Old 03-23-2004, 11:07 AM   #31  

I always heard that you drank a glass of water before eating than eat reasonable size portions than don't have anything else for 20 minutes and by than your stomach will tell you it is full. Too bad I havn't been doing this all along. It is supposed to really work for fast eaters (me). I once gotto goal on WW following this theory and forgotten about it. I am going to try it again can't hurt. Blake was born November 15. Back later
Old 03-23-2004, 11:10 AM   #32  

Aleka: The thought of being able to do on a holiday what I wanted sounds so wonderful. I also know what you mean about if MIL has any plans.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:34 PM   #33  
Sugardrop

Hi ladies,

When I miss a day, it is shocking how much reading I have to do to catch up! We are a "wordy" group. I have some questions from the posts you've made. What does DB stand for? Where is the place you post that Jay...dee posts and the woman shows great signs of improvement?

Lynn, I hope your DH responds more quickly to the loss of Coco than mind did in our sorrow. He still is like a clam and it makes you walk on eggs sometimes around people who don't know.

That poem made me weep! It is so great. I wanted to send it to all my kids to read when I get to that point! Instead, I printed it out and put it in a file of my favorite things.

Let me join the group who coat her boobs with food! I am one of the very best at making a spot right in that prominent place. My only salvation is that DH shares the same flaw so he can't be lording it over me. We are sometimes a tacky sight exiting from a restaurant.

Our weather has taken a nasty turn. Cold and windy...and then, finally, today was supposed to be 70 but the sun never has come out and rain came from somewhere. We have been freezing in here so I turned up the furnace to the old wintertime status.

How did you get those pictures on, Lynn, and to say thumbnail? Your grandson is absolutely adorable. Congratulations. I know the problems with your mother are so sad. I took care of a maiden aunt for a couple years when she was going through the stages of Alzheimer's. Her husband had died of it about 10 years previous so I can really relate to your difficulties. I have a horror of getting that way myself. My son's new mother-in-law-to-be, who we will meet in our yard at the wedding in May, suffers from dementia...the very same symptoms that I recognize from my aunt and uncle...but that family refuses to have her tested for a diagnosis. As if that makes the problem easier to deal with! I think it is just sticking one's head in the sand, but everyone is different in how they deal with things. DH, DS, and I are all concerned about her stability for the event. They are supposed to come here the day before for rehearsal and dinner, stay at our motel, and be ready for an 11 o'clock wedding the next morning. This will probably require superhuman effort on the part of the bride's sister who will be staying at the motel. We have attempted to have this couple down for a brunch three times...they live 80 miles away. Each time it has been cancelled at the last minute, after I have prepared all the food, etc., because she is "not having a good day." I understand perfectly, but wonder how the wedding and events surrounding it will go.

Nikkic, you are going great guns on the exercising. Good girl! I haven't done anything but yard work for over a week but as sore as I am, I think surely it has used some muscles that needed activity.

Ann, is there any possibility that your will be relocated? It must be so terrible to put up with that every day displeasure.

How is the SS book coming, Aleka? Found anything about the eating program changes that I was anticipating to be in it?

Think I'll go check the rain gauge. I am ready for spring to return!!

Sugardrop
Old 03-23-2004, 04:37 PM   #34  

Sugar I'm not very good at explaining things but it is easy. On the reply page not the quick reply scroll down to the additional options to the attach files. Click on the manage attachments and follow instructions. Similar to the avater. Everything you see click to enlarge etc. will show up good luck!!!!!! DB to me means dear brother, I am not very good with short forms. That poor lady, it would be easier on them all if the family would accept the condition and get her help. Help is out there and she would be happier and it would make families life easier also. Do you ever resent DH's attitude? I know it is his way of coping and I am probably being selfish, but I need to talk about her. The only one that gets it is my friend who lost her daughter. She carries on about her dog, our past dogs and we can have some laughs. Also DD and I can have a "remember when" session and laugh. It just dawned on me DS has never mentioned the dog's name and the time I did to him he changed the subject. Like father -like son??? Anyway I hope you have somebody to share memories with. It is so necessary. We still have snow I heard DH tell DD that he wishes it would just warm up so he could putter about outside. Apparently he will get his wish this weekend. Well talk to you all later
Old 03-23-2004, 04:46 PM   #35  

Just read my post so sorry!!!!!!! I came across so whinny. The next post will be upbeat.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:39 PM   #36  

