3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   Moan-Day Chatter ~ Nov. 3rd (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/33985-moan-day-chatter-%7E-nov-3rd.html)

MamaJ 11-03-2003 08:11 AM

Moan-Day Chatter ~ Nov. 3rd

Still coffee and clean mugs! Help yourself!

MamaJ 11-03-2003 08:20 AM

Good wonderful morning!

I am making a concentrated effort to get my hiney in here every time dh leaves! :p

It was enlightening tho still a bit sad to see that many of my LC friends were sharing my same feelings. Okay now, what're we gonna do about it? We have so many wonderful chicks and roosters here (both old & new) and I KNOW how much wonderful knowledge, love and encouragement there is. I'm sure hoping we can round ourselves back together and start kickin' it!

Sooner! xxxooooxxxooo Missed ya girlie!

Sono! {{{}}}} sure hope to see you today!

Robin-Peachie-Kel-Linda-Dottie-Chickadee-L1446-KFC (did I get that right?)Deb-Sheri-Taz-Nasus-Jiff-Scooby-whew my fingers are getting tired!!! Okay - all that I didn't mention-you know who you are - lol - sure hope you all are doing great and will stop in and say howdy!

Much on the plate today but I will check back later!

Janice

PS - WTG Brad on Twoderville! whohoo!

Sooner or Later 11-03-2003 08:57 AM

Morning ladies!

Janice -- you don't know HOW tickled I was to see your name come up on the daily. Just like old times...

Ruth, Leens, Linda BC, Jiffypop, Peach, Kel (and all you others I'll think of after I get off and will feel badly that I forgot to mention!) -- what a great feeling to know that you've all hung in while some of us have gone AWOL. It's a GOOD thing!

And to those of you I haven't met yet...gladtamecha!

Gee, must be getting close to Thanksgiving!

I need to TRY to keep it brief if I'm going to pop in some times...(do I hear a collective SIGH of relief?) :lol:

We're leaving Thursday for 2 wks in MN. Deer season -- big family hoo haw for dh's family (all boys, if that tells you anything). I'm planning ahead w/snacks and strategies for trying to stay sane foodwise through the cook-and-eat-a-thon that happens every year. Good practice for the holidays, I guess.

It's been frikking raining here since Friday. We need it, but it has sure laid spoil to my plans for last minute fall cleaning stuff.

Not the first time... ;)

Have a great one!

Sooner

SonoGranny 11-03-2003 09:08 AM

OK, i'm running late (for a change) getting ready for work, but I promised myself I'd try not to start my day without coming here for a kick in the butt and some added determination to get my big butt back on low-carb track!

Sooner, you're right - I've been thinking about Thanksgiving lately and trying to figure out what to do. In September, I told myself that if I was OP every day from then til Thanksgiving, I could eat whatever on that single day ... oh well, I'll have to come up with another plan 'cause that resolution only lasted about 10 days!

Janice, thanks for the hugs - I sure needed them!

Hope everyone has a great day - will try to stop back again tonight after work...

Leenie 11-03-2003 09:18 AM

Hi Ladies,

Well I've been slacking off of my diet but not by chosing the wrong foods, but by eating WAY to much, I mean a TON! OY.

Today is crack down day, I wanna lose a few pounds b/4 Thanksgiving if I mess up, I'm demanding you all come to my house and kick my ***! please :s:

Nothing much is new, had a wonderful weekend, the weather was awesome, who could ask for better in November ?

I'm drinking my coffee w/divinci's german chocolate cake syrup in it mmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!! and I had an atkins morning bar, which I won't buy again because they are eeh~ okay (the cinnamon one). Still hungry but I'll stick it out until lunch :) water water glug glus...gag...gag ! (nice motivating moderator huh HA! at least I'm honest).

Okay time to work, catch you all later.

HUGS !!

Tippurr 11-03-2003 09:29 AM

Good morning!

