3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   November 15-21 weekly chick chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/49349-november-15-21-weekly-chick-chat.html)

dottiejon 11-15-2004 07:16 AM

November 15-21 weekly chick chat

good morning to everyone, just stopped by to say hi and start the week off right!

Nothing new here, just thinking about the day, and looking forward to this audit being over, I have been preparing for a couple of weeks... it'll be so nice to have it behind me.

That's it, got to get some lunch packed and then get going. Have a great day-

dottie

Ruthxxx 11-15-2004 07:36 AM

Happy Monday, Chickies.
Harry is up, bathed, dressed and *****ing about no breakfast. We have to drop the car off at the dealer for a seat heater recall, grab a loaner and get to the clinic for his fasting bloodwork. Breakfast after that - an Atkins one for me and I will resist the home fries.
Catch you later. Have a great day!

L144S 11-15-2004 08:16 AM

Morning chickies.
Home with a cold this morning. I have had a little tea and toast and eeling a little better.
I worked all weekend and like the results, I hope the client does too!
No exercise as breathing is the challenge so I am going to lay low for the day and hope others post so I have something to read!
-L

KandiceS 11-15-2004 09:21 AM

Morning!
Haven't been on lately- been busy at work! I took pictures of me in the red dress this weekend- kinda clingy but I still have lots of work to do anyways too.

went to get my wedding dress fitted on saturday with MIL. it was nice to have the day with her since my mom is in Maine.
Yesterday we met with our pastor again and won't see him again until after the new year, when it'll be less than 2 months before the wedding!!

Have a great week everyone!

SonoGranny 11-15-2004 08:42 PM

Hi chickies.......... been away awhile: first, dd2 got married, then I was on vacation, and since I've been back (2 weeks) I've been all upside down and inside out!
Ruth, glad your play went well. I hope Hershey is back home by now.
Dottie, I hope things settle down w/your mil REAL SOON!
L , hope you get better quick........ from snow and bitter cold the other day to mid50's today - pneumonia weather! Take good care of yourself - you deserve some pampering and stayinbed time!
Kel, hope all is well w/all of you - time for you to start conserving your energy. As soon as the holidays are over, tax season will begin!! :eek:

I have been struggling w/my weight for a really long time, and nothing has seemed to help. In fact, I am UP about 20 lbs for the year........ I am upset, discouraged and disgusted (especially after seeing pictures of myself from dd's wedding!!! - I wanted to know who was that fat woman with MY daughter!!)- I have not had success with the lc way of life for the last year or so (OBVIOUSLY since I gained so much weight!!) I've decided to try WW (yet again) - now I'm having trouble believeing that I can lose weight with as many carbs as I'm eating! But, I did lose 1 lb this week....... so, I'll see how it goes.

I just wanted to say to all of you: thanks so much for the support you've given me...... and if it's ok, I'd like to stop by sometimes to say hello........
(but I WILL lurk just to see how all of you are doing!)

L144S 11-16-2004 06:23 AM

Morning!
I am feeling better today, I have to I have a million thinggs to do today.

Sono, you had better keep posting! Who cares what plan you are doing (in a nice way) we need you here to support us too.

Ruth, is the family complete again and all those feet leaving mud across the new kitchen floor? It brings a smile to my face...

Kel where are you?

Dottie find time for a walk at lunch today, the weather should be fine.

Kandice, I want to see a picture of you in that dress.

Time to get the kids up and get dressed...see you all later
-L

Ms Spotdog 11-16-2004 10:51 AM

I'm here - just in short bursts - but I'm here.

Glad you are feeling better, L.

Dottie - Dontcha just HATE audits???? (lol)

Ruthie - Glad that is all behind ya and now you can start cookin' up the NEXT sceme to monopolize you time! ha

Sono! Hi, sweetie! Please, please post with us! Support is support and we all need each other!

Kandice - you are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Gotta run and pop my contacts in to take the kiddoes to school - chat at ya later.

Kel

RobinW 11-16-2004 11:59 AM

Good Morning!

Hi Ladies :wave:

I know its been a long time since I last posted here....life has been extremely busy. But I have popped in often to see what you all are up to, just didnt have time to sit down and write.

Where to start.....we closed the store, did major redecorating, got married, went to 2 weddings, both out of town and now that things have finally settled down a bit...Im trying very hard to get used to staying home. We are trying to build the sign business so that it will keep me busy. I have a design to work on this week, so that helps. What else? I gained back every lb I lost on Atkins!! Dontcha just hate when that happens?!?!?!

I tried weight watchers for about 2 1/2 months. But there were too many carbs for me. Now its been about another month since that time, and Im ready to get back on to the lowcarb way of life. No, I wont be doing Atkins, but it will be lower carb.

Ive got my exercise ball, and a couple pilates tapes and some new walking shoes. So Im all set!

I'll be around alot more........I always managed to keep my weight down when I came here. You ladies are great inspiration!

