Old 03-08-2004, 01:59 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday Chat, March 8th

Whatzzzzzzzzza mattah ? you's all have hang overs ?

Where's everyone on this cold snowy icky day ? well not snowing any more.

Old 03-08-2004, 02:43 PM   #2  
workin' my way back down

no hangover Leenie....... just errands: took truck in for oil change and for them to check out the CD player at 7AM, now I have clean oil and a new stereo on order (no charge - there was something wrong with the old one); I've done a bunch of tax returns, returned books to the library, had lunch with a friend, and stocked my supply bag for work- will be leaving in about 1/2 hour --- it feels like such a luxury, not working in the morning, but I would probably have had a more relaxing time at work!! that's me, tho, always complaining and never satisfied!! I must need more -

I want to know what's up with this "UCK" today!!! I am soooo ready for spring, and it seems like these "flurries" will never end......... been going off and on (mostly on!) all day.......... <sigh> is it spring yet? It must be: baseball has begun!

Well, gotta go......... to all still to come......... and if anyone is hungover: how come you didn't invite me to the party?????
Old 03-08-2004, 03:58 PM   #3  

Just a quick post tolet my friends know that I lost my baby today. I know it's kind of just out there like that but that's how the news came to us. Give me a few weeks and I'll be ready to low carb strong once again.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:31 PM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

OMG pookie, I am soooo sorry.....I wish I had better words for you but I know there really aren't any.
-L
Old 03-08-2004, 05:11 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh Pookie dear! I am so very sorry! Prayers and hugs on the way!
Old 03-08-2004, 05:57 PM   #6  
Slimwithin

Pooky, dear, I'm so sorry for your loss. I think you know that it happened to me a couple of times and I have a good idea what you must be going through. There aren't any words to express my sympathy and understanding. My heart is with you.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:37 PM   #7  
workin' my way back down

Oh Pooky, my dear, I am so sorry for your loss I wish I could hug you in person, but this will just have to do ... my thoughts and prayers are with you..........
Old 03-08-2004, 09:03 PM   #8  

Oh, Pooky, sweetie - I am soooo sorry for your loss. Please know that you are welcome here to talk it out if/when you need to. Sending comforting/healing vibes your way.

Kel
Old 03-08-2004, 09:31 PM   #9  

Pooky, I am so very sorry.

peach
Old 03-08-2004, 10:16 PM   #10  
Old Cackler

Default oh pooky...

Old 03-09-2004, 07:00 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Low Carbers.

I'm off to work in the Greenhouse this snowy cold morning. It started out looking cold but clear but we seem to be cloudy again. Never mind - the Greenhouse will be cozy and full of the smell of Spring!

Have a good Tuesday!
Old 03-09-2004, 08:24 AM   #12  
workin' my way back down

Ruth..... nice to see you this morning. Enjoy the greenhouse and the fresh smell of spring!
Good sunny morning to everyone else.........(at least for however long this sunshine lasts!!) today will be one of the long ones...... start out working locally for the morning shift, then the afternoon shift is in the Bronx (about 50ish miles away) - not too bad if the weather and road construction crews cooperate, since I go there in the early afternoon (right after the lunch hour) and leave there after the main rush hour (I work until 7): oh well, I always keep lots of good CDs in the car, and now I have the new "Norah Jones" - boy! can that girl ever sing! Anyhow.....

Food has been awful, I'm struggling so hard to get back. For 7 weeks after we got back from Florida I was right on track, I slipped a gear somewhere, somehow and now can't get it together again. I'm very frustrated and angry with myself- not to mention that my sil is having her very large, fancy wedding on 4/4 and I am a blimp with nothing to wear OK, enough feeling sorry for myself - (thanks for listening) time to get my @$$ in gear for the day.......
Old 03-09-2004, 09:13 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

POOKIE Sweetheart I am so sorry... HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

Good Morning Ladies and Lurkers,

Old 03-09-2004, 10:20 AM   #14  

Morning all -

I don't even want to tell you how warm it has been here this week for fear of getting slush balls thrown at me! I've been complaining about the rain and cold but this warmness came on so fast I'm not ready for it (clotheswise) but I am enjoying it while it lasts. We will get more rain/cold but this has been a nice break.

Juggling lots of jello (I saw this on someone's blog and thought it was cute so I'm stealing it) lately: Bry has practice or a baseball game 6 days per week, Melis has a friend moving out here from Florida (he is stuck in southern Cali. right now getting the wiring in his car fixed) and Senior Ball coming up, etc., Cody is starting track and after school homework club next week. Then there is work/bills/household stuff. Can someone please find me about 3 1/2 more hours in each day?

Ruth - Enjoy the 'inside spring' since outside isn't cooperating so well.

Sono - Hang in there. You did so well before and you will again. Don't work so hard and try to do something nice for yourself - maybe get your nails done or something?

Gotta run - I need to send lawyer an e-mail about shstbx's latest crap, then jump in the shower and hit the streets.

Have a nice Tuesday all -

Kel
Old 03-09-2004, 11:02 AM   #15  

Pooky,
I'm so sorry! There's probably not much I can say to offer comfort, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Love,
Chickadee