are getting kind of spoiled. There are 4 of them now that are hanging around. My DD feeds them too at her house and she says she has 12 of them sitting on her front porch. Her neighborhood has a lot of big trees so they are full of squirrels.

Later, Nikki

alynn 01-18-2005 11:35 AM

Good Morning All: First of all Anne Congrat's :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: At first I thought it was 1.5 lbs. and I was impressed, than when the girls told me it was 15 was I was VERY impressed. I guess you froze your butt this morning. If it was -38 God knows what it is here. Well the big weight in and measuring at Curves was yesterday and that was a reality check. I have put 4 lbs on since NOV 1. I am doing the low-carb Curves and so far so good. I am in the right frame of mood this time. It is over a year since I started posting here and we are all on the same page at once. God I hope for sucess for us all. I even did the goals and exercises in the book. I can no longer kid myself I have the measurements written down and have to go though it again next week. We have the wood stove on and cracklin of the wood is so comforting. I am going to go to Curves around noon than on to the LIbrary and some shopping. Now if the car doesn't start it will be the WATP tapes for me later. I might do them anyway around 4-5 because that is my rough time. Well on with my day I will be back later.

ANNE D 01-18-2005 11:44 AM

Good Morning All:
Lynn, it is bloody freezing. I can't remember it ever being this cold in Toronto.

Thank you all for your congrats. Like I said I'm sure alot of it is water because of the bad eating I had been doing. I feel alot better. I will feel
better still when I am down another 25 pounds and I am my typical fatness :lol:

Lets all make this the year :cheer: :tread: :balloons:

A co worker of mine that works in another department has just told me
yesterday she has breast cancer. I asked her how old she was and she told
me she is 51. I have felt depressed ever since I heard that. It seems like
so many young woman develop this illness. I am going to try natural progesterone for real. It is suppose to balance out the hormones in a person
who has an excess of estrogen. I have all signs of that one the more I read
about it.

Have a great day all.
Anne.

nikkic 01-18-2005 06:37 PM

Evening,
Anne, that is shocking when you hear someone that is around our age with breast cancer. We have a friend (we're not close anymore, we use to hang out when DH and I first started to see each other) that we just found out has liver cancer and spots on his lungs. Just kind of hits you between the eyes when you find something like that out. Plus, it makes me want to try even harder to take care of myself, life is short.
Talk to you tomorrow, Nikki

ANNE D 01-19-2005 04:22 AM

Good Morning All:
Nikki you are so right. It does make you want to do your best to stay
as healthy as possible. I think the transition from peri menopause to
menopause is especially dangerous. So many women are right in that
age group when they get nailed :( The "experts" put alot of this down to
estrogen dominence (excuse my spelling)

Aleka, wow! I bet that lady looked great if I lost 90 pounds I would be at an ideal weight!

I don't know if I mentioned it to you guys or not. Do you know both my mom
and sister are losing tons of hair :no: :eek: I'm serious. My sisters hair
dresser asked her if its from not eating enoughing. Personally I think they
both look like **** , they are so skinny. I'd rather look like me!!! Someone who works with my sister who is just recovering from an eating disorder approached my sister about her size (or lack there of). I am thinking this
all started when my dad was really sinking. It was the one thing (eating)
they both could control.

Lynn, the weather is suppose to be some better today. That was much too
much :dizzy:

Anne.

aleka 01-19-2005 06:46 AM

Good morning,

It still is chilly here. I had the heat running all day yesterday. Can you imagine they were talking about wind chill in FL?:eek: It is supposed to be a little bit warmer today.

Anne, that is awful about your co worker. Yes, it does make you want to take better care of your health. I wish her all the best. Not eating right or not eating at all could cause hair loss. Maybe with the hair loss, they'll start eating better. The woman who was on with Suzanne did look great. She really was an inspiration.

Lynn, good for you on being committed to your eating plan and exercising. We all seem to be committed this year. I read my horoscope for the winter months and it said that some planet will be aligned with some other planet and that would make me more committed to something whether it be to lose weight or whatever. You know, they were right.
Nikki, you really are exercising. Good for you!:tread: I really admire you for exercising at night. When I do my 2 mile walk....I'm done! :lol: I read that gov't report too. I think with the amount of exercise they've recommended, they're going to discourage a lot of people from exercising.

