Old 07-26-2003, 06:24 AM   #1  
Senior Chicky

Thumbs down Weekend Chatter ~ 7/26-27 th

I've got the coffee on, and just the glow of a candle.....it is the weekend afterall, and ya'll need that beauty rest!

Be back in a few - need more mugs.
Old 07-26-2003, 07:33 AM   #2  

are we the only ones up?

i feel like crap from all the junk I'm eating, and gained a couple of pounds...you know what doesn't work? trying to do lc then cheating. it is a recipe for disaster. Dr. A says cheating on this diet is the kiss of death. I give up. I will throw the ice cream in the garbage right now. I promise.

other than that, we are painting these huge bookcases today, and I vow to beat this house into submission! I still don't feel completely settled or unpacked, and I just don't have good "flow" in some areas, you know? Like I want to be able to just reach for something, and know exactly where it is. I guess it takes a while to get the kinks out, and DH and I were 12 years in our last house...

so that 's me. cranky, fat, tired.

I guess that calls for another cup of coffee!

dottie

Just read yesterday's daily and wanted to say HEY PEACH! Stay away from the soy based shakes. They are the nasty ones and gassy, too! :wink: WHEY is better tasting, very nice dairy taste, like Designer Protein chocolate, add a little more splenda and it['s pretty good. Think chocolate milk, not thick like ice cream shakes.

Last edited by dottiejon; 07-26-2003 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:18 AM   #3  

Good Morning everyone

Dottie, your house will come together hon, I know you are stress eating and it doesn't make the weightloss go any faster does it?!

Good Morning Janice! Thanks for the cup!

I am off to Santa's Village this morning, kind of an outdoor amusement park. They do have rides but they also have a petting zoo, boat rides, a stage for kids songs, and a craft house. The kids just love it. Today is supposed to be dh's compnay picnic and thank goodness they got smart and at least had something for the moms and kids to do--as if we all want to stnad around and swill beer and play horse shoes all day! I've invited my friend and her two kids along--we get free tickets so it'll be a lot of fun! Of course dh will be standing around swilling beer with the rest of the guys. Couldn't ask for a better day--that is if the rain holds up!

Have a good one guys
Old 07-26-2003, 09:16 AM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chickies,
Peach, the 11th is right around the corner. I understand the stress, just go with it. You don't need to be stresses about being stressed right? You have all these chicks out here that love you for who you are nad not what you look like. You have a family that loves you and you need not worry that we are all behind you.

Kids are cleaning the play room. I will do the finish but at 6 and 9 I am NOT putting the toys away. I need to have the house clean before I leave for NC so that when I get back I don't have to do that. i got an e mail from a friend that lives in Switzerland. She is going to be in boston durring the time beween when I get home and whn my company shows. So depending on timeing I think I will order groceried in NC to have them delivered in the am when I get back. it will save me a few hours and then I can maybe get to see her.

Ahh well, off to the pool this am. my tan is fadding and i feel fat and yuckoh, (TOM) it is going to be in the 90's today so no better place to be.

I do have a question? Does anyone know anything about carb cutters? DH ( ok he is off the SH list for now) was asking and I was thinking I could turn to you.

See you later,
-L
Old 07-26-2003, 09:30 AM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Morning all.......Janice, keep that coffee coming!

L are you off to the Outer Banks? If you are, kick some sand or something for me will ya, a beach is not in my future this summer. Darn and this fat chick loves the beach!!

dottie I'm sure your new place will feel like home in no time. Isn't moving the 2nd most stressful thing in a marriage/life?

Pooky have fun at Santa's Village.

Well my daughter (the youngest) is a high school senior this year. Band Camp started this past Monday. I'm putting together the Preview Show/Band Picnic for this coming Friday. Lots of fun, but lots of work......the hardest part is getting the kids to turn their forms back in (for a head count.) Oh well, it will all come together.

My weight loss is very, very slow now. I'm 18 months out from surgery......the so called Honeymoon period I guess is over.....what do you think Jiff?? I'm still over 200, but not by much......would just love to get below 200 for once in my adult life. Unlike Jiff, I don't think any plastic surgery is in my future, not cause I don't need it, just because I don't think my family could handle me getting more surgery after what they went through with my wls complications.

Well off to start my Saturday......have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 07-26-2003, 09:53 AM   #6  
Big Loser

Hello and good morning to all! I have been having a great time catching up on all the posts..we traveled to my in-laws last weekend in Kentucky, returned Sunday and Monday I have to go to Dallas(can you say HOT) for the week for a seminar and meetings.....so today I am attempting to get my house in order. I just finished th bathrooms(why did I want 3 bathrooms) and it was a scary experience.

So after a week of total indulgence I must get back to some sort of plan - did any of you see Oprah's magazine this month with her amazing weight loss stories. Pretty coool, they also reran her show this past week or so with all those that lost weight...amazing people!