Good evening,
Sugar, I think it's the coffee, it makes me gabby
Jayaredee was one of the original posters on this thread, way back in the beginning. We were all Somersizing then. He was 16 at the time (we didn't realize he was so young for quite awhile). He had a few words with someone in another forum here and this led to a few words with one of the 3 FC's that runs this website. He was banned for that. I think, he was probably just young and kind of let things get the best of him. Anyway, the website I was talking about is related to Body Flex. Here's the link to Sherry's pictures.
http://pub159.************/fbodyflexs...ID=11178.topic
Anne and I have both done it in the past and I'm starting again. I don't know if you've heard of bodyflex or not, it use to be sold on HSN and on infomercials, but the FCC has brought a lawsuit against the company, saying that it doesn't do what they claim it can do. In my opinion, it does help and is really great for anyone that is unable to do very rigorous exercise or if a person is disabled or in a wheelchair. Anyway, Sherry is a person that posts on that website and she has lost a great deal of weight using Body Flex. She posted her before and after pictures. She was also on the infomercial and seems like a sweet lady. I rarely post over there, I mostly just check it out for hints on how to do the breathing better. I hope my explaination has not confused you, I'm feeling kind of blonde at the moment.
That does sound like a tricky situation with your DS's future MIL. I wish you all the best. It may turn out better than anyone anticipates. But, it may be that she is unable to attend the wedding. Sometimes, leaving familiar things is so confusing for people with alzheimers that they become even worse. That is too bad that the family is unable to accept that she is having this trouble. There is medication now that can help to slow the progress (for some people) if they start it soon enough.
Lynn, don't apologize, you weren't whining. Lifes not always sunny. Even though we aren't face to face, we still do care about what your saying and how you feel. Being honest is always the best.
I better go spend sometime with DH. He keeps complaining that he's a computer widower. Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 03-24-2004 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:06 AM   #37  

Smile

Good morning everyone,

We had about 1/2" of snow overnight. The sun will probably melt it later on today.

nikki, went into the BF site. Her picture is fabulous. Did she lose all that weight by just doing Body Flex, or did she diet along with the Body Flex? I can't get over the difference that's so amazing! WOW!! Is she the same woman that was mentioned in the article just before, or during the whole FCC lawsuit? How is you ankle doing? Does pedalling help it any?

Sugar, what an awkward situation that is with your DS future MIL. It may be better if she didn't come to the wedding, unless she is having a good day. She may not know where she is nor anyone around her and be in a panic. Your future DIL must be beside herself with the situation. I hope everything works out for the best. I have a relative with alzheimers and they are on medication and have been for a few years. Thankfully the medcation has worked and they haven't gotten any worse. I haven't started SS book yet. I am reading a book right now that I just can't put down. Once I finish this book I'll read Suzanne's book. This newest book has nothing to do with Somersizing. It's a book about hormones and menopause. I want to read it so that the next time I go see my Dr. I can ask some intelligent questions that I hope she has answers for.

lynn, you weren't the least bit whiney. As Nikki pointed out, we do care what you have to say and care how you feel. Sometimes it's easier when you're not talking to someone face to face. So, please, don't feel like you're whining. My DH doesn't like to talk about things either. After we lost Shamrock I wanted to talk about it, but he didn't. But, now that we have Lacee, we do talk about Shamrock and the memories aren't as painful. Everyone grieves in a different way. Maybe the memory of Coco is still too painful for your DH, and sometime later on he'll be able to talk about her.

ANNE, what did you get at the hospital sale, anything good? Hope your week is going well so far.

Take care and have a great day
Aleka
Old 03-24-2004, 09:50 AM   #38  

How Are You All Today
Old 03-24-2004, 09:54 AM   #39  

Hi Again: That last post was in error. I was at the end of a post and going to fast as usual and did something wrong and cleared the post and was trying to figure out what I did. I wrote that message and was playing around and sent the post by accident. I am now P------- Off and need to get off computer for a while Will be back later
Old 03-24-2004, 11:00 AM   #40  

Good morning,
Lynn, I sure know how your feeling. I get pretty ticked off when I've written a long post, then hit some key that either completely deletes it or something. But, I had to laugh when I saw the first post, I knew it had to be a mistake, but I still got a good out of it, so it wasn't a complete waste

Aleka, so sorry to hear of the snow. I won't tell you much about my weather, but it's . One day, you will be in FLA and it will be the middle of winter and I will be about it and you will be and I will be green with envy.
I haven't read Sherry's story for so long, I'm not sure if she only did BF or what. I think she was the woman in the article though.

