3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   LCFS Week of January 2, 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/51091-lcfs-week-january-2-2005-a.html)

aleka 01-02-2005 08:17 AM

LCFS Week of January 2, 2005

Good morning,

It felt weird typing in 2005. It usually takes me a few weeks to get used to the change.

Hope you all had a good holiday yesterday. DH & I had to make a trip to Sams to get an ink jet for the printer. We got there only to find that they were closed. But, Walmart was open and we couldn't figure that one out. :?:
We than went to Books-A-Million and I bought a couple of books. One book is a new mystery from one of my favorite authors and the other is The Cooking Light Way to Lose Weight. I'm in the process of reading it now and it has some good sound advice. There is no dieting involved, just eating low calorie versions of your favorite foods, and exercise. This is my plan for the new year.

Nikki, glad that your cold has finally left you.

Anne, hope you're having a good weekend. Have you started SS yet?

Lynn, hope you're having a nice visit with your company.

Have a good day everyone.
Aleka

nikkic 01-03-2005 08:58 AM

Good morning,
I had a lot of fun last night you guys. Anne-Aleka, Lynn and I ended up all being on line at the same time and were able to have a chat in yahoo messenger. Some time when you can get the time, we will have to plan on doing it all together. I had to download Yahoo messenger to do it, don't know if you have it or not. I have speakers and a microphone, so Aleka could here me talking. It so neat.

We are getting freezing rain here and it's pretty thick. I don't think DH will make it home today. I was suppose to take DD grocery shopping later. Tomorrow, we are suppose to get a foot of snow on top of it. I wish we had gotten her grocery shopping done yesterday.

I've lost a few pounds according to the scale, so things are starting to move in the right direction again. I was getting kind of disgusted, but I know that it will fluctuate and it's not always going to go down.

Better get ready for the day, Nikki

alynn 01-03-2005 09:03 AM

Good Morning All: We are alone after 3 days, DH is doing his crosswords and I am spending quality time on my computer :) We had a blast, we are all very competetive people and we played cards and other games the whole time. DH is always in bed by 11 but we were up till 2 almost every night and up by 8 and as soon as we had a coffee in hand were back at it. Even the dog is tired, she is back in bed. Well I guess I will go and play on the messanger and read up on it. Back later

aleka 01-03-2005 01:21 PM

Good afternoon,

Nikki, congrats on the weight loss. That's great the scale is moving in the right direction again.

lynn, we used to play cards with friends of our's, but he was a sore loser, and everytime my girlfriend would make a little boo-boo he'd start to criticize whatever she had done. There was one game we used to play, and I would win quite a few hands. He'd start razzing me, but since I wasn't married to him I gave it back to him in kind. Eventually we stopped playing cards. We're still friends, only because my girlfriend and I have been friends since we were 10 yrs. old.

I'm making a loaf of SS Rye Bread Mix. It's just in the kneading stage, and the bread maker is making weird noises. I hope that's normal. I looked in the little window a while ago and the bread looked like it had taken on a life force of its own. This is the first time I've ever done this, so decided to use the Rye bread for my first try. Just in case something screws up, I'd rather not have it screw up on some bread I really wanted to try.

Aleka

nikkic 01-03-2005 04:20 PM

Hi,
DH had to work ot through the day. I did manage to get DD to the grocery store, she only had a box of mac & cheese left and no milk or butter to make it with. Tomorrow, we are suppose to get 12-17 inches of snow. This ice was really thick today. It's been a mild winter so far, so I guess we're playing catch up in just a few days. I made the mistake of waiting till this week to order some wood for our stove in the garage. They won't be able to bring it until who knows when. Same with the propane, but at least we have enough of that to make it for a month if we have to. The wood isn't really necessary, but the old man likes to piddle in the garage and it is great to get him out of the house when he has days off. I don't know how you guys do it with your men that are retired. I think either he or I will have to get a job when he retires, because he drives me nuts when he has a few days off or a vacation.
Well, I have to run to the post office, talk to you all later, Nikki

alynn 01-03-2005 05:57 PM

Hi Everyone: Way to go Nikki, you are the inspiration for the rest of us. Last night on the computer was great I spent the morning playing in helpfinally getting dressed and mobile around around1. Our ice has melted away but man was it ever thick yesterday. We will be leaving for the GTA in the morning for my aunts visitations and her funeral tomorrow. We hope to be back after the funeral or by dinner Wednesday. Boy do I hear you Nikki, the first year DH was retired was hard on my routine trying to keep him out of my way. I was lucky, I was driving him nuts too LOL, so he found his own entertainment Thank God for the computer and separate tv's. We will on occasion watch together if it is something we both are going to watch but not often. Aleka at least one a game I do one incrediably stupid thing but all DH does is laugh at me or I wouldn't be playing anything. Did you just get a new bread maker? Well off to get dinner Back Later I hope.