DH has to be to work at 9:30 am this morning, so gotta go make breakfast.

Have a good day.
Aleka

nikkic 01-19-2005 08:18 AM

Morning,
Anne, sounds like the hair loss would be diet related to me too. I bet your right about their eating being what they can control. I'm sure it worries you. Encourage them to take vitamins and supplements if they aren't already. Hair loss can also be related to trauma, whether it's emotional or physical.

Just exercised once yesterday. Was going to again last night but I layed on the couch too long and fell asleep. Darn couch, always dragging me into it's clutches :nose:

Aleka, when is your birthday? I can't remember. What's your sign? I'm a gemini. I really do fit that description, the twins. My birth stone is the pearl, but also, it's alexandrite, the color change stone. I have some created alex in technibond from HSN. It really does change color and I wear it alot, even if it is unbelieveable big. The small alex isn't as good and I've read it doesn't really change color.

Hi Lynn, what's going on? What do you do with your dog when it's that cold out side? Do you still go for walks or just let her run in the yard? I use to hook mine to a chain and then let her go. I'm such a wimp about getting cold.

Better go exercise, I've avoided it as long as I can, Nikki

aleka 01-19-2005 09:42 AM

Nikki, your alex ring sounds lovely. Does the stone change color as to what color you're wearing or what you put it near? My birthday is in July and my sign is Leo. But, I'm not a typical Leo. Leo's are generally more outgoing and like the spotlight. I'm not like that at all. I do have other Leo traits though. My birthstone is a ruby. DH bought me a ruby & diamond birthstone ring many..many years ago. I wore it one day when I was visiting my late grandmother, whose birthstone was a garnet. She told me what a pretty garnet ring I had. I told her it was my birthstone, a ruby. She was adament it was a garnet, and we went back and forth a few times. So, then I just gave up and said ya, it was a garnet. The discussion was going nowhere, and I just didn't want to get into it any further.:rolleyes:
I'm off to do my 2 mile WATP tape. You know, I actually feel smaller in some places. I am not eating all that well, since DH has been working nights, just a sandwich or soup. I haven't had any veggies. So, I think I'm going to try to start eating a little better. I got out SS cookbook and plan on making lower fat versions of her recipes. That way DH can take some to work with him instead of him eating soup and crackers, which is easy for him to nuke, as he only has 1/2 hr. to eat.

Aleka

nikkic 01-19-2005 10:54 AM

Ali,
Alexandrite changes with light, it's different in sunlight or indoor lighting. The created ones I have change from a deep purple with hints of red, to bright pink and then a beautiful blue. The ones on HSN that are real, change from green to a gray blue, but they say the big real ones from Russia, change more like my created ones. I like the fake ones better and they are way cheaper.
The best rubies are clear and look more like a garnet. Garnets are clear stones, rubies are usually kind of cloudy, clear rubies without a lot of inclusions (what yours sounds like) are very expensive and hard to get anymore. I like rubies, they were my mom's birthstone too. Garnets come in a rainbow of colors and my favorite is Tsavorite (it comes from Russia and is beautiful), which is a bright green. I have some purple garnets, called rhodolite that my DD gave me for Christmas. Very pretty stones. I am a gemstone nut, I guess. If only I had the money to collect them :lol:
Got my walk in this morning and it went really fast. I think, I'm going to start listening to music and just turn off the sound on the tv. I know everything she is going to say by heart and never really listen anymore anyway.
Talk to you later, Nikki