DH talked me into going to that Mexican restaurant again last night. I tried so hard to pick out something that was the lowest in calories, but when I got it, it was 3 plates of food! I was glad I had exercised alot yesterday. DH helped me eat it and his too.
Today, I'm going to clean up the camper and get it ready for camping. DH wants to start to work on the water lines, as some of them broke last year. This happens all the time with campers, so he is use to it. Then, we will be ready to go. Probably won't go for at least a month or two, but it's always nice to be ready.

Have a good day, Nikki
Old 03-24-2004, 11:12 AM   #41  

I just read the beginning of Sherry's post and she said that BF was all that she did with some walking. She didn't even diet, just tried to eat healthy and she gave some examples, but still eats what she wants, but eats in moderation. She went from a size 52 to a 16. She is a real inspiration.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:28 PM   #42  

Unhappy

Well back for another try.There are so many expressions to describe things and people, but the expression that was invented for me is "haste makes waste". Now I have tried 3x to put a smiley in and it won't!!!!! Nope they won't work. Oh well on I go. I have also cleared a email to DS, Nikki what key am I hitting in my haste???? DH is outside putting air in the bike tires so I guess it's off biking we go this afternoon. Well Easter plans are in full swing, they have been changed about 6x already this morning lol, The weather is warming up here maybe by the weekend I will be outside and there will be no snow!!!!!! You will be glad to know that I know now to preview post before I send it. Sometimes my stupidity amazes me. Why I didn't realize that before today confirms my "blond" personality. I am going to send this and see why I can't put smilies in Back Later
Old 03-24-2004, 12:30 PM   #43  

Hi Again Ok now I am really Now they are working. I wonder what is going on Back later
Old 03-24-2004, 01:50 PM   #44  

Good Day Ladies:

Aleka more snow Our weather today is overcast and cool but
we are supose to be in for a warming trend. Nothing good at the sale.

Lynn, what an adorable baby!! You must be a proud grandma

Hi Nikki, Sherry tells quite a story. I think she eats very little. Have you
read her food diary? Or maybe its I eat like a blimp I too want to
get back in my routine of body flex. I have been feeling stiff lately inspite
of my daily walk. Its time for me to kick it up a notch

My computer at home is on the fritz. I don't know what the heck is wrong
with it. I am sending you this little blurb between patients.

Thursday is my last day of the week. Sooooo I am really looking forward to
Friday.

Sugar, no chance will be leaving any time soon. Happy to report I
haven't seen her for a few days.

Have a great day all.
Anne.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:44 PM   #45  

Hi again,
It's overcast, but 70 degrees. I'm glad it's not sunny or it would be down right hot in the camper. I'm taking a break and sure feel like I've had a workout, even though that's my exercise for the day. I've done my part, now DH will fix the pipes and hopefully, get the roof cement on before the darned thing falls in.
I'm starting on cleaning out the old dead leaves from the flower beds, about a month behind you, Sugar. Got to get some in me, or I'll be napping on the couch soon.

Sugar is right, there sure is alot of reading to do here. If I miss someone's question, it's not that I'm ignoring you, it's just I forgot.

Lynn, I've never really figured out what key that I hit that messes the whole thing up. It's always done by accident. There are about 20 keys on this board that I have no idea what they really do. Wish I could take that computer class with you and that way, I'd know what I'm doing

We have no plans for Easter. Since the girls grew up and spend it with their dads family now, it's just a regular day for us. DH usually has to work and the cats and I are alone. The DD's have a 1/2 sister that is 9 years old, so they like to spend the holidays with her and try to get to know her better. She lives about 60 miles away and they don't get to see her very often.

Anne, I haven't looked at Sherry's food diary. I had just read her first post and the first 100 lbs, she lost after her DH died, due to grief. I would imagine, her stomach had shrunk by the end of that year, so she is able to eat alot less and feel full. I did do BF this morning. I don't really think it's as good as doing aerobics or weight lifting, but it does give me a good stretch, I get some good oxygen in my system and it wakes me up. I always think about my lungs and how it takes so many years for them to get healthy again after you quit smoking, so I think this has to help them alot.

Well, better get back at it. The coffee isn't helping and my eyes are starting to shut involuntarily.
Nikki