3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   LC Chat - Week of April 24 - April 30 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/39837-lc-chat-week-april-24-april-30-a.html)

Ruthxxx 04-24-2004 08:04 AM

LC Chat - Week of April 24 - April 30

It's absolutely gorgeous out there! I sat on the deck with The Girls for my first coffee and watched the sunrise. I had a blankie around me - not just my robe!

I confronted the metal monster this morning to see where I'm at after a few weeks of not sticking to program - 202 this morning which is not as bad as it could have been or was during my sabbatical! (There was a 208 reading after Chinese food which I chose to ignore!)

Yesterday was a blur of activity around here! Sarah came at 9 and brought her kid with her! That did not work out so home she went to stay with Granny who was "unwell" - hung over, I think! Sarah did come back and cut down hydrangeas for the rest of the morning. She will be fine and is coming back on Monday for the whole day. Tricia is 4 and will be at school that day.

Kevin installed the doors in the back room. They need to be stained to match the older wood but that can wait. He fixed the barn roof BUT discovered that the darn barn has shifted since last week! The big winds we had on Monday has skewed it slightly so the doors that were perfect last week are not able to close properly! Oy! He will wait until the frost is out of the ground completely and then pull it back and brace it inside. He is going to "pull back" a two storey barn? For that I'll take pictures. Geez! It's been there since Dad built it in 1929! Maybe the metal door we removed was keeping it plumb!

I worked in a bit of gardening in the afternoon - cleared off the asparagus and rhubarb. I need to burn the asparagus patch earth before the shoots come up as we had an infestation of asparagus beetles last year and they overwinter in debris. Maybe we should start a garden thread?

Today I participate in dog and owner evaluation of candidates for the TheraPaws programme www.tpoc.ca . It should be interesting as two pit bulls have registered! We cannot do breed discrimination but these guys make me nervous. After all, they were bred for a certain purpose and it was not to be cuddled by little old ladies! Last evaluation there was a Rottie who was a kittycat at home according to the owner but snapped at the evaluator when she went to pet him. Immediate failure and no registration refund! So far there are no Rotties or Doberdogs in the programme.

Dinner will be a green salad and the first BBQ of the season - flank steak that has been marinating for a week in the freezer. Very much on programme!

Have a lovely weekend, Chickies.

SonoGranny 04-24-2004 08:30 AM

Morning all......... gee, is this still LAST weekend/week thread, or should I start a new one? :dizzy: I'm too confused, I need my :coffee: so I guess I'll just post here, and if it should be moved, our mighty fearless leader will know what to do - right Ruth?

Oh Peach, that visual will keep me laughing for the rest of the day! Thanks for it... hmmmm, maybe it will even inspire me to get my fat @$$ over to Curves this morning to check it out (orrrr - maybe not :^: ) I also love your organizational list: that seems to be the same one that I've been following for years!

LindaBC - about that ophthamologist: isn't there another one in town so that you can get a second opinion? (Even one with, perhaps, a shred of civility to her/him? - I HATE rude docs!) I asked the family resident "expert" in the matter of all things eyes (dh is an optician) and his best suggestion is "SEE ANOTHER DOC"!!! There is absolutely no reason at all for you to "need" surgery that you do not understand; performed by a person who is rude and uncommunicative!

RUTH RUTH RUTH, you gave us the absolutely best news of all! :cb: :dance: :jig: ... hmmmmmm, how much more happy for you can I be?

Kel, I sure hope that Melis is calming down and beginning to feel a bit better; now that things should be calming down for you at work what with tax season being done, is it possible for you to take a little time for you to relax, to learn (heh heh heh) how to use that video camera (hmm.. maybe we can teach each other? OY! what a mess THAT could be!! (but lots of fun, I bet!! :lol: )

Dottie - it really is great to see you back here regularly again - maybe following your lead back to better lc eating will help me! I'm falling down off the wagon all over the place! Makes me feel like that old commercial for Medical Alert - you know the one: old lady on floor saying "Help I've fallen and can't get up!" - well, that seems to be more and more me lately!

