Old 03-15-2004, 07:09 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default This Week in the LC Coop - March 15 -19

So Calpurnia sez to Big Julie, "Stay home today. Do you HAVE to go to the stupid Forum?" But Big Julie ignored her and went and Brutus and the hoods offed him!
Beware the ides of March!
Ain't a classical edjicayshin wunnnerful?

I was awake and up at frassing 4 AM this morning! I sure am in Spring mode although it's cold and snowy out there. I started off the daily post and, when I went to submit, found that the Forum was down for maintenance! So the Girls and I had breakfast and a cuddle.

Hershey goes to her first treadmill session at 8:30 this morning. If she's not exhausted afterwards, we will do a village walk despite the crappy weather. Harry has a dental appointment for a cleaning at noon so we may just do our walk while he is in the chair. The dentist is in the next village so that would give us a bit more variety.

Both Girls have just been switched to the Bones and Raw Food diet and were just delighted over breakfast this morning. (I'm not sure how I am going to be able to stomach preparing raw meat, chopped bones, raw egg and kelp first thing but we shall see.) Hersh has to get the weight off and Miss Lucy aka No, not yet! has to gain some. I'm hoping the low carb will help them.

It's about time to crank up Harry so he can be tested, medicated and fed before I drive Hersh to the "gym".

What's happening in your part of the world? Pull up a chair and chat!
Old 03-15-2004, 07:54 AM   #2  
workin' my way back down

Good Morning Ruth and all to come......... Thanks for the coffee, it's delicious! Don't work poor Hershey too hard, (hmm, maybe some of HER calories burned on the treadmill will work for you too??? ) Enjoy the walking tho - I hope that the conditions are just right for it. I agree with you, I doubt that I could prepare the BARF diet for the girls first thing in the morning, even tho I know that many people believe that it is the only proper way to feed the doggage....

What a lovely sunny-looking morning outside the window - makes me happy to see sunshine. I better enjoy while it lasts, according to the weather people, some snow on Tuesday mid-day and on Thursday: guess what days I'm driving into NYC for work? NO MORE CALLS FOLKS.... we've got a winner! Oh well, I'm still gonna keep on thinking spring is coming spring is coming spring is coming! Maybe if I say it often enough it'll really happen

The Ides of March, indeed.... he was SUCH a man - never listening to his wife, even when she had his best interests in mind.. altho I do wonder if perhaps Calpurnia didn't have a little something going on the side with one of the senators????

Oh well, enough silliness - I better go get ready. (I'm trying to be well prepared for the day: gonna go put a potroast into the crock pot so that when I get home from work tonight (around 7:30 cause I'm working close by today) there'll be a nice hot meal all ready to eat! Hopefully this will help me start getting back on track with my eating.) Have a great day chickies!

Last edited by SonoGranny; 03-15-2004 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:22 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Girls,

Sorry I don't have time but to say hello

Love Yah's
Old 03-15-2004, 09:34 AM   #4  

Hey to you too Leenie!!!!!! give that dd of yours a hug from me!!! Bet the little rascal is still as cute as a button!!!

Sono.....say it ain't so about the snow. Please? Do you think your hot meal would be ready by say.....um.....sixish? I'll just hop on over, let myself in and steal a bit!!!! Hey! don't worry...I clean up after myself unlike SOME people (as in all) around my house.

Ruth, you would have just loved my Dad and he would have loved you. He used to sit and read Shakespear to us after dinner, with drinks. I recall one lively discusion following a quote about grappling with rims of steel. Somehow like everything it degenerated into a conversation about whether or not basket ball players (the rim) really could wrestle and whether or not they should be penalized for hanging on the rim.

I get the bad Mommy award once again today! I put the little guy on the bus for school (gosh I was so happy to do so) and 20 minutes later as I am hustling the big kid out the bus pulls back in. Apparently they got to the next rider's house and her parents were smart enough to know that there was no school today. BAD MOMMY BAD MOMMY BAD MOMMY!!!!!

ok, I'm over it!