alynn 01-19-2005 11:56 AM

Good Morning All: First of all NIkki I only listen to music when doing Lesley. I think that is what renewed my interest in music. DD downloaded a lot of CD's for me of music that she knows I like. I now have enough that I can listen to a different one every day. My interests in music now run that gamit. One day new country, the next rock bands (Bon Jovi) the next show tunes from broadway. and so on. In fact that prompted my xmas present from DH, tickets to a broadway show, I picked the Queen revival coming this summer and tickets to a Blue Rodeo concert, my favorite Canadian band. We also drive to a nearby city at the lake in the summer almost evey Saturday to see shows that the city put on for free during the summer. Boy Anne it sure sounds like your mom and sister need to start eating. Your Dad's death with be with you all forever but they have to stay healthy. Did they ever get the dog? That would be a way for them to channel time and energy and then help them move on. Aleka, I have found some good low fat recipes on the South Beach board here. I have been looking at the phase 1 recipes go take a look. They are a lot like curves and core. They want protein and low fat, which can be a life style. I have a new addiction, tetley's honey lemon ginseng green tea with a slice of lemon. It has taken the place of coffe for me. I switched to decaff coffee and have had my usual headache, so thought I would get off it as much as I can. Well I guess it is time to do Lesley and today is house cleaning day. DH has been sitting and doing jig saw puzzles and crossword puzzles for 3 day now so he doesn't know it yet but he is going to help!!!!! he used to at least shovel the snow but now pays for someone to do it most of the time. He has to do somethng I am sick of looking at him. Later

aleka 01-19-2005 12:06 PM

Nikki, I think I would like your Alexandrite better than what they sell on HSN. The colors you've discribed sound so beautiful. I am not that knowledgeable about gems, I wish I were. My favorite gemstone is sapphire, only because I love the color blue. Sapphire is DH's birthstone and I bought a braided ring with small sapphire, rubies, and diamonds intertwinted. I wear that ring all the time stacked with an enternity band DH got me from the Q for our 30th anniv., which is their diamonique. I wear this as my wedding set because I can't get my wedding ring over my knuckle anymore. I had to take it off for some reason and had a very difficult time getting it over the knuckle and had the same problem trying to get it back on. So, I thought I'd leave things well enough alone.
I know what you mean about exercise tapes and hearing the same thing over and over again. I never thought of listening to music while I'm exercising to her tapes. HMMMM, that's a good idea. I know already I'm sick of her asking one of the girls how her new baby is. :D
Gotta go do some house cleaning. I'm sick of looking at the dirt.:^:

Ali

aleka 01-19-2005 12:11 PM

Lynn, I think we were posting at the same time! Today must be house cleaning day. I will go look at recipes on SB diet. They have some good ones on the Core board too. I did my Leslie earlier, now I have to find something good for lunch, then I'll work my lunch off vacuuming and washing the floors.
Take care
Ali

nikkic 01-19-2005 01:57 PM

Hi,
Just waiting for DD to call to take her to the store.
Lynn, you really crack me up :lol: My DH just does the snow and in the summer mows. He thinks the rest of it is my job. He seems to get worse with age too, as far as not doing anything to help once in awhile. I see men on tv that do all kinds of stuff around the house and I wonder, where do they get those guys?

Aleka, your ring set sounds lovely and it has a lot of meaning too. I've got to find our old cd player. Last time I saw it, it was in the camper. Later, Nikki

aleka 01-20-2005 07:27 AM

Good morning,

Got my 2 mile walk in yesterday and got the house cleaned. Plus I made some egg crepes to make SS lasagna. I'll get the rest of the ingredients today to put it all together.

Lynn, I went into the SB website and copied a few recipes. One looks really good, pizza casserole. I do one something like it, only make it in the frying pan. That's what DH & I are having this weekend instead of our regular pizza. Did you get your DH to help with the cleaning? I had a good chuckle:lol: What I do to get away from caffeine is to start off with 1/2 and 1/2, then gradually increase the decaf coffee until it's all decaf. I don't get any headaches or anything doing it that way. That's what DH & I are doing now. I still have my tea during the day. I'll have to look for that tea.

Anne, how did things go for you yesterday? Is it still awfully cold? It's still a bit chilly here. Finally the wind has died down here and yesterday was really delightful out in the sun.

