Old 01-14-2005, 07:17 AM   #16  

Good morning,

It started raining in the wee hrs. of the morning. We've had rain off and on since and it's to continue at least through Sun. We've seen some flashes of lightning and heard some thunder in the distance.

Lynn, that 5HTP sounds interesting. Let me know when you find something out about it. I wonder if it would help me lose weight even though I don't crave carbs. That's fantastic you did the 3 mile walk. I'm still doing the 1 mile walk, then on Mon. I'll start the 2 mile walk. I didn't do the WATP yesterday, but I did get a lot of walking in.

Hi Anne and Nikki, hope you both had a good day yesterday.

Aleka
Old 01-14-2005, 08:53 AM   #17  

Happy Friday Ladies

We are back to the deep freeze. Lynn, we did get alot of fog. Last night
it rained cats and dogs and this morning we are back to rink like conditions My mom and sister will be getting the puppy in the spring.
I'm already making plans for that puppy and how my kids and I are going
to spoil him!!!!!(lots of toys and love)

Aleka, I am so mad at Best Buy. They never answered my email. Talk
about poor customer service. My sister and I will go down on the weekend
and take in the computer. With customer service like that who knows when
I will see it again. I am going to have them put some more memory in it as
well. It was slow as a slug at the best of times!!!!

Hi Nikki hope everything is going great with you!!! Have a great day.

Anne.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:10 PM   #18  

Hi Everyone,
I was too busy, then too tired to post yesterday. Had to take DD to the store, then I had to go to the store. The temps were below freezing so carrying her groceries with her (she lives on the second floor of an apartment building) then getting my groceries and carrying them in, I was beat and about frost bit. Then, had to do laundry, clean a little and clean fish tanks, so just never got around to posting. DH took me out for supper to the local Mexican restaurant and I was able to srape off the cheese and the sour cream and just eat 1 cup of the fajita salad without the shell. I have no idea how many calories is in that thing, but it's alot.
Today, I had to shop some more. I try to get everything for 2 weeks all at one time, but it usually takes 2 or 3 trips to get it all.
We made plans to go to our favorte B&B for Valentines Day. It will be our 7th anniversay. I was shocked DH suggested it, since he's not extravagant usually. It's on the Mississippi river. They decorated the rooms with antiques and it's very nice. Theres a jacuzzi in the bathroom, and it includes breakfast, dinner, roses, champagne and truffles. I am really looking forward to getting away for the night and just relaxing.
We are really getting some wicked cold weather. There was a big icicle hanging from the stove pipe outside this morning. DH says, you know it's cold when the moisture from the smoke freezes. They say it's going to stay like this for about a week. I've had enough and I'm ready for spring.
Nikki
Old 01-15-2005, 07:45 AM   #19  

Hi!

It rained buckets off and on most of the day yesterday. By late afternoon the sun came out. The temp. has gotten a lot cooler too ane it's supposed to be cool into the good part of next week.

I got an e mail from my cousin who went to NH to check on their summer cottage (the one behind the cottage I previously owned). He checked on our house while he was there. He was telling me that the lake hadn't frozen over, which is very unusual, and that there was hardly any snow. This really has been an unusual winter.

Nikki, your weight tracker has moved...Congragulations!! You're really coming along great! The B & B sounds so nice and romantic. You'll have a wonderful time. Is it still really cold where you live?

Anne, how was work last week? Good luck with Best Buy this weekend. I hope that your computer gets fixed very soon. Maybe their customer service will be better "in person".

Lynn, hope you're having a good time puppy sitting.

Have a great Sat. everyone.
Aleka
Old 01-15-2005, 08:11 AM   #20  

Hi,
Anne, hope you get your computer back soon. Maybe they stink at answering email, but the people that fix the computers might be fast. You never know about places like that.

Aleka, I was surprised at the weight loss. I'm having my TOM this week, and I always gain 5 lbs. This week, I lost and can barely believe it. I had to weigh this morning, just to make sure it wasn't a dream. I was hoping to be at 210 by Valentines Day, but if I keep going, might surpass that.

It is super cold here. The over night low was suppose to be -10. I don't know if it got that cold, but it sure felt plenty cold when I went to the garage to put wood in the stove. Still trying to keep the ungrateful cat warm. He's been our baby for 9 years now. Unfortunately, he didn't get along with PJ or Stripe and has to live in the garage now. He also has this long, cotton candy like fur that got everywhere, so that was another reason. Plus, he wants to be out more than in. I just keep the stove going when it's really cold out there. DH likes it too, he can go to a heated garage any time to work on his old truck. Another bonus.

I'm drinking my green tea this morning, Aleka. I think I like it better than coffee. Did you find the Liptons that I was talking about yet? It's what I'm drinking now.

Got to exercise still, so better get going, have a good weekend, Nikki
Old 01-15-2005, 08:42 AM   #21  

Nikki,

I totally forgot to tell you. Yes, I did find the Liptons. I had the orange, passionfruit, & jasmine yesterday morning and it was really good. I think it will be possible to drink that without sweetener. DH thought the tea tasted sweet, but because I'm so used to the overly sweetness of Splenda, it wasn't a bit sweet to me, but it wasn't bitter either. I also got a mixed berry flavor. We haven't tried that yet. That's today's tea. If you haven't tried that, I'll let you know how it is. I honestly haven't missed coffee in the mornings. But, that's what I'm drinking this morning. How many cups of tea do you drink? I usually have one in the morning, some days iced tea (not green tea) for lunch, and I'll have a cup of green tea either late afternoon or in the evening. I saw white tea in the store the other day. I've never heard of white tea before. Another good tea is Madagascar Vanilla Red. Celestial Seasonings puts it out. It's different. It's a red tea. The first time we had it DH really liked it, but I had to get used to it. Now I really like it.

Talk to you later,
Aleka
Old 01-15-2005, 10:51 AM   #22  

Ali,
I drink about 4 cups of tea a day. I have a box of white tea. It's suppose to have more antioxidants than green tea and may be more beneficial. I thought it tasted ok, but wasn't something I would drink all the time.
I'll have to look for the red tea. I actually have a cupboard full of different kinds of tea. I buy a box, think I'll drink it, then don't.
How's the walking going? I'm sticking with it, even though some mornings, I really have to talk to myself to get up and do it. I set a goal of walking 75 miles this month. So far, I've walked 38 miles. I will have to add in a few extra miles here and there to make my goal. Nikki
Old 01-17-2005, 06:40 AM   #23  

Hi Everyone,

Since it's Mon. I'll start a new thread.

See ya there!

Aleka