L - how was golf? do you play? or do you play AT golf? (kind of like my dad used to say he played AT tennis, rather than playing tennis!- even tho he was really quite good at it).

Everyone... thanks for the concern about my trip to Israel. Our position is this :WE ARE GOING! NO TERRORIST IS GOING TO STOP US!!!!! After all, if they can hit NYC, they'll hit anywhere - and the fact of the matter is, that each time we've been to Isreal, we used common sense (for the most part) - like not wandering alone into the Arab Souk; also, the soldiers are EVERYWHERE, which at first can make you nervous. But after a little while, it becomes like seeing a NYC cop on every corner - only feels SAFER!! ;) How can we let madmen dictate to us where we will go and how we will live our lives? To some degree, I am a fatalist: if it is my time, it is my time and nothing will change that................ but thank you all, again.......(just one more reason why I love hanging out here with you all! you are a group of :angel:s
If I missed anyone, :sorry: ;have a great day everyone, will check back later

dottiejon 04-24-2004 01:40 PM

daily chatter, week of April 24-30ish, what ever...

OK, I'll start. No coffee, how about some iced green tea?

I see that Sono posted - so good morning, Sono- nice to see you....agree with the gals- be cautious, but enjoy!

dottiejon 04-24-2004 01:49 PM

Good afternoon all,

I'm in kind of a bad mood, my scale hasn't moved this week. I wasn't perfect, but felt that I ate so much better than I have been that it should have had an effect. I feel better, but I guess it's too soon. I'm also achey, I hurt my shoulder gardening last week and it's still sore. I carried groceries in from the car and it hurt again.

See Peach, nothing good can come of this thing, exercise.

Well, I'm just no good for anything today. I think I will go lay down for a while. Got home late from a Friday evening baby shower, it was nice, but I'm tired now. And the contractor told me he will not get to our bathroom redo til after June 1st. I was hoping for sooner, Im a little disappointed. But I"ll live. I can't get anything done here. The driveway resurface guy also put us off a couple of weeks. It frustrating to want to get this stuff done and not be able to do it. but contractors are very busy here, and they call the shots! Maybe I'll go shopping later...what's a girl to do?

had some good shrimp salad on greens with grape tomatoes, yum. and a roast with cauliflower for dinner tonight. Made some jello with cottage cheese whipped into it for desert. :) be prepared :)

see you later?

dottie

where is pooky, Nausus, Janice?

LindaBC 04-24-2004 03:11 PM

I've been working in the garden. I have a newspaper person coming to interview me about my women's group on Monday afternoon and she wants to take a picture in my garden. EEEK! If that's not incentive to get busy weeding and tidying up, I don't know what is. :lol:
I'm not on any plan at the moment. Not even really thinking about it. Haven't been on the scale either cuz I'm afraid to face the music. I enjoyed a whole bag of light popcorn (first time in a year) the other night with added butter (you see, that's why they call it "lite"...so you can add butter at your own discretion. :lol: Last night I had a chunk of chocolate snacking cake with chocolate icing. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I realize I can't continue this way indefinitely but right now I'm in denial and totally pi**ed off with diets of any kind. Still love you guys though. Enjoy your weekend.

Dottie, have you tried an anti-inflammatory for your arm? How about ice? Don't suffer.

dottiejon 04-26-2004 06:09 AM

quick good morning, happy the site is back up.

it's dark and pouring rain, a horrible morning to have to drive to work. But I have my food planned and I'm ready to go.

That's it for me...Linda, i am starting the ibuprofen as we speak... i have to get this shoulder better, it's still bothering me a week after originally hurting it. Thanks for the suggesttion.

see you all later, dottie

Ruthxxx 04-26-2004 07:56 AM

Whew! You chicks sure tested my techie MOD abilities today. I did a split and two merges with my fingers and boobs crossed and it worked!