Nikki, did you find you CD player? We have a very old stereo system with a CD player in the living room. I may just try and do my 2 mile walk in the living room today. As I mentioned before the way we have it set up it's rather cramped for exercising, but there may be a spot I can do it in without running into very much.:) I think I'll pop in an ABBA tape and walk away the pounds:lol:

DH is off today so it's off to Punta Gorda to do grocery shopping. The grocery store there has changed hands. The company that owns it, owns the supermarket we used to go to in NH. So, I'm able to buy a lot of things we used to at home, plus it's cheaper than the one we go to in town. I know when we were planning on moving to FL I was happy that the grocery store was only 10 min. away and now we're still traveling 10 miles or so to do groceries. :dizzy: The company is just revamping the stores and there will be one a little bit closer in a few months.

Gotta go make breakfast, then get my walk in, take a shower, and we're off.

Talk to you guys later,
Aleka

nikkic 01-20-2005 07:40 AM

Good morning,
I found the cd player. When DD and I were shopping yesterday at Walmart, I bought a cd that is from the 80's or early 90's and it just says dance on it. I thought that would be ok. It's not anything I would normally buy or listen to. It does have a good beat though, but it doesn't go with my Leslie tape. I did listen to it while I did the 2 mile last night and the time did go by quicker, but I had to watch Leslie more to make sure I changed my movements when she did. I wasn't able to daydream, because I had to pay attention. Think I'll try it again with the 3 mile this morning. I might get the cd that says disco next time, I think disco has a great beat and might be more what I'm looking for.

Stripe just carried in a roll of Tums from DH's bedside. I better go clean up the mess, there's Tums crumbs everywhere, Nikki

alynn 01-20-2005 12:15 PM

Good Morning All: You bet he helped me do house work. I am pretty easy going most of the time but when ticked off he knows it is best to go along. I don't listen to music for the beat, it is to zone out to pass the time quickly. You have to listen to music you like for the music to work. Nikki try something you like and the time will go better. I am sitting here drinking my Curves shake and than will go to work out. Talking about music I HATE their music.Talk about men who help out my son is the poster boy D-I-L has a secret that she should share and make a fortune :lol: He picks up the baby from the sitter feeds him and has him bathed and ready for bed when she gets home so she can have a play time with him. He does most of the house work ( she says he is anal like me and she wouldn't do it right) gets up with the baby on Sat. morning and feeds him than takes him to do the shopping for the week. He says it is his baby too. Sunday she does laundrey and bathrooms and other stuff DS doesn't like to do. NOT at all like his father :lol: That is the way it should be. I know that I have asked you before about were you got those weight-loss things at the end of your posts but I can't remember were or how. Please tell me again as Monday is the big weigh in. Ali, I woke up today without a headache so the worst is over I think. Hi Anne, still in the deep freeze. We have put our wood stove on for the second time this week. It cuts down on hydro. Well off to Curves, I sure hate to go out in the cold!!!!!!

aleka 01-20-2005 01:55 PM

Lynn, you brought your son up right. That's great he helps your DIL out with things. To get the weight tracker, click on "User CP" or go through your Private Messages. Click on edit signature. When that page comes up a sample weight tracker will be there. Click on the weight tracker and it should bring you to the directions on what to do.

Aleka

nikkic 01-20-2005 01:56 PM

Hi again,
Lynn, you must be very proud of your son. I just thought men like that were a myth, or lived in New York (somewhere far from here) :lol: What a nice person he sounds like.

This morning, I put in the cd I bought and did what you said, Lynn. I didn't try to go with the beat, if I would have, I would have had a heart attack. The thing is real fast. I do like the music though, it's just not something I would have ever boughth on my own. There are just a couple of songs that I skip through, too much rap, not enough melody. I'm not a big fan of rap, but I do like a few things I've heard on occasion. Anyway, it does make the time go much quicker and before I knew it, I was done with the 3 mile.

Lynn, to get the weight tracker, go to the top of the page and click on User CP (it's the purple bar with different places to click on). When you get there, on the left side, it says edit signature, click on that and on the next page, click on the yellow bar with the little person on it and that will take you through the steps to make up a weight tracker of your own. When your done making it, you have to copy the url, then go back to your User CP, go back to edit signature and in that box, paste the url. It's not as hard as it sounds.

Later, Nikki

nikkic 01-20-2005 01:58 PM

Ali, we must have been posting at the same time again. Nikki

aleka 01-20-2005 02:13 PM

Nikki, I guess we were posting at the same time.