aleka 01-03-2005 06:23 PM

Lynn, I am so sorry about your aunt. Have a safe trip tomorrow. I bought SS bread machine a year or so ago, but never used it. The last time she was on HSN I bought 4 boxes of her bread mixes. The Rye bread is really good, but neither DH nor I are Rye bread lovers. I'm dying to try the Cinnamon Bread. Which we'll make Sat. morning.

Nikki, DH isn't retired yet, but he might as well be. He's driving me crazy. We were together 24/7 when we had our business, but he was usually downstairs working and the only time I saw him for any length of time was at mealtimes. I'm sure I'm driving him crazy too. I don't envy you your snow storm tomorrow.

Have a good night.
Aleka

nikkic 01-03-2005 07:09 PM

HI,
Lynn, have a safe trip. I am sorry about your aunt too. :grouphug:
Aleka, I don't know what's the matter with me. I do know your DH isn't retired, but for some reason my brain wasn't clicking right. Glad your bread turned out ok. I have a Cooks Essentials pressure cooker that I've never used. It looked great on the tv, but now, it's some kind of enigma. I have the directions, but not the will to try it.
Till another time, Nikki

aleka 01-04-2005 07:45 AM

Hi,

Nikki, that's ok, my brain doesn't click all the time either. I've often wondered about pressure cookers. Everytime I see SS and she's demonstrating her pressure cooker, everything looks delicious. A pressure cooker is one thing I don't have. One thing I do have and couldn't be without is an electric steamer. I usually steam brown rice and it comes out really good, veggies come out good too.

Lynn, stay safe on the road today.

Anne, is :devil: back this week?

Aleka

ANNE D 01-04-2005 07:47 AM

Good Morning Everyone:
I'm back at the old grind hoping I won't see :devil: any time too soon.
Sounds like you guys had a great time on line. Nikki, I do have speakers
and I will download Yahoo Messaging when I get home today. Our computer
is so skrewed up, I found all my disks yesterday and I am going to get
Jamie (my son ) to reset it today.
My brother, sister and myself accompanied my mom to the cemetary
yesterday. She wanted to put a poinsetta on my dads and grandparents
resting spots. It is amazing how close the two graves are. It certainly
wasn't planned that way because the grandparents are my moms parents.
Quite a coinsidence. It was kinda ucky because the sod has not yet
been laid on my dads grave so it looked kinda sunken. Anyway.......this is
not something I like doing but my mom wanted me to go and I didn't want
to upset her.

Aleka, I am back on Suzannes.......I had all bran today and I have turkey
salad for lunch today. I am also going to make it a point to chug my water...
I always slack off when it comes to water consumption so I will try harder.

Nikki, :goodscale :bravo: awsome job with the weight loss.

Lynn, when I walked out this morning it was slippery as ****. I am hearing
there is another "system" on the way. Wonderful :rolleyes:

Anne.

nikkic 01-04-2005 10:54 AM

Good morning,
Here I am with this gigantic cat sitting on my lap. I'm trying to type over her. She is the sweetest thing, so I hate to move her. We've had PJ for a few years now. It' only recently that she's gotten to where she trusts us enough to want to sit on us. She must have been very badly treated from whereever she came from. Lynn, I found her in a parking lot trying to jump into closed car windows. She was terrified. She's not a pretty cat and hasn't got a lot of personality. Plus, she's sick all the time and over weight. But, she's part of the family now and we love her.

Anne, Aleka and I will be trying to chat this evening, if you get Yahoo Messenger downloaded, join us. I don't know what time, I'll be on line around 5 or 6pm cst. If you don't already, enter our email addresses into you address book and that way you'll know if we are on line or not. A little message pops up and tells you. Then when we are off line another message tells you that too. It's funny, it sounds like a door closing. I think Lynn is going to be traveling today, so she probably won't be able to join us.
I have never liked going to the cemetary either. We go about once a year to visit the folks grave. To me, it is honoring them, but I don't feel like they are there. If I want to talk to them, I feel they are able to hear me and their memories live on in my heart.