It's rainy here in S.E. Iowa, but not a bad day all-in-all. Last week was rough. I was ready to chuck it all and look for a job testing grenades. I figured it would be easier than working with teenagers. I went out to dinner with DH for my birthday, bit into this butter-soft prime rib and broke a tooth.

This week will be better. We only have kids for 3 1/2 days. Parent/Teacher conferences are Thursday and Friday. DH is taking me to St. Louis Sunday for the Ram's game and we're staying over 'til Monday and having some alone time. I'm just hanging on until then.

I did manage to lose one pound this week. This puts me at 33#'s. That's 1/10th of my original weight. A real cause for celebration.

Hope you all have a great day. Take Care. Brad, congrats on making Twoderville. Ain't it a wonderful place to be?

Karla

RobinW 11-03-2003 10:08 AM

Good Morning All :wave:

Things have been pretty busy, the store is doing good, hubby's sign business is doing great!! Im still op and working on week 9 of BFL.

Its been raining here all weekend, but the kids had a great halloween. We had a block party on the big night, and it was great. Not alot of kids from the neighbourhood, but everyone one of the little and not so little munchinkins were out and having a great time apple bobbing, and generally chasing each other around and having a ball!

Now its time to start christmas shopping!!! Ive started, but havent gotten very far yet lol

Have a great day everyone!
Robin

KarenW 11-03-2003 10:13 AM

Good morning!

Ruth! You made me feel so guilty for not checking in here as much with your post over at the Atkins threads! :fr: But I have a good excuse... My life is NUTS!!! LOL! my kids are keeping me busy and My crochet Design work is starting to take off... ANyone have some good tips on time management with kids and a Home based Business? I even had my first migrane last week from the stress! I honestly thought I was going blind in my left eye.. that was the scariest thing that ever happened to me!!! :(

But I am doing well on Atkins and this is week 14! I will weigh in later and give you all the scoop on the loss this week, BUT I did go to the gym over the weekend to have my monthly body fat test done and I dropped another 2% this month for a total of 4.5% body fat lost in 2 months of testing! WOO HOO!

talk to you all later!

Ms Spotdog 11-03-2003 10:32 AM

Howdy all!

I'm just tickled pink to see so many bright and shining faces here!!! I really meant it about not trying to make anyone feel guilty about not posting - I certainly don't want add anymore stress to our already busy lives. I was just expressing my sadness about the seemingly 'passing of an era' here in our little corner of the coop. You all have been a part of my day (I drink my morning coffee here) for soooo long now I just can't imagine it without you!

Major changes in the works in my life currently (on the job front AND home front - ugh!) but I do promise to post a daily HI! Congrats to all the losers - it is so comforting to me to know how well LC works and hear about your sucesses so that when my mind/body are ready to give it a try again I know I can do it!

Kel

Ruthxxx 11-03-2003 01:45 PM

Holy smokes! The Daily Cluck is alive and well and thriving in this part of the Coop. It's so nice to see everyone again.

Today Wonderful Gail spent the morning purifying my house. Now I need to be sure the Girls get their feet wiped every time they come in! This is such a terrible time of year for mud - especially when it keeps raining all the time! We still have not got the yard work finished or our firewood ordered but winter is coming anyhow!

Sorry I don't have time to read and comment on everyone's post but it sure is great to see so many folks back or joining in for the first time.

:grouphug:

LindaBC 11-03-2003 03:59 PM

Hey, what a great turnout here today. So good to see you all.
I went to the pool this morning and I swear, I was jet propelled. Yesterday when I went to the US I picked up a whole pile of Carbo-rite chocolate bars (OH HOW DIVINE) and I sorta, kinda ...ummmm...overdid it with them. The warning on the label says they can have a laxative effect. Well, thank God my overindulgence didn't bring on that particular problem but OOOOHHHHHHH ....the GAS! It continued all night with even my stinky hubby complaining and this morning in the pool....well...you can imagine. Luckily it wasn't crowded today. The chocolate bars are now in the freezer and I'm on the first day of Atkins Fat Fast so they will not be passing my lips for a while.
When I got on the scale this morning I was up a whole 5 lb from a week ago. I know it can't be all fat but even so it bothers me. All my hard work down the tube just because I couldn't keep my big mouth shut for a few days. Anyhow, I've never tried the Fat Fast before and I'm not sure I can stick it out but I seem to be really resistant to losing weight and I'm hoping just a few days of FF will get me jump-started.
Big hugs to all our returning prodigal chicks. Luv ya!