I listened to a Mamma Mia CD I have while I was walking away the pounds. I had somewhat of a hard time following Leslie because I kept more in time with the music than what was on TV. A few times I caught myself walking to the beat of the music, and at times I was going faster than Leslie, so had to slow myself down. It's something I don't realize I'm doing until I see I'm out of sync with everyone on the tape. I really enjoyed the music. It did make the 2 miles go faster.

Aleka

alynn 01-20-2005 04:12 PM

Hi Again: Thanks to you both for the help, as you see you were very helpfull. I am sure I will change it a few times and I put my absolute lowest weight down and DD said that was rediculous at my age so that might have to be changed. What the ****, who knows if the diet and exercise come together I just might get there. DD says that if I lose to much weight I might look older so what did I want!!! DS is good but I can't take the credit, I didn't do such a good job with his father. I suspect this generation is just better educated in how the division of work is in a 2 income family. Something our generation (the male) didn't realize that a working mother needs help. Well off to do dinner, talk to you tomorrow

ANNE D 01-21-2005 04:04 AM

Happy Friday Ladies:
It is freezing. I absoultely hate it :( I was hearing a guy on the radio
saying January 24, 2005 is the most depressing day of the year. When
questioned why he stated by then, everyone has failed at their new
years resoultions right away I thought not us!! :tread:

Speaking of music that is how I cope with rush hour in Toronto on the
subways and buses each and every day. My son James has one of these
ipods and keeps telling me "mom get one, you need it" I am going to bye
the Freddy Mercury Tribute concert on DVD. I love some of those performances! I especially like Roger Daltrey singing "I want it all and I want
it now". Very powerful. That for me would be excellent exercise music. I
also like Robert Plant on that special singing "Crazy little thing called love."

Aleka, SS pizza! I gotta check that out. What do they use for a crust??

Nikki, you are doing great with that exercise, Are you still doing body flex?

Lynn, we are suppose to be getting snow again Saturday. When is it going
to end :shrug: I am always petrified I'll take a big flip.

Have a great Friday.
Anne.

aleka 01-21-2005 07:27 AM

Good morningeveryone,

Anne, you're right about all of us by Jan. 24th. The pizza I'm making is a recipe my cousin, who is low carbing gave me. You brown 1 lb. lean ground beef in a skillet, drain the fat. Add a jar of pizza, or pasta sauce, whichever you prefer, then pat it down into the skillet. Add whatever toppings you want, sprinkle cheese over it and heat until the cheese is melted. It is so good and it's quick and easy to do. I'm making SS lasagna using egg crepes. It really is good. I've been thinking about an i pod, but have no idea of how they work. Do you record music off a personal CD or do you download music from the computer?

Nikki, I'm got a big fan of rap either. Some of it is good though.

Lynn, you're right about this generation of males not helping out with housework when both are working. You have a very thoughtful and caring son and I'm sure you're very proud of him.

Haven't decided whether or not to WATP today. I woke something up in my back, it's not too..too bad, just a twinge, but I don't want to aggrivate any further, but I also don't want to give up my workout. I'll see how I feel after we have breakfast.

Later this afternoon Lacee has her first appt. with her new Vet. She's due for shots and a heartworm test. This aught to be fun.

Enjoy your Friday.
Ali

nikkic 01-21-2005 10:04 AM

Good morning,
That was going to be my question, what is an ipod anyway? I have no idea.
It is nice to do the WATP with music. I was really sick of hearing Leslie say at the end of the 3 miles how great Deb looks for her age-"May I say, Debbie is 51! That's the way to age!" I mean, holy cow, she's only 51 :rolleyes:

Lynn, about what your DD said about losing weight and looking older. I've been worried about that myself. My skin is starting to sag and I'm not liking that. I've read alot about it. If you lose about 1 lb a week, your skin has more of a chance to keep up with your weight loss. Also, it can take up to 1 year for your skin to shrink after you reach your goal weight. On the other hand, after a certain time in a persons life, your skin is going to be looser, whether you lose weight or not. I decided I'm going to just be healthy. If I don't reach my goal weight, but I feel good, that's ok. If my skin is not as firm as it was when I'm fat, then I'll accept that too. Seeing myself in pictures when I am fatter is not what I want to look like either. My eating and exercise aren't necessarilily just for weight loss. It's also to get healthy, be fitter and to be here for a longer time in the best body I can have. I think I finally realized, I'm giving my body what it needs to be well and healthy.
Anne, I haven't done BF for 2 days now. When DH is on days off, I don't do it. I prefer to do it when I'm alone. It is something that I think helps with sagging skin though, so I will keep it up.
Aleka, hope your back is feeling better.