Aleka, I have a couple of steamers that I use on top of the stove. I really like to make vegetables like this. I'm thinking I have got to get an electric one or rice cooker though. Electric stoves are really hard to cook rice on. When the burner gets hot, it stays hot for a long time. So, when I want to turn it down to simmer the rice, it can't cool off very fast and the rice gets done way too quickly and sometimes burns. I don't make rice very often, DH doesn't like it. But some dishes just need to have it.

DH is off the next three nights and that will be great considering the weather we will be getting. He will be able to clear the driveway off and not have to try to make it to work later. He's really pooped. He had to work 40 hours of OT this past payperiod. The VA is not adding new employees where he works as they want to close this VA down. That means the employees that are left are trying to do the job of several people. He's just sick of being there all the time.

Well, talk to you guys later, Nikki

ANNE D 01-05-2005 07:12 AM

Good Morning Everyone:
My computer is still on the fritz. I have a 3 year service warrenty with
Best Buy that I purchased when I got my computer in April of 2004 so it
looks like I will be taking it in on the weekend :( As soon as the computer
is fixed I will download the Yahoo Messenger and talk to you guys "live"

We are expecting another bloody storm tonight. I got the feeling this
winter is going to be a doozie :dizzy:

As you might expect, work is nuts and its "catch up time" I didn't actually
see :devil: yesterday but she sent me an email asking me a question about
work and also wishing me a happy new year etc...... Its a terrible thing to
feel as bitter as I do, I emailed her back answering her work question only......
I can't even pretend to like her anymore. I picked up a pamplet in Human
Resources regarding workplace harrassment and I am going to begin a log.
I was even dreaming about her last night. Can you guys believe it????? :rolleyes:

Have a great day ladies!!!
Anne. :wave:

nikkic 01-05-2005 08:09 AM

Hi,
Anne, I'd keep copies of everything that she emails you that relate too. When I worked at the VA, I learned to keep a log of when something occurred and what was said. For some reason, later if you have to go to someone higher up and talk to them about your boss, they give more validation to what your saying if you have a running log of it. Plus, if you are in a situation later where your trying to prove harrassment, it's nerve racking and I found it impossible to think clearly. The really good thing about it is, even if you never do use it, it does help to write things down. It helps to dispell some of the anger.

We are getting clobbered with snow. DH is out now running the snowblower up and down the driveway. They say, we will get plenty more before its all over. Some power lines are down because of all the ice we had a few days ago.

Aleka, I must have missed talking to you last night. I was on the computer from something like 615-650pm. Then had to get off and go watch The Biggest Loser. I thought this was the final episode, but guess next week is.
Maybe I can catch you tonight.
Anne, hope you get your computer back soon. What a pain they can be. I still think if you spend all the money we do for these things, they should run better than they do.

Better go do some exercise, Nikki

aleka 01-05-2005 08:25 AM

Good morning,

We went to a Whole Foods Market in Sarasota yesterday hoping to see if any of SS food was there yet. It wasn't. It would be nice to get a box of her salad dressing mix and the bread mix. I only hope that what I read on her BB is true and not a rumor.

Anne, that is a good idea to keep a log of everything that :devil: does and says to you, even if she sends you a nasty e mail print it out and put it in your log book too. You know what might help with the anger, write her a nasty letter then when you're finished, tear it up. I've read about people doing that and it says it does help.

Nikki, I was on the computer until around 7:00 pm, my time, so it would be around 6:00 your time. I usually get on right after supper and get off around 7:00-7:30, then DH has it until we go to bed. If you would like to talk tonight, let me know about what time you'll be on tonight, and I'll be here.
How much snow are you supposed to get? I guess that storm system has wreaked havoc so far. Hope you don't have to go out in it.

Lynn, hope you had a safe trip.

Have a good day.
Aleka

ANNE D 01-07-2005 01:37 PM

Hi Everyone:
My computer is still toast :( I have tried re-installing everything, I don't
know what gives so I'll likely will have to take it in. It takes forever for
any and all pages to load

Nikki, how long do your repairs usually take? I am really quite lost without
my PC. It is amazing how we all depend on them so much :)

Hi Aleka I am going to keep a log on :devil: I've had it with her, that's
for sure.

Hi Lynn, hope all is going great with you. How did you like the storm
yesterday :p

If I don't talk to you guys again, have a great weekend.
Anne.