3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   LCFS week of 5-16-04 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/40703-lcfs-week-5-16-04-a.html)

nikkic 05-16-2004 12:22 PM

LCFS week of 5-16-04

Hi,
It is finally nice here. I've already weeded the gardens and I'm taking a break before I go pull the weeds out around the bushes. Hope everyone is doing well.
Aleka, I just read the HSN boards and it's like a soap opera over there. I swear, those people must just post on that board all day and then talk about each other on other boards when they aren't on that board. Makes for some lively reading though.

Yesterday, DD and I went shopping and I bought some aquarium things. I'm planning on starting a large tank for cichlids. I told DH that is what I want for my birthday and since he has no idea how much that will cost, he said fine. He's just glad he doesn't have to shop.

We went out and looked at the campgrounds last night, we will be going camping next week. He is sure ready to go, work has been especially bad lately for him. I am ready to do some campfire cooking and just walking in the woods.

Better get back to my weeds, have a great Sunday, Nikki

aleka 05-16-2004 01:30 PM

Hi,

I had lunch with one of my cousins at Applebees earlier today. They now have Weight Watcher meals with the point values. My cousin & I both had the chicken wrap off the WW menu and it was really good. :eating2:

Yesterday it got almost 90 deg. here, then we had some storms come through overnight and it's 20 deg. cooler today. It's a lot like fall with the black wind clouds.

lynn, glad that you were able to get back to sleep and sleep late the other day. It's been so long since I've slept until 10:30. If I sleep past 8:00 I feel as if I've overslept. :lol:

nikki, I'll have to go over to the HSN boards. They really get into heated political discussions over there, and sometimes get darn right nasty.

ANNE, how is your Dad doing? Did the water pills and OJ help?

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
Aleka

ANNE D 05-19-2004 09:54 AM

Hi All:

We are enjoying some excellent weather these last few days. My dad is
somewhat better but very disheartened with how long it is taking him to
come around this time.

We just learned :devil: will be back on Tuesday after the long Victoria
Weekend. Hard to believe I haven't seen her in two months. We are
hoping we will be experiencing a new and kinder hearted :devil: .

Things have been slow at work. It gives us a chance to get our office all
polished up for the arrival of :devil: .

Hows everyone doing?

Anne.

nikkic 05-19-2004 10:06 AM

Hi,
I've been busy, trying to get ready to go camping. I planted 150 petunias in the front rock garden, where the spring flowers are now done blooming. I wasnt' going to plant more, but it was so bare there. It sounds like a lot of petunias, but it's such a large area that when I was done, it didn't look like much at all. At least there is some color there now.
We are having wave after wave of storms here. I don't think camping will be that dry. I went and bought a screened in tent to put over the picnic table so we would have another fairly dry place to sit outside. Also, it will be shady when it's sunny. We have an awning on the camper, but it's so old, it's only good for shade, it leaks badly and I've fixed it with duct tape a million times. I bet it's just one big piece of duct tape now :lol: .
Anne, hope :devil: treats you and the other people better now. At least with the office gleaming, she should be happy. She could have had a change in heart, hope so.
Hi Aleka and Lynn, hope things are going well with you guys, Nikki

aleka 05-19-2004 10:59 AM

Hi,
Getting ready for our trip on Friday. I've done laundry and cleaned the house. Tomorrow is packing day. We have been in touch with some realtors and we have appts. next week to go look at houses. It's exciting and scary at the same time.

DH has to take my car to the dealership service dept. to see what is wrong with the air conditioner. I have it on LO, and there is barely any cold air coming out.

We have had some fantastic weather. Yesterday was a bit damp and cool with some showers and thunder storms. We were lucky that the thunder storms bypassed us. We did hear a few claps of thunder which got Lacee all upset. Today it's just like fall outside.

ANNE, I do hope that all that :devil: has been through, she will be a lot kinder to all of you. Best of luck to all of you.

nikki, I've seen on the Weather Channel that you are having some terrible storms. They mentioned something about a tornado. Hope you aren't getting anything like that.

Hey lynn, hope everything is going well for you.

Enjoy your day.
Aleka

nikkic 05-19-2004 11:06 AM

Aleka,
Are you going to Florida on Friday? You will have to have ac if you are :)
We've had bad weather lately. Two nights ago, severe lightening was striking all around us. I went to the basement, which I never usually do with lightening, because it was striking so close and seemed almost constant for a long time. Our power was out through the night. We were lucky and had no damage. We had some hail, but nothing too big. Not far away, they had baseball sized hail. We are expecting even worse weather today. It's just part of the charm of living here :lol:
Take care, Nikki

aleka 05-19-2004 11:16 AM

Nikki,
Stay safe. You'll be in my thoughts today. That was a smart idea going down into the basement with all the lightning. We won't be taking my car to FL, as it also needs new tires. :headache: :censored: He would rather get the tires when we get back.