Better get my day going.
Another ice storm is coming later in the day, Nikki

ANNE D 01-21-2005 11:16 AM

Hi Guys:
This is my understanding you down load your CD's on your computer and
from there upload them on to your ipod.

I'm not too worried about sagging skin. In my case after I carried my twins
to term my gut sags alright!!! :lol:

I am listening to the radio at work right now and would guys beleive we are
in for another winter storm on Saturday :( Give me a break)

What time are you guys on line?

Anne.

alynn 01-21-2005 01:51 PM

Hi Guys: Anne, watch the papers the Mivish's are bringing a Freddy Mercury Queen musical along the lines of Mama Mia this summer. I would LOVE a IPOD but I am going to wait until my kids Ipod's are out of date and they get new ones. The price is great FREE. I have friends that play games on the Go Train with their's I would listen to music. How great would it be to listen to music on walks outside in the nice weather. Maybe I will look into them this summer, I definately want one. Oh Joy Oh Bliss another storm I can hardly wait. Sorry about your back Ali, for sure slow and easy. I am tired today, I have been to Curves but if it wasn't for the contest I probabley wouldn't have gone. Everything is an effort today, I slept really well last night. Nikki when DD said that it started me thinking too. I have so far not aged to badly ( not going grey has helped) I really don't want to be old looking. Once this contest is over I will think about the healthy approach by than I shouldn't be to to bad. I guess thinking I will be my weight of my 30's is a little dumb. Oh well time will see. Well I am off to the store need a few things and if I can't get out tomorrow should go now. Later

nikkic 01-21-2005 02:46 PM

HI again,
Anne, we haven't chatted on line for about a week now. What we found out about the voice part is, there is a delay and it's hard to have a converstation, besides, Lynn doesn't have speakers, so she can't hear us.
I'm usually on line around 630pm your time some times all evening. If you see that I'm on line, just send me a note and we can chat. Anyone else want to chat tonight?

Mark this on your calendars ladies, my DH washed the dishes this morning! :lol: I was shocked, I hadn't even said anything about helping me around the house.

Lynn, I have so much gray hair, I can't believe it. I have bleached my hair since I was 16, so I don't care. I'm just glad I have hair at all at this point.

Talk to you guys later, Nikki

aleka 01-22-2005 07:20 AM

A Good Saturday Morning,

Did you chat last night? I wasn't able to get on the computer at all yesterday afternoon. Lacee had a Vet appt. mid afternoon for her yearly shots and Heartworm test. It seemed we were there for hours. It was rather late by the time we got home and I wasn't able to get to the computer until this morning. I also got a rude awakening this morning. Lacee was sick, I'm sure it was from all the shots she got. The poor little thing. She has to go back next week to have her teeth cleaned.

I did do my workout yesterday because I wanted to do at least 5 days. I decided to take the weekend off, even though I'm supposed to walk 6 days. Monday I start walking 2 miles with weights. Speaking of which, Amazon e mailed me that my book has been shipped.

Lynn, it's funny you should mention what your D said about losing weight and looking older. A friend of mine, we're the same age, was just telling me that she recently saw a family member who she hadn't seen in a very long time. The family member had lost quite a bit of weight, she had dieted down to a size 4. My friend told me that she couldn't believe how old and wrinkled this person was, and looked 20 yrs. older than she herself did, even though that person was only 2 yrs. older. I haven't gone gray yet either. I've got a few gray hairs in the front, but that's about it. My natural color is an ashy blonde, which I don't like, so I usually get highlights every 5 months or so.