MamaJ 11-03-2003 05:49 PM

Good evening all!

I am so ready NOT to cook dinner but guess it's not the choice my family will agree with. :lol:

Been a long paperwork day on the puter and sneaking off occasionally for a bit of chit chat in other places - course dh doesn't know that! He insisted he get his own puter (that was bout four months ago) and barely ever turns it on!:dizzy: But he still thinks if I'm sitting behind it I'd better be doing something "constructive" like work or something! men!

They want a way tooooo many carb menu for supper so guess I will have a hb patty, salad and few veggies. They'll make up for it tomorrow night but their excuse is that they've been "ruffing" it at the deer lease all weekend! :rolleyes:

Sure was so nice to check in and see so many sweet faces here today! I almost snuck over and peeked at the LC Freestyle thread- lol - talked w/a couple of those chicks before and they're pretty cool chickies - thought we might start freestyling it together! What do ya chickies think? Come on N~~ I know you check this thread out occasionally! :devil: Think we could start "getting together"????? I just hate being so divided!

Stephens 20th BD is this week and I'll plan a day to go visit him. An hour and 45 minutes doesn't sound that long but it's an almost four hour round trip in good traffic and hard to squeeze in at times. I've been doing at least once-sometimes twice a month. He does seem to be doing a bit better up there. But always keeping the prayers going that he doesn't "slip" back into old habits and old ways. Scares the crap out of me! That kid has definately aged me!

Okay-better start cooking their carb fest dinner! Have a wonderful all!

J

Linda - lmao just imagining you in the pool! You are two funny!

L144S 11-03-2003 06:55 PM

:wave:
I thought you had all flown the coop! So wonderful to see everyone and know that you are all well.

Life in the northeast is nothing short of depressing with the time change. It is going to be a long winter. I might have to get one of those light boxes :D

I keep going to the gym. KFS has been a trooper and joined me most days.

DH is in NYC and I told him under no circumstance was he to see my father's lovely bride. She is still on my S*** list and well thats all there is to it.

Dinner is just about done, with DH out of town I am it...
Wonderful to see you all, PLEASE keep coming back!

-L

peach pit 11-03-2003 09:20 PM

It sure is nice to see everyone!!!

Haven't had much time to post today. Dh and I went for a walk. I really need to make the time to exercise but I seem to have so much to do around the house that I am having trouble juggling. It doesn't help that dh wants to drive a half hour to the park, which is lovely to walk instead of just walking around town. I need to just humor him on this one.

He did buy me an early Christmas present that I can use starting in January. It is a personal trainer thing. oh boy, I hope we don't get to personal cause I really don't have my self too revved up for it. I guess I have visions of following in my children's footsteps and being a "problem student"

Had problems with the older problem student today. Seems that although dh and I repeatedly asked him if he had read his book for class and he repeatedly told us yes that he didn't do it and got a pink slip. He went nuts when he came home for lunch and we couldn't send him back. So....he had a choice to either read his book or clean my very dirty bathroom. He made the right choice. I know that parenting is hard but sometimes it is just REALLY hard.

I did drink lots of water today. Food was a bit rough. Tomorrow should be better.

peach

MamaJ 11-03-2003 09:39 PM

Whoo-Hoooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A quick check in before cleaning the kitchen (& get away from DH $itchin' that I didn't get his filing done)!!!!!

It is sooooooo wonderful to see so many faces! It's like a family reunion that I don't want to quit!

:love: :angel: :dance: :queen:

:cloud9: :grouphug:

Mushy moment! {{{{{HUGS}}}}{

See ya'll tomorrow!!

J