Aleka

alynn 05-19-2004 01:44 PM

Good Afternoon All: It is a beautiful warm sunny day here. God Nikki, how scarey is your weather!!!!! I will take the cold and snow and cool springs not to go though anything like that. Thanks for the article Pookie, very interesting. I am going to start Dr. Phil on Tuesday. This is a long weekend and we have company coming so no point starting before they leave. We left here on Sunday and went down for step-father's birthday. Spent Monday with him. DH wouldn't stay with him so stayed at DD's house and I wish I had also. Remember the little dog that has never been left alone? Well he want's to go away for 3 weeks and leave her here. Well there is one problem Mya and her don't get along. Finally DH said he had better make other plans because we are too busy in June to dog sit. He is insisting it has to be June when he goes away. He is so used to getting his own way that the next lettle while will be interesting. He will push and push until DH will lose his temper. I hate being stuck in the middle. Tuesday I had my last Dr.s appointment for 3 weeks all went well, she is pleased that the new med's are working. I plan to not go to the city for 3 weeks. Anne hope your Dad pulls out of his mini depression. Aleka have a safe trip, hope you find what you are looking for in a house. Stay safe Nikki well be back later, a very nice day is calling me outside

aleka 05-20-2004 02:00 PM

Hi,

Just popping in to say good-bye, as we're leaving at 4:00 am tomorrow morning. :yawn: :tired: I will not be good company until I have had my first cup of coffee :coffee: I just may crawl in the back seat of the truck with Lacee and go back to sleep! ;)

lynn, glad that your b/p meds are working well for you and that your Dr. was happy. It's too bad you and your DH couldn't compromise with your step-father about his little dog. Is he in a position where he can bring the dog with him, or leave it with someone else? It's awfully stressful being in the middle. I frequent that position quite often.

nikki, how is your weather today? Hope you didn't get any severe weather yesterday.

ANNE, hope that your Dad is doing better.

ANNE, lynn, Happy Victoria Day on Monday. Hope you both have a fun filled holiday.

I'll be checking in periodically. We will be going to the library occasionally to check e mail, so I'll check in then.

Bye for now,
Aleka

alynn 05-20-2004 06:54 PM

A very safe trip Aleka!!!!!!

ANNE D 05-21-2004 10:18 AM

Happy Friday Gang!!
Aleka, I hope you have a wonderful time :)

Nikki, those thunderstorms sounded awful. I get really scared whenever
the red page goes up on our weather network :eek:

Hi Lynn any big plans for our long weekend? I've been looking forward to
this for along time.

Dad is sorta ok. My sister and mother are worried sick. He seems to be
depressed? or not himself. None of us really know what to think. He dosen't
talk much and becomes angry if you keep asking him whats wrong. :shrug:
Talk to you later.

Anne.

nikkic 05-21-2004 10:52 AM

Hi,
The severe weather missed us. Hopefully, it will keep on missing us. It's hot and humid here. Down by the river, where we are camping, there is a nice breeze and that helps. We put a new ac in the camper last year and it works great, but who wants to sit in a little camper all the time.

Aleka, I bet your on the road and hopefully getting close to being there. Have a safe, fun trip and good luck finding your dream house :)

Lynn, I've wondered about how your b/p was and how your doing, glad things are improving for you. I dont' like to be stuck in the middle of family situations either. If Mya doesn't like the other dog, then that should be enough. Goodness, there are great places that board dogs and they can handle a whiney little dog too. Sounds spoiled rotten. I know, most pets are anyway. My cats just went nuts when we got home and we were only gone over night. Creatures of habit for sure.

Anne, I know your all worried sick. God bless him, your family and you.

Have a good weekend you guys, I'll check in another day, Nikki

alynn 05-21-2004 01:48 PM

Hi All: It is supposed to rain every day for the next 6. God for once I hope they are wrong. Anne we are hoping the weather forcast improves than DD and boy friend will be coming. WE (DD and I) will walk and veg.and DH and Boy-friend will golf. It doesn't look promising. Your poor dad. If the depression keeps up his dr. should know. There are some very good anti-depressant drugs available. What did you think of the budget? I rushed out and made a appointment to get my eyes checked while it is still covered, LOL. Nikki we put a A/C in last year and when it is hot I never put my nose out of the trailer. Fortunately we are on a lake lot and we only use it about 10 days a season. Well bye for now, you all have great weekends and I will be back on Monday

ANNE D 05-25-2004 07:44 AM

Hi guys!
I'll start the new thread.
Anne.