Anne, thank you for explaining what you do with an IPOD. Are you getting that snow storm today? Our weather is supposed to go downhill either today or tomorrow.

Nikki, did you do a happy dance when your DH washed the dishes? :cb: :dance: I'm just thinking of health too. I just want to get at a natural weight my body is comfortable with and a weight that is easy to maintain. If I don't reach my goal, then so be it. I've been lurking on some non-dieting sites, and they all say, just listen to your body because it usually will let you know what it wants.

Have a good day everyone.
Ali

nikkic 01-22-2005 08:50 AM

Good Morning,
Ali lost 5 lbs, Ali lost 5 lbs :bravo: :cp: :dancer: :high: :queen: :cheers: :cheer: Good for you Aleka! That's great!

I really do think that if you lose weight too quickly, like on the Biggest Loser where people are losing incredible amounts a week, or people that have WLS and lose 100 lbs in 6 months to a year, are the people that are dealing with really bad excessive skin. I'm hoping losing 2-3 lbs a week isn't too much and this week, I've just maintained the same weight. I use to get discouraged when that happened, but now, I look at it as a period where my body can catch up and get use to the new size. On the other hand, I really think I'm going to have to consider being happy at a higher weight. Being a size 4, but looking like a puddle of wrinkles isn't my goal either. I never could be a size 4 anyway. When I was 130 lbs, about 15 years ago, I was a size 8/10 and I looked too thin. I'm thinking a size 14/16 would be the best for me at my age.

Aleka, I found the Madacascar Vanilla Red tea yesterday. That was the kind you were talking about wasn't it? I am drinking it right now. It's really good. Not too much vanilla and an interesting flavor.

Anne and I were able to chat last night. I didn't get on line until a little later. DH came home right when I should have gotten on line and so I had to make supper and get that out of the way. I was glad he got home, we had that ice storm and then winds that were blowing at 50 mph last night. The ice didn't amount to that much here, but the wind was horrible and still is.

Anne, I enjoyed talking to you last night, that is always fun. Hope we can do it again sometime and everyone can get in on it. That would be great.

DD #2's birthday is coming up on Thursday. I have to do a little on line shopping this morning for her. I shouldn't have waited so long. Hope the shipping doesn't take longer than 4 days.
Later, Nikki

aleka 01-22-2005 09:17 AM

Anne & Nikki, glad that you guys got to talk last night. I'm hoping we can all get together sometime soon.

Nikki, yes, that is the tea I was talking about. Did you find it in a health food store? It does have an interesting taste to it. It took me a while to get used to it. Now I really like the flavor.

Ali

nikkic 01-22-2005 10:15 AM

Ali,
I found it at Walmart. How about that? I'm on my second cup already, I like it. Nikki

alynn 01-22-2005 02:09 PM

Hi All: I just lost another post and am pi--ed off!!!!!! Anyway Congrat's Ali that is great. I am now looking forward to Monday's weigh-in. I would post some smilies but I had some in the last post and wonder if they have some thing to do with losing my post. It is always on a weekend, Oh what the **** :jig: :jig: :cp: :dance: if I lose this will be the end of me and the computer today. Oh happy day Nikki, you must be in shock!!!! I have started making DH help, today he vaccumed the couch for dog hair, he needs the exercise :lol: Well Anne have you got a storm DD in Burlington says she can't see anything the wind is so strong it is blowing the snow so hard. We just started to get a light snowfall so hope it stays that way. Since I picked up everything I needed yesterday I am in for the day anyway. Well that's it I will close while the goings good. talk to you tomorrow

ANNE D 01-22-2005 03:49 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies:

Weigh to go Aleka :cb: :balloons: :bravo: :cp: I'm so proud of you!!!!

Loved talking to you Nikki, I am so new to live chat but I will get the hang
of it yet!

Lynn....This snow stinks :o I'm bloody sick of it. We are suppose to get
more Thursday and Friday too :?: :dizzy: :no: give me a break.

Not too much to report. I lost another pound and I am up to 16 in three
weeks. :) This is the year!!

See you on line guys.
Anne.

nikkic 01-23-2005 05:24 PM

I'll start a new thread :)