The switch to the new server has NOT solved the speed problems on this site. It still takes me a whole minute to open a post and submit it so I'm not posting much.

The doggie evaluation went well but was a very long and tiring day. 27 tried the test but only eight made it! Pit Bull #1 wiped out before even getting inside - he lunged at another dog. PB#2 didn't show - probably off on a drug deal! I managed to put in 5007 steps during this event - most of it bending, stooping and walking dogs around the hall - no need for extra exercise on Saturday! Sono, there was a Labradoodle there! Great dog!

No gardening or construction work today as it's raining buckets. Right now I have to pry Harry out of bed and get the day underway. I'll pop back later to read everything I missed.

dottiejon 04-27-2004 06:39 AM

you did good, Ruth! I was a bit lost on the dates, huh?

Well, I know that today is Tuesday. I ate off plan(but just ONE donut) over the weekend, but better yesterday. I have food for today planned; salad, with roast beef, hb eggs, and avocado. Celery sticks and cashews and cottage cheese for snacks for the week. Well, we'll see how it goes.

It's overcast and dreary, but they say the sun should come out later, I'll be inside but I have a huge window and it makes a difference- it's almost too hot when the sun is out 'cause it's a southern exposure. Being inside all day is a drag, I amy try to get out at lunchtime and check out a plumbing store- picking out faucets and stuff.

That is all there is. I have a fairly light day, work-wise, and may get some reading done. I listen to books on tape in the car to and from work, just finished The Red Tent. Boy, i didn't want it to end! It was great.

If you're out there- POST!

dottie

Ruthxxx 04-27-2004 09:52 AM

Congratulate me! I got our taxes done! Harry owes $130 and I get a $180 refund so we are ahead a whole $50 this year, Now I need to fill out the forms and mail them. I wrote a little program to do the taxes and must change it so it puts the figures on the e-form!

Yesterday afternoon was lovely here so I planted my side flower box with pansies. I love their cheery faces. In a few weeks I'll move them to the front porch and put out the geraniums and lantana for the summer.

This morning is usually greenhouse day but Kevin is here to do the patio in the dog garden. The gates will be open off and on so chances are good for Lucy Houdini to do one of her sprints. I decided to stay home this morning to foil her as Harry certainly coudn't chase her over the meadow and through the woods! Back garden clean-up will continue. Sarah comes for the whole day tomorrow and I need to make messes for her to rake up!

The site is really slow for me still and giving me grief - like the disappearing post thing! The good news is that it's cutting back on my time online!

Dottie, I think it will take a few days for everyone to get back on. Their ISPs have to redefine their DNSs, whatever that means! All should be well by the end of the week as Suzanne continues to bust her fluffy butt trouble-shooting!

Happy Tuesday!

L144S 04-27-2004 10:50 AM

Ahh good morning! It has been a few days since I could get in and not until now. Granted DH took the kids to school this morning, I think for the second time all year, and I slep in untill 9:30!

The school auction was a huge success, the final numbers are not in but I think it was a record breaker. It always amazes me.

We had an unvailing on Sunday for the kids great grandmother (ends the time of mourning and uncovers the headstone) and although it was sad it went well.

My team came in 4th last week out of 10 teams, Not a bad showing and I was happy to contribute to the game.

The sun is peaking through, It is going to be in the 60's today.I have library today, Older boy has an orthodontist appointment this afternoon and I am meeting a friend for dinner. Good to see you all, but so sorry ruth is oon the slow end of being able to pop in.
be well,
-L

LindaBC 04-27-2004 02:20 PM

Back on low carb today. Got on scale this morning and I'm up 12 lb. I think I may have lost at least 5 of it since weighing tho, as I've had the runs. :p Could have a touch of flu.
Feeling blue also because older daughter and SIL have decided to split up after 18 years. I always thought they were solid as a rock even though I've sensed her unhappiness for a couple of years now. I thought it was teen problems getting her down but no, it's the marriage falling apart. This news, on top of my weight problem and this tummy bug have me feeling very low today. Sorry to bring my miseries to you. I know everyone has problems.

