Old 05-22-2004, 07:58 AM   #1  

Smile May 22-28, weekly chatter

Ok, it's saturday! The whole day stretching out ahead to enjoy! Coffee anyone?
Old 05-22-2004, 08:03 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Sure pass me the pot please

Hi Dottie, and everyone to come.

Its almost 8 am and the bambino is still sleeping

How's everyone this beautiful day?

Its funny, I mentioned to my sister that I wanted to take a trip to walmart today but then decided nah, well last night hubby says, I'd like to go to walmart tomorrow to get some stuff you know the longer you live together the more you can read each others minds so I guess we'll be doing that today.

I'm just going to fold laundry and take it easy, how about you all.

Oh gotta cut my nails, i cant type anymore
Old 05-22-2004, 08:12 AM   #3  

Default Saturday morning! Yea!

good morning- well it's not that nice out here, but it's always good not to have to go to work!

I am very happy to have lost another 1/2 lb for a grand total of....(drumroll?)... 3 lbs! Actually, that is pretty sad, considering I have been working on this for over 3 weeks. But this week was better, I kept more toward traditional Atkins, with a higher level of fat-from sf cheesecake- and less carb-type cheats. It is unbelievable how hard my body holds on to fat! I once read (on a ketogenic diet website for epileptic kids) that the optimum ratio of fat to protein is 2:1 or 3:1 grams...to induce ketosis. (Ketogenic diets have been tried in kids to reduce seizure activity. They keep the kids in diet-induced ketosis.) I raised my fat with some mayo-based salads(shrimp and tuna) and had cheesecake instead of the jello at night. I wasn't hungry, so I think I also ate a bit less. Who knows!

Anyhow, today will be pretty active, lawn-mowing, and I want to finish grouting a section of bathroom floor that needed repair. I want DH to put the AC's in, and maybe take down a built in bookcase in the guest room that doesn't look good. We'll see what I get to!

Hi to all- if you are new, just join right in, tell us about your eating, your kids, your interests! glad to have new faces!

Kel, don't over do the cleaning. Just do the stuff you wanted to do anyhow- then you'll be happy you got to it for YOURSELF, not resent it for them!
Enjoy-

have a good one,
dottie

b-bacon and egg
l-chicken salad with celery and mayo
s-pistacios, cheese
d-? fish and broccoli? not sure yet!

Hi leenie, you snuk in! have a good time at walmart~

Last edited by dottiejon; 05-22-2004 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:49 AM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning,
I slept in this morning 8:30! it is the only day i get to sleep in so I do.
DH is out playing golf although it is a bit chilly, maybe I can luck out and it is a pants day and i don't have to shave?
Anyway a little more spring cleaning. We are going to go through the kids computer games and ditch what they don't use/outgrown. also I have to go through the weeks worth of papers that have acumulated and dithch. it is amazing how fast the clutter appears.

Thanks for the cofee dotti and leens i would love a few plastic storage containers if you have room in the car!

have a great weekend,
-L
Old 05-22-2004, 02:00 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi L have fun spring cleaning (gag) lolol, watcha think I'm doing today cleaning also......boring lol.

Dottie, gee 3 lbs in 3 weeks...... just think 1 lb a week x 52 = 52 lbs in 1 year - I'd take that in a heart beat lady. I think your doing pretty good and NOT pathetic at all.

hugs
Old 05-22-2004, 06:55 PM   #6  

I'm proud of you, Dottie! ANY loss is a good loss, right?

I'm not going to freak out about the cleaning too much - I will do what I can do and let the rest go. I'm only human.

Off to wallyworld since I burned up a belt on the vacuum

*waves* Happy Saturday all!!!
Old 05-23-2004, 09:04 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Happy Sunday !!

Rise and shine

Just popped in to say hello and to see your lovely smiles.

Love Yah !!
Old 05-23-2004, 09:21 AM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

LOL Leen!
I find spring cleaning to be VERY rewarding! Just like wally world is to you!
happy sunday to all of you too!
-L
Old 05-24-2004, 06:32 AM   #9  

Default Monday!

OK< I can do this...

It's been 3 days at the same weight. Sometimes I think, "good, it's staying off," and sometimes I think,"dam'n, when will I loose another lb!!"

Well, eating is going well, made lc chocolate cheesecake and have been snacking on that for desert for a couple of days. Last night steak and salad for dinner,leftover roast chicken for lunch. Today, back to work; it's always harder, food-wise. Tuna for lunch with celery and mayo. cheese and pistacios for a snack with more celery. Salmon for dinner, with broccoli.

OK< enough food journal. Did some outdoor work yesterday, but it was really hot, and I gave up and played computer games, and did some laundry, ran errands. We watched movies, House of Fog and Sand...very sad. DN came over and played cards, but I've found she doesn't like to do chores. I remember being willing to "help" for fun, especially when it wasn't at home. She says "no thank you" when I ask, do you want to help me_____" Too funny.

That's it. Quiet day at work planned.

have a good one,
dottie
Old 05-24-2004, 07:12 AM   #10  
workin' my way back down

Morning everyone......... where's the coffee?????? It's hard to believe it's Moanday already - I feel like I just got home from work on Friday. What the heck happened to the weekend? Saturday is a blur and yesterday we went to dd's for Rosie's 3rd birthday party - she wanted it to be all fairy princesses! It was very cute. The trip into NYC was awful with lots and lots of traffic, on a VERY humid day, in a car with NO airconditioner but WITH my in-laws!!! By the time we got home last night it was just time to get into jammies and watch the Sopranos! And now we're back to Monday! Now, who was it who was saying that their life was boring?