Robin :)

KandiceS 11-16-2004 05:00 PM

haven't checked in for a couple of days- things going good- actually lost 2.5 more lbs this past week. I'm going to keep on phase 2 until I hit a plateau or get to goal.. it's looking closer and closer now- I started out I wanted to lose 50 lbs and now I'm at 32 more lbs to lose. that's real close to 30. 30 doesn't seem as an "ominous" number as 50... as "ugh, I have 50 lbs to lose" now "it's only 30- no problem! I already lost (20)"

I'll post pictures sometime next week problem- we're doing our Christmas picture this weekend (we'll probably use up 1/2 the roll at least to make sure we get a good one) and we'll get them developed. (the dress is the very first couple pics on the roll.)

things going good at home too- a couple of stressful days but then good news. Chris was hired yesterday- he'd been temping but they hired him permently, so that means he's eligible for benefits and insurance now. real happy about that- his insurance was cancelled a couple weeks ago (because of me- they found out that they were living with me and my income put them over the top) so we had even talked of getting married legally so I could add them to my insurance- but since he's got his own, we can wait until March for the real deal.

then I had posted earlier about my gyno problems: having abnormals since May 2003. I went last tuesday and the doc said he'll let me know in a couple of days. never heard so I called them today. came back normal! whoo hoo! 2 more normals and i'll be "cured" and I can go back to having annuals like everyone else!

last diet class tonight- we're having a party so I need to rush home and cook something to bring.

hope everyone's week is going good!

dottiejon 11-17-2004 05:24 AM

quick hi from me...while I suck up my coffee! I am leaving early for work, today is the last audit day. I am so sick of reviewing charts I could scream. I think it'll go Ok-

SONO- you must stay here and post. WW is fine. It's probably lower carb than how I"M eating right now! Seriously, post and stay part of the group...my friend just had great results doing ww, watchin carbs, but still counting points. She tried Core, but liked the freedom of the points better.

ROBIN! hi, nice to see you back. and congrats on your wedding, hope things are good with your daughter. Glad to have another oldie back!

Hi Kel, L, Ruth, Krista(you are doing great). I am so ready to do better myself this coming week- after the past week of snacking and just junk, I feel the need for meat and veggies! Although I am keeping up the fruit habit- a granny smith apple yesterday, some grapes or a grapefruit or even )horrorrs) a banana. It feels healthy. but my real push is to get veggies in. And have time to cook!

off to the trenches. have a good one!
dottie

Ruthxxx 11-17-2004 07:33 AM

Quick check in. Nice to see Sono and Robin.
As some of you know, I am on South Beach which is a fairly low carb plan. If I'd just stick to it, I might drop some weight. The past year has been pretty stressful adjusting to Harry's situation so I'm using that as my excuse.
I have a mammogram at 9 and need to shower and dress so won't linger. Remind me NOT to put on deodorant, OK?

Ms Spotdog 11-17-2004 10:36 AM

Hi Robin! So nice to see ya! Sad that you had to close the store but congrats on the marriage.

Dottie - Try to fit in some 'me time' this week. It sounds like things are getting haywire again and you need some focus. Great news about the renewed food plan - I really need to get more veggies/salads in us. We do fairly good on the friut but the green departments is very scarce around here.

It HAS been a rough year, Ruth. Here's a hug. Good luck with the boob squish.

I'm headachy this a.m. for some reason. I've got a crack-a-back doc appt. later this morning and maybe if he adjusts my neck it will help my head.

Have a good day all -

Kel

RobinW 11-17-2004 11:09 AM

Good Morning

Thankyou for the warm welcome back. My daughter is doing great, and growing like crazy, thankyou for asking Dottie :) She's in grade 3 this year, and isnt so good with her math...Im afraid she's ALOT like me!! :lol:

Ive been out christmas shopping for her and the grandkids....is it just me, or is there really nothing new and exciting out there? Usually Im done the kids first, and end up spending wayyyyyyyy too much because Im always finding new things before christmas actually gets here. Ive actually got all the adults done already!!! Amazing! .....well except Dad....he doesnt want anything, and doesnt need anything...Im really stuck with him too! lol

Ruth, good luck with your appointment today......NO deodorant!!

Im planning a walk this afternoon if the rain stops, then Im going to sit down with my drawing for dummies book, and my sketch pad and practise :D

I hope everyone has a great day

Robin :wave:

L144S 11-17-2004 05:42 PM

Hey robbin, great to see you!
Sounds like life is moving as it should be....Congradulations and best wishes. I too am sorry about the store. but everything has a reason.

I am feeling better still but lack the energy to exercise. I will take on more day off and then I am going to be back. I made a goal of 75 miles this month and I will be a monkeys uncle before I let that goal go by the way side.

I think I have lost a few pounds. My cloths are fitting better but I did go out and buy a new outfit for a wedding reception I have on sunday afternoon. It is a funny time of day so I am not quite sure what the code of dress will be. macy's opened at 8 am this morning so I was waiting at the door. it was nice to have the store to myself and lots of people to help me put together an outfit. I ended up with a brocaed(sp) jacket and velvet pants. The bonus was the 40% off sale!

i have been working hard. I took on a school auction from start to finish and i have been very busy, but I like it. I spent a good part of the weekend doing flyers and graphics and getting pricing on forms and things like that. we also bout the same program I bought for my kids scool so it should make life easier when it gets down to crunch time. I also have had 2 calls asking me to run thier auctions and I had to tell them "not this year". I am hoping to make a real paying job out of this in the long run and will use this auction as a marker for setting prices.

I have to get the kids some dinner and get them moving on the homework too so have a good night and keep posting!
-L

Elvis1517 11-18-2004 09:43 AM

Sorry I haven't checked in lately...keeping very busy with work and my kid's pta group...Hope all are doing well.