Sounds like everyone is busy so back to the cleaning...got to get done so I can hit the pool with the kids!!!!
Old 07-26-2003, 10:17 AM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Morning chicks!! I have a filled day planed and being OP is not on the list!! I will write more later. but i started going to work at 6:30 this am to catch up on work i couls not get to yesterday but plan on having a great day for the rest of it today!!!

PS have i got some very exciting things from a petra dealer (sexy things!!! HE HE HE )
Old 07-26-2003, 01:09 PM   #8  
WW Moderator

I finally weighed and saw a loss of 1.5 pounds. YAYYYY! Gee, how frustrating. Week before last I lost 1 pound. Last week I lost nothing. Hopefully the full week will show about 3 pounds. Ok, will post more in a while.

I have to go make hashbrown casserole for a birthday dinner for Amy's husband and son. I'm also going to make a loaded cauliflower casserole for me! Amy and Suzanne hate cauliflower. I'm going to sneak up and put a spoonfull on each of their plates so they will see it isn't so bad afterall. Ok, that might be mean. I'll give them each a side dish of it in a little bowl. I bet they'll like it!
Old 07-26-2003, 04:51 PM   #9  
Slimwithin

OK, so is ANYBODY, besides Jennifer, totally OP? I know I'm not. I've been doing that "kiss of death" routine, like starting the day right and rapidly descending into the pit of ice cream and Oreos. I honestly can not stand myself but I'm still not disgusted enough to get serious here. I'm scared to get on the scale because I can feel the extra blub glomming onto my belly and thighs. What to do? What to do?
Old 07-26-2003, 10:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Linda, I was totally on plan for the whole week. Then today it was cookout day, so chips and buns and cookies and the whole nine yards, plus I decided I could drink real Pepsi, not diet, so I may have to start all over again tomorrow. Boooooooooo. Alas, we are not perfect creatures, so I will stop beating up on myself if you will!

Hope you're all having a fun filled busy weekend, and not Mt. Laundry or the dreaded bathroom chores (sorry Rachel, I have 2 myself and I kick myself every day!) that we all have to face. Keep on keeping on, okay
Old 07-27-2003, 07:43 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

OMG! I didn't post in here yesterday.

LindaBC, I am absolutely positively not on plan this week! So far I have avoided some of the more deadly Fair treats like sausage on a bun and fries but lots of other crap has found its way down my gullet! The scale has blipped UP a bit but I am not changing my profile as I know I will be 198 again this week! Nobody is perfect so forgive yourself and carry on.

Sorry not to be posting much, Chickies. The Fair is taking up lots of my time but I really truly am having fun! And dinner with Harry every night is wonderful! So is having a proper night of sleep!

See you tomorrow. Whoops! Gail Day! FlyLady needed badly.
Old 07-27-2003, 08:55 AM   #12  

Good Morning girls, I wish I was having a good morning. SH and I had a fight this morning. Would you believe he threw the tv remote against the wall and broke it? I swear he has such a bear like temper. Basically I was PO'd at being woke up at 5 this morning by Miree and here we was on the couch not taking care of her! I mean for God's sake--can't he just be a parent in the morning and let me sleep in once in a while? I got super mad and screamed at him (trust me I'm no good without coffee and awake for an hour) and then he threw the remote. Damn, now I gotta go and buy another one. SH is still sleeping in the bed WHERE I WAS and I'm not talking to him today. I'll apologize for being a biotch but that doesn't mean he needed to break the remote.

Now I gotta go and get some coffee..see? I'm still not awake yet!
Old 07-27-2003, 09:04 AM   #13  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

....Ladies be kind to yourselves........

Little man is spending the day in his room....he has been having "accidents" and it is really getting on my nerves. I have told him that he is going to spend the day thinking about what kind of effect these "accidents" have on the rest of the family. I feel like it is a really mean thing to do, but I feel like I have no other choice. Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

I am going to Trader Joes today to do a little stocking up before I go away. The kids like some of the pasta stuff and I have to say they are very easy and quick. We will do some looking and check out some new stuff too.

Ruth, I am glad you are having fun this year...did you get my e mail?

have a good day, rain here for the day, so I will get a project done.

be well,
-L
Old 07-27-2003, 09:24 AM   #14  
Big Loser

Good SUnday to all!!! SOunds like we are not having as much fun as yesterday!!!

L- could the "accidents" be something physical?

Pooky - hope your day gets better...how was the picnic at the park yesterday?

We are headed to the lake this morning on the boat but the way my kids are acting I think maybe we should have gone to church first so i could pray.....

Talk to you all later!!!!
Old 07-27-2003, 11:05 AM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Pooky I too have a fist fullof broken remotes. I leave them for him to deal with anyways. if he is dumb enough to throwo it then he has to live with it. do not buy a new one unless you can not turn on or off the TV! he dumped his chair and smashed the bottom of it. as the other big kids were in his rooom and always leaving the chair in the up position as they managed to break it. now it is upside down in his room and there for a month so far!!!

well I am op so far today!!! Yesterday I had a very good day and NIGHT!!! we went out to the minor league ball game and out for dinner then I sprung on DH about my new purchase!!!