Old 06-19-2004, 11:31 AM   #1  

Default What one lc product could you not live w/out?

Which one LC product would you want to keep if all the others were to disappear or go out of biz?
Old 06-19-2004, 04:57 PM   #2  
Slimwithin

Liquid Sucaryl, I think. It's banned in the US because it contains cyclamates, but I have no problem getting it here in Canada. IMHO it's the best sweetener with the most natural, sugar taste; even better than Splenda, although I'll use a mixture of the two in baked products.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:07 AM   #3  
Tanned Sexy Chick

Default Only Carb Option product I use....

and probably the only manufactured low-carb item I recommend is Carb Options Whipped Dressing....

For those of us that dislike Mayo preferring the sweet, zingy taste of Miracle Whip this is a GREAT addition to the low-carb pantry!! Actually, even if I could eat carbs, I would continue using this product.

Only other item I couldnt' live without is heavy whipping cream!! I found that when I add a splash to my coffee, tea and/or Diet Rite, it tastes better and I lose weight faster...assuming that is from the increased fat intake <shrug> either way love it
Old 06-23-2004, 10:16 AM   #4  

I didn't post on this thread cause I don't buy too many "special" products, just love my meat and cheese I guess.

But I have been pretty happy with the regular Kraft BBQ sauce in the Low Carb version. And it's the same price as the other Kraft BBQ sauces.

I have been liking the Atkins blueberry muffins, but it's easy to go overboard. Cheaper at netrition, and you can bake 1/2 the package at a time.

Crystal Lite Orange Sunrise. I mix it with plain brewed tea. Or selzer.

that's all I can think of.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:17 AM   #5  

Cheese. Mayonaise, Bag Salad, Pepperoni, Tuna, Eggs, Hotdogs, Atkins Breakfast Bars, and on and on and on. Sorry, I couldn't stop at only one... Linda
Old 06-29-2004, 08:36 AM   #6  
On my way!!

Hood's Carb Countdown Chocolate "milk". It is so awesome!
Old 06-30-2004, 01:06 PM   #7  

La Tortilla Factory tortillas
50 calories
3 net carbs
8 grams of fiber
2 grams of fat

Seriously the best thing ever!!
Old 07-06-2004, 02:41 PM   #8  

Thumbs up the one product i couldn't live without...

is flavors2go. I use them in water, tea, seltzer, whipped cream, cream cheese as a spread for celery or apple slices, protein shakes, low-carb muffin recipes, etc. I found out about them in lowcarb energy and lowcarb living magazines.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:49 PM   #9  

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterchick
is flavors2go. I use them in water, tea, seltzer, whipped cream, cream cheese as a spread for celery or apple slices, protein shakes, low-carb muffin recipes, etc. I found out about them in lowcarb energy and lowcarb living magazines.
What is flavors2go?
Old 07-06-2004, 07:56 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottie j

Crystal Lite Orange Sunrise. I mix it with plain brewed tea. Or selzer..
I just discovered the Orange Sunrise flavor! I've been hooked on pink lemonade crystal light. The orange has more of a juicy flavor. Of course maybe it's just the color playing tricks on my taste buds!

I've been freezing the pink lemonade, then crunching it up in my food processor for a cool treat at night.

Old 07-07-2004, 12:59 PM   #11  

me too Avery, I love the lemonade, and the regular iced tea is my favorite. I still like them all diluted more than the package says; I find them too "sweet" otherwise. But I was really happy when I tried the Orange Sunrise. Tastes like breakfast!

However, I don't care for some of the punches, raspberry ice, or others. Although I cut most everything with either plain brewed tea or water.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:18 PM   #12  

Default flavors2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by avery
What is flavors2go?
Little bottles of concentrated fruit flavor. One bottle makes more than 100 servings. You put a few drops in water (or tea, seltzer, protein shake, whipped cream, LC muffin recipe. etc) to add fruit flavor without cals, carbs or sodium. A bottle is $5.95. Castus LC stores carry them, but mostly I get them at flavors2go.com There are a BUNCH of flavors.

I recommend raspberry, pineapple, tangerine, melon and guava. The ones I tried and didn't like were cherry & grape. Those two were OK, but kind of candy flavored, more like Jolly Rancher than the real fruit.

None are sweetened, so you can use them unsweetened, or add splenda or stevia or whatever. The bottle is small enuf to fit in a pocket or purse. SO nice to be able to make an interesting (healthy) drink at the office, movies, etc.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:45 AM   #13  

Fruit20 water. Comes in different flavors, usually purchase it at Sam's club but can be found at Walgreens. Love to buy it in larger bottles because can drink it with my meals and get all my water in easily.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:47 AM   #14  

Oh, I forgot, Walgreen's has a copy of it now and has it in grape, orange, peach (which tastes just like when you bite into a ripe peach) and raspberry and strawberry. Fruit20 comes in lemon, orange, raspberry and strawberry.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:43 AM   #15  

with these flavors, you don't have to lug around heavy bottles. you get water wherever you are, and make a great drink.