I just love that kickin the can down the road!!!!

hope you all have a great day. Anyone heard from Janice lately?

peach
Old 03-15-2004, 11:44 AM   #5  
workin' my way back down

Hey Peachie, just stopped by (in the midst of running around I definitely needed a 3FC fix!! (too many carbs out there!!).... unfortunately, I can't say it ain't so. In fact, if you check MSNBC, it seems that there's an advisory for NJ -- sorry, chickie....... I'll that is misses you, tho........ As for the pot roast, 6ish might be a tad early, try closer to 7, I'll leave the back door open for you......but, you'd be more than welcome to join us, especially if you clean up after yourself!! About that "bad mommy" award......forget it!!! you're not the bad mommy - after all, who sent out the school bus? you didn't! therefore, it is totally 100% not your fault! so there............
Old 03-15-2004, 08:16 PM   #6  
Slimwithin

I think the kids are on Spring Break here. There sure were a passle of them coming into the pool just as I was leaving this morning.
I was talking with a gal from my women's club and she's been going to Curves for a couple of years. She hasn't lost weight or inches, she says, but she doesn't dare miss it because it's done her arthritis pains so much good. SO, guess who's thinking about joining Curves. Of course, I'd expect to lose both weight AND inches. HA....as IF! Oh well, I can dream.
We have rain on the way. Of course we do. It always rains the day I get my hair done. Off to #1 daughter's tomorrow for a badly needed trim and maybe some streaks. Depends on how daredevil I'm feeling tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:33 PM   #7  

Good afternoon ladies!

I see everyone was busy yesterday, I had forgotten about the Ides of March! Besides, he was an egotistical SOB anyway and got what he deserved! LMAO

So yes, I am feeling better physically now, emotionally still working on it. Have rejoined the low carb program but I am making small changes to work my way back. Right now the biggest struggle is not eating after 6 pm. I am doing well with the water--the pop is going out of the house and the bottles of water are coming back in. Dh thinks it's a collosal waste of money since we have a water cooler but I know myself better than that. It seems to be working, I drank 3 bottles yesterday. I haven't yet defined a program I'm on, I was thinking of Atkins again or CALP but I don't know. Maybe I need a new one to give it a whirl.

Linda, yes it is March Break, Miree is at gran's house for the week

Peach, I don't want to even describe my bad momma moments--how about forgetting to pack a lunch and not realizing it till noon hour??

Ruthie, are you back in the greenhouse? I suspect so, I'm going low key this year on gardening so I may be a frequent visitor to my local greenhouse

Sono, enjoy your day at work

Hi Leenie!

Hope you all have a great day
Old 03-16-2004, 08:13 PM   #8  
Slimwithin

Pooky, I'm glad you're feeling a little bit better. I know from experience that the emotional healing takes longer.
Today I went to #1 daughter's to get my hair cut. Her home salon is thriving and she's busy, busy, busy which is good news. Of course, I always get an earful about how Peter and I are letting the house fall down around their ears (they rent it from us). Never mind the fact that Peter built her lovely home salon. Somehow I always end up in the middle between her and her father and I'm so sick of it. They want to buy the place and I wish he'd agree to sell it to them. He says they'll inherit it anyhow but I figure it would be good for them to have to take care of their own upkeep. Darn place is a money pit.
Anyhow, on the way home, my friend and I picked up sandwiches at Subway to eat at her place. I'd heard that the Subway Atkins Wraps were very small so I ordered two of them (one of each kind). Hey, I'm not on Atkins at the moment so I figured I'd indulge. Every ingredient is compatible with the program I'm on now. Anyhow, I was amazed that they were so big and I could only eat one. I'm saving the other to warm up for my dinner. The one I had was ok but I found the wrap a bit on the chewy side. Has anyone else tried these wraps?
Old 03-16-2004, 09:50 PM   #9  
workin' my way back down

Good (?) evening chickies......... this was not one of the best days lately (have I ever told you that I am a MASTER of understatement?? ) the weather made the travelling to and from NYC for work pretty awful...... there was ONE bright spot in the day tho: I went in really early, so I got to see grandbaby Emma - AND SHE WALKED TO ME!!!!!!!! That was the best and brightest part of the day.... except for the fact that I got home again safely!

Ah, Pookie, glad to see you back and beginning to feel a bit better - I'm still sending all good thoughts your way........

Linda, if they just inherit the house without having to learn the responsibility of its upkeep, you're right...... it WILL fall down around their ears! I know lots of kids who rent from relatives at a "preferred" rental rate, but THEY are responsible for the upkeep- just a thought, do you think dh might go for it?
Yes, I had one of the Subway wraps, I don't remember which one, tho - turkey maybe? I must have been very hungry, 'cause I thought it was kinda skimpy......good for you for only eating 1!!

