Old 11-10-2003, 03:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Default How soon will the weight come off?

Ive been on a low carb diet for almost 3 weeks and havent lost a pound? What am i doing wrong? I havent gained anything either...thats good but im not losing....I need help lol.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:40 PM   #2  
reaching my goals

I'm a slow loser too. I did manage to lose 2 pounds the first week and 3 the next week. I wasn't exercising at that time. Are you sticking strictly to the list of allowed foods? From personal experience, I know that low carb drinks, bars, and snacks stall my loss. Aspartame, found in most diet drinks, also causes problems for some. I'm not sure if any of these things apply; it's just all I can think of. I'm sure some of these girls will track down the culprit for you. These girls have a lot of information and advice. Good luck! Hang in there. It will get better.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:04 PM   #3  
Head Princess

Hi SugarRox -

Can you give us a sample menu of what you're eating/drinking during the day? That could help us analyze what's going on. Lots of things have hidden carbs in them so you could be consuming more than you realize.

Also, what low carb plan are you following? If you're following atkins, here's a link that explains the rules of induction and why they are necessary. It's long, but well worth it.

http://countcarbs.com/advice/LCG_rul...ion_atkins.htm

Last edited by StarPrincess; 11-10-2003 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Hi,

Thanx for replying, I apperciate the help. Im following the Protien Power plan.

Heres my sample menu:

Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs and a cup of hot tea

Lunch- grilled chicken breast w/cheese , diet RC

Dinner- grilled chicken breast and a side salad , water w/lemon

Im not snacking in between meals and I drink about 60 oz of water a day.

Thanx Again
Rox
Old 11-10-2003, 05:47 PM   #5  
Head Princess

I'm not familiar with the specifics of Protein Power, but here's my input based on my own experience.

Add some snacks. It sounds strange, but you're probably not eating enough. I found that I do my best with 3 small meals and 2 or 3 snacks a day. It gets my calories in the right range and the steady fuel seems to do good things for my metabolism. Also, you may not be getting enough fat. Again, sounds strange - but our bodies do not work properly if we cut both fat and carbs. Have some bacon or salmon or pepperoni or cream cheese. Fat's good in this woe!
Old 11-10-2003, 07:05 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi SugarRox

I did protein power and had great success on it!!!

First thing I noticed is your not eating enough. Try using www.fitday.com to log in your food and carb intake if your not already. This will help you keep track of what you have eaten and what you still need to fulfill your daily intake.

Drink more water....60oz isnt enough

diet sodas might stall you out like starprincess mentioned

eat more veggies, a salad with your supper just isnt enough, I havent done pp in a while, but I think I remember a list of veggies that you can eat, and eat lots of.......so enjoy.

Is there a reason you have cut alot of fat from your diet? This can also be a way to get a few more calories in.

I hope this helps
Robin
Old 11-10-2003, 10:25 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

Are you constipated? You aren't eating much fiber in your sample menu - if that is a typical day for you, add more fiber rich foods to your plan. That may keep things moving...