Old 05-14-2003, 06:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Daily Cluck - Wednesday, May 14

Well, 4 rainy days in a row is too much! BRB - left coffee downstairs!

Back.... Debkay is online but Pooky is loafing in some classy hotel room in Toronto with her DH. I wonder what they did last night.

Today is the day of Jiff's job interview. If that company doesn't hire her they are nuts and deserve to go down the tube! Keep fingers, wings, boobs and legs crossed for Jiff today, Chickies.

DH just informed me that we are going for breakfast BEFORE we drop the car off at the dealers for routine maintenance. Hmmm - that does make a difference in my alleged schedule. I'd better scurry around right now.

Got a fair amount of sewing done yesterday by the way - I am going to make the deadline!

Will check in later. And I am still looking for Taz.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:24 AM   #2  

Morning Ladies,

Just a quick fly by, life is settling down a bit. Finally did some much needed weeding in my flower beds last night. The task is so overwelming that I have decided to try to do about 30 minutes every day, may it will not be so hard to tackle that way.

Ruthie, you are such an to be so concerned about tazcat. I have no info on her but I am thinking of her also.

Jif, best of luck with the interview.

luv to you all!
Old 05-14-2003, 07:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Well, another day is here, make the best of it ladies! I'm trying, that's all I'm saying for now.

Hope everyone has a great HUMP day, talk to you soon!
Old 05-14-2003, 07:40 AM   #4  
workin' my way back down

Morning Ruth, Jenny and everyone else to come .......... not too much doing here, I'm trying soooo hard to "re-induct" myself, these cravings are killing me....I need to get myself back under control NOW, before the weight re-gain hits double digits...... after all, it took me over 6 months to lose 30 lbs, it would be just like my body to gain back 10 lbs in just a couple of weeks!!!

Ruth - you are a complete doll: I too have been wondering about Taz, especially missing her morning slices! I can't help tho, I don't remember if she is married...... but oh, I sure hope all is well there.... and oh yes, enjoy your breakfast out - that's one of my favorite meals to eat out (at least it was BEFORE Atkins!!

Jiff - all is crossed for you today.......... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come by as soon as you can........ I'll be haunting the screen today!!

Everyone have a great day..... time to have the coffee and hit the shower.......
will most definitely check back later........
Hey Sherrie, you snuck in on me....... how's everything going? enjoy hump day..
Old 05-14-2003, 07:51 AM   #5  

Good Morning! I just love induction. I've lost 4 pounds in 3 days. I realize it all water, but it gives me the push I need to keep going. I know what you mean about the cravings though, I thought I was going to lose my mind last night when DH sent me to the store for his cigs. As I'm checking out I see a display for a new Reeses Cup, with Dark Chocolate. I restrained myself, but it was a close call. Then the evil DH wanted to order pizza.

Jif - Good luck today on your interview!
Old 05-14-2003, 09:01 AM   #6  

Hey, I'm not loafing!

Glad to see you back and at it Dyan, hard to give up, isn't it? I feel for ya hon!

Just had a lovely breakfast and now I'm at the internet cafe waiting for dh to come down with his computer to do some more work before we check out later this morning. Found a Korean restaurant last night--mmmmm mixed veggies and squid and shrimp, yummy! Just about ready to go pack my stuff and I'll be home tonight.

News of the last 24 hours has been horrible. A sweet 10 year old girl walked her friend home after playing and the last anyone saw of her was walking up the block to her house and she disappeared. Now they have found child's body parts in the Toronto harbour and through DNA confirmed it is this missing girl. Hug your kids today and tell them how much you love them. So very sad.....

Despite this sad news, I hope you all have a wonderful day
Old 05-14-2003, 09:08 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Everyone

Ruth, do you really wonder what Pooky did last night? No little one around, no puppy around, hmmmm? Hope you had a wonderful time Pooky

Sono.....here is something that has been working for me lately when the sugar cravings hit. Mix up 1 cup cottage cheese with 1/2 cup mixed berries with 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp (or more) of splenda. It tastes like a fancy desert. Even if you dont like cottage cheese, this is REALLY good. (I couldnt eat cc before I started adding stuff to it) and its very satisfying.

Dyan, Ive been in your situation.....but found that when I wanted to cheat, I couldnt decide what chocolate bar I wanted, and ended up with none Good job on passing it up!!

Jiff...GOOD LUCK!!!!

Went to the business associations meeting last night, and heard some interesting things, as well as a new member that is "in your face" about alot of the circumstances surrounding the avenue. Alot of ppl got there backs up about him, but I thought he was amazing and that he would be a great asset to the assoc. Hopefully the others will see that this guy is the go-getter we need.

Business has picked up a bit, already we are doing better than last month.....it wouldnt have been hard Today, I think I'll start putting together a bench with the drift wood I picked up last week. It shouldnt take me too long to finish, then I thought I would make a seat cushion and hopefully attract alot of attention to it. I'll post a picture of it when Im done.

Thats about it in my small corner of world, I hope everyone has a great day

Robin
Old 05-14-2003, 10:08 AM   #8  

Hi ladies. Well, Jiff and I have something in common today. I've been sending out resumes for 3 months and now I've got an interview TODAY AND ONE TOMORROW! When it rains it pours. I'm really very interested in the one I have today. Nervous because I haven't interviewed in at least 8 years or so. Scared (do I really want to leave my kids full-time?) and excited. My firm doesn't know I'm interviewing so I'm doing a lot of sneaking around and it makes me uncomfortable. To make it worse, my boss is my step-father so I can't confide in my mom and tell her what I'm doing.

Pooky- my thoughts go out to the family of the 10 year old. NOw that I'm a mother, it is truly excruciating to imagine how awful such a tragedy would be. I can't imagine how I'd go on with life with the knowledge that something sinister happened to one of my babies. Good Luck getting