Dottie, congrats on the 3 lbs! - it sounds like you're doing well with your eating and you've got a plan for how to deal with food at work. I wish I could say the same. I've realized that part of what is so difficult for me is that I work at one place from 9 - 1, and then I have to pack up my equipment, drive to another place and be all set up and ready to work at from 3 - 7... at least that is the "normal" schedule (with many many changes ) I know it sounds like there's a 2 hour lunch break, but some of the places are far apart; for example, one day I might go from Oyster Bay out to Shirley, or mid-town to St. James! I'd love to pack salads, but it's kind of hard to eat that while driving, and the Atkins shakes don't really satisfy, especially when the NEXT meal won't be before 8pm! Well, I'm just going to have to figure SOMETHING out..........

Kel, sorry I didn't get a chance to post about the clean house stuff - but, since they are STBX-inlaws... there's an old saying about a clean house being a sign of a sick mind......(actually, there's really another saying, but I can't say it here!!! ) what is important is that Melis has a good experience; nothing else matters, except this: remember, we are all here anytime you need to vent or whatever!

to everyone ... have a good day.........
Old 05-24-2004, 10:33 AM   #11  

Awwwww! Sono, you are so sweet! *sniffle* (you must realize that I cry at the drop of a hat lately - very emotional times)

Yeah, I'm not going to go overboard with the cleaning and worry myself sick or anything. Some of them will make snarky, backhanded remarks anyway no matter WHAT I do. (already heard a couple of those yesterday when Brad's mom/stepdad came to see Bry practice for a bit. "Well, LOOK at you! You look good!" she tells me when it is quite apparent that I've gained some weight. Then when they are looking at my Tahoe he tells her "Don't even ask of one. WE can't afford it!") But you are completely right, and thank you for reminding me, this is all about Melissa and making it special for her is top priority. I'm not going to let ANYONE spoil that!

I was thinking about easy, totable lunch stuff and thought about the deli meat/cheese roll-ups that Jiff made famous. (well, she talked about them from time to time). Get various deli meats and various cheeses and spread the meat with mayo or mustard or even some LC salad dressing, plop on the cheese and roll it up. I think you could eat that while driving fairly easy, huh? Tuna or LC PB on celery boats is another thing that you may be able to handle while driving. I'll see what else I can think of. It is a challenge and easy to see why grabbing a burger or whatever is so tempting. but its all about BEING PREPARED and foiling that evil Carb Demon.

Dottie - are your clothes fitting differently? Linda is the one that always talks about the scale not moving but feeling more comfortable in her clothes so she knows she is losing. I know, I know - we aren't going to get to a size 10 without the scale moving downward BUT we have to take our motivation wherever we can get it! I think you are doing great, girl!

Ok - off to the salt mines (OMG, aren't we LUCKY we don't have to do work like that??? Sometimes I completely forget how fortunate we are to be living in these times. Dishwashers/washing machines/microwaves/Air conditioning...Life way back when was HARD)

Have a great monday all -

Kel
Old 05-24-2004, 03:15 PM   #12  
Slimwithin

HA HA! You poor Americans! It's a holiday Monday here in Canada, thanks to a long expired Queen Victoria and an long since defunct British Empire which celebrated her birthday. Dontcha love tradition? Mind you, every day is a holiday for me since I "work" from home at my own speed which is very, very slow.
I spent a good part of the weekend planting flats of plants in my borders. Still need to buy just a few more so it's nice and full which really helps to disguise the weeds. Then it's just a matter of deadheading, watering and trimming for the rest of the summer. (that's the general plan anyhow...it doesn't always work out the way I want)

I hate to even mention dieting today because I've given up on Atkins and I'm back to my own version of WW. It's working for my sister and my daughter so, considering we are all from the same gene pool, you'd think it would work for me. I'm not joining though. There's nothing they can teach me that I don't already know and I have all the info. I will just try to keep it lower carb. I have to admit that in recent years, WW is the only plan that I've actually lost a significant amount of weight on (close to 30 lb). SLOW...but significant. Since I quit, I've gained and lost the same 12 pounds at least 20 times.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:57 AM   #13  

quick hello before running out the door. I have to get in to the office early, then I am coming home for a stump grinder to take a big stump out of our driveway, so the new driveway guy can pave, possibly Thursday. This has been the biggest hassle! So I'll probably post twice today, since I'll be home at 2.

eating:
b-2 slices bacon, 2 eggs
l-tuna with celery and mayo
s-2 slices swiss cheese

d-not sure, maybe fish?

that's it for now. scale holding absolutely still for 4 days.

But,(can we say it all together, girls

AT LEAST IT'S NOT GOING UP!
(this is my mantra)

see ya later,
dottie

Last edited by dottiejon; 05-25-2004 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:20 PM   #14  

Hi Ladies:

Been busy with work and had some foot furgery yesterday. So much for curves for this week.

Went to my wonderful nutritionist last week. She's also a therapist. Got me on my food program/life plan last year-LC-Organic-no aspartamane, etc. Back on track and lost 2 lbs since last Friday. Feel more in control and empowered. Also didn't want to buy new clothes for the summer.

She's also got me off all sugar. That is a big one for me. Trying to keep the focus on how great I feel off of it.

DS is graduating from law school on Sunday. So thrilled for him-he's 28 and has had a long journey to this point. I want to stay healthy enough to see HIS (and my daughter's, too)kids graduate from college and get married.

Too much breast cancer in our region-it's like you're a walking time bomb. Healthy living is not an option, it's a necessity.

Hope you all are doing well and planting, having fun and not working too hard.

Basha
Old 05-25-2004, 01:40 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick check-in. I've been taking a little break from MOD duties and from posting. Life has become a bit much these days so I'm cutting back on internet time. I'll pop in every now and then 'cuz I like you chickies!