Old 01-10-2005, 10:05 AM   #1  

Wink New to site~

Hello,
I joined the site last week and have periodically been reading posts. I thought I introduce myself. I am married, 21 years; have 2 children, a girl 16 and a boy 11. I am mostly a stay at home mom, but I do substitute teach, where my son goes so I don't have to worry about before and after school care, and am a consultant with Mary Kay cosmetics. I started Protein Power in Aug. 1999 and lost 90 pounds. I have since yo-yoed 40 pounds. I didn't seem to loose anything when I'd stick to the program so last week I started Herbalife/LC combo hoping to jump-start the downward swing. Shakes for breakfast and lunch and then 'real food', LC, for dinner. I'll see what happens for a month or so. I still have 50-60 more to lose.
Laura2
Old 01-10-2005, 08:13 PM   #2  

Hello Laura, nice to meet you. I haven't done the Protein Power shakes. Do you get sick of them from drinking them twice a day for a while, or do they have lots of types? I used to drink some different low-carb shakes on atkins, but I figured out that they were stalling my weight loss, so I got rid of them. Anyway, welcome and good luck.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:22 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Welcome Laura. Glad you stoped in I did the yoyo but went up and did not stop. (that was all my fault though)after you cleans your system out then cut out the shakes as niksa said they can give your body false ideas of sweets and still raise your insulin levels, but if it works do it. noe\t everyone has that reaction. try some green tea and some chromium that also will help. now for nuti\rients there is a mess of them that also will help magnesium, is needed for metabolism but also will prevent constipation,

Well welcome!! stop in the daily threads (or weekly now) and get to meet some of the other gals. we are a friendly bunch!