Peachie, hope you got thru today's snow ok - sorry to say that it's gonna happen again on Thursday/Friday

gnite all...........
Old 03-17-2004, 10:20 AM   #10  

Top 'o the mornin' to ya, lads and lassies!

Getting an early start today - I'm getting my hair trimmed/colored/highlighted at noon today so I'm not going into work and I'm excited to have the morning to do 'house stuff'.

I haven't tried the Subway wraps yet. I need to do that. Sono, that is so sweet about seeing your grandbaby and having her walk to you! So many daily changes at that age.

I agree, Linda, your daughter needs to know what 'the real world' is about with homeownership - all the joys, work, rewards and repairs that go along with it.

Hi, Pooky, nice to see you posting again. Healing takes time. Just remember to talk about it as often as you need to - that will really help you process thru grief. I know of what I speak, having had two miscarriages myself and doing the fertility drug thing. And I agree with you about the bottled water - somehow I like finishing off those bottles. More of an acomplishment or something.

I hope the girls do good on their BARF diet, Ruthie. I looked into that a few years ago when Scooter was having so much trouble with bladder stones. I ended up going with 1/2 of a veggie dry mix and 1/2 of a turkey/barley (low acid) dry mix. It's been 4 years now and he's had no trouble (I EVEN had him on distilled water for a year or so!). What WON'T we do for our furry children!

Gotta go fold a load of laundry that just stopped tumbling. Have a great day all. Hope the snow stops soon for you that still have it. Don't hate us but we broke some records for highs yesterday. Wonder if we will see more rain or if this is it and I should pull out ALL the warm weather wear?

Kel
Old 03-17-2004, 11:12 AM   #11  

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I even wore green today--totally by accident, it's what was clean!

Hey Kel, how are you? Thanks hon, your support means a lot as does everyone elses.

Linda, Yep, she needs to own it to know it. Dh and I are relatively young and have taken on that responsibility and holy canoly, I love my house and all but damn does it ever take a lot of hard work to keep it up and make the necessary reno's and repairs. She'll learn a lot by it.

Sono, that's the best feeling in the world, seeing a wee one walk to you. I swear, you'll never forget it!

I am eating better, controlled the 6pm eat monster last night and it felt pretty good. I am hoping to kick start this diet of mine into high gear. I don't know what to call it, maybe low carb controlled portion? Whatever it is I am not overeating or trying to hide behind my food.

Off to get some housework done,,,have a good day everyone!
Old 03-17-2004, 12:44 PM   #12  
Slimwithin

Well, having the kids pay for the upkeep on the house is a good idea in theory but in reality, I can't blame them for not wanting to invest major amounts into a house that isn't really theirs. Yes, indeed, they should do the minor stuff like filling cracks in walls, dripping taps, broken window panes, etc. but this house needs some major renovations such as new siding. After all, as far as they know, we could get into dire financial difficulties and sell the house out from under them and they'd get nothing back. I have suggested that they keep the receipts for any renovations they do make and they'd be reimbursed if we did sell the house but so far that hasn't happened. Personally, I'd love it if they bought it from us. It's Peter who's being stubborn. My fear is that the discord this is causing in our family will cause a real breach in our relationship.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:17 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

POOKY I have been absent so forgive my ignorance but my deepest sympathies to you. and huge hugs!!

I have been busy and Op until about a week ago then scantily OP. no exercise for 2 1/2 weeks NOT good. Life is busy busy busy. I do have to run and get out of work!!
Old 03-18-2004, 03:54 PM   #14  

Good afternoon ladies,

I have been doing very good over the past few days, but not with out the problems that follow. I have been eating up my headache meds but hopefully that will all end soon. Today was a test, I was so good that I let myself have a peanutbutter cup and and going to go out to dinner with the hubby. Last night I was SO happy that I managed to eat just the meat and veggies and not the rice, I just hope I can do that again tongiht. To make myself not as hungary, I am drinking my pro. shake. Hopefully that will work.

Well I hate to talk about myslef and run, but I have to get ready to get my daughters and go to eat.

I'll try to post more later,
Old 03-18-2004, 08:22 PM   #15  
Slimwithin

Hi Bella. Sounds like you are doing well.
I've had a lot of errands to run the past few days and no time to sit and play for very long. Looks like a lot of others are in the same boat.
I'm doing quite well on my new food combining program. (Yes, Ruth, it appears to be similar to Suzanne Sommers but not as complicated IMHO)
The scale has been dropping very slowly but it is going down. Still not into "virgin" fat though. You'll hear me hollering the day that happens.