Ms Spotdog 04-27-2004 10:48 PM

Oh, Linda, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter and her husband. Marriage is not an easy thing. I'm so sorry that they couldn't work things out. Is there still a chance? Maybe if they are on their own a bit and distance themselves from the problems they will try it again.

My tummy was kinda icky yesterday - it never really turned into anything but it just wasn't right. I hope yours is on the mend and you feel better soon.

And don't you apologize for sharing what is going on in your life. Whether up or down we should all feel free share here.

L - Good news on the sucessful auction. Sure glad all your hard work was worth it.

Hi, Dottie - Hi, Ruthie. Hope your weather is holding up. We have gone into a record breaking hot spell again here. This is the 2nd time this year. I'm really getting freaked out about summer this year if this is any indication of what we have in store for us.

Gotta run and do some laundry (the never ending job - If I could have maybe just 3 days where these kids didn't wear ANYTHING, then I could catch up once and for all! - *sigh* I guess it is like dusting, once you finish it you need to start all over again. When we were in SF I learned that is the way it is with the painting of the Golden Gate Bridge: once they paint from one end to the other they need to start all over again!)

Chat at ya tomorry -

Kel

dottiejon 04-28-2004 06:45 AM

It's Wednesday morning and I'm planning the day: coffee, some more coffee... well,that's as far as I got.

I will get in the shower in a few minutes and start the rush to get breakfast and lunch packed and get out the door. I've been doing OK, keeping mostly LC and I'm sure the scale will show a loss this week. The strange and wonderful effect of REUDCED HUNGER has kicked in, and for the last 2 nights I ate a light supper, early, and didn't eat again in through the evening. That is rare, but I think will really help me. I had some SF jello...and was able to go to bed without eating again. I feel lighter in the morning. I am going to weigh myself on Friday.

Today is a busy one and should go fast. A morning meeting that will take the whole morning, then odds and ends in the afternoon. I am still working on faucets and tile choices, and have gone online to obsess even more. But it beats working!

Sun is out, and should stay for a couple of days. The ground is wet from so much rain, if it dries out a bit I will put in some annuals this weekend. The yard in this house is all mature shrubs and thick ground covers and no flowers. I want to see some color out my kitchen window. I grew some stuff from seed, but the seedlings drowned Monday in the torrential rains! I had them out too far off the covered patio and they were just floating! Well, I'm sure what I can get at the nursury will be better anyhow.

Enough. Have a great day all.
dottie

SonoGranny 04-28-2004 08:33 AM

Morning chickies...... happy hump day....... just a quick stop-by on my way to a slightly late start today.... just can't get my act together today, even tho I need to leave in 15 minutes! I need more :coffee: The sun is shining, even if it is a little bit cool, hopefully it will warm up a bit later....... Today is dh's birthday, and I get to go to dinner w/my girlfriend!! (doesn't that work for anyone else???) He has a class in NYC tonight, so he'll go see the grandbabies and have dinner with them first - yesterday was Rosie's birthday, so he gets to give her a birthday kiss, too - I think I'm jealous!

Linda and Dottie, I hope you have your gardening aches and pains all cleared up by now... I'm STILL waiting for you to come by and help with ours!! Dottie, we've re-done 2 bathrooms over the years...... while the finished product was definitely worth it, and one needs to be re-done now, the headaches of actually planning and doing are not something I want to re-experience anytime soon!! I definitely do NOT envy you!

Ruth, WTG on the tax thing! when are Canadian taxes due? Ours were on April 15, so if you were here you'd be late!! :dizzy:

Well, better get moving..... have a lovely day chickies.........

Ruthxxx 04-29-2004 07:12 AM

Canadian taxes are due April 30, Sono.

Really can't stay as I'm due at the Greenhouse shortly. Just a quickie to wish you all a super Spring day! :encore: I'll try to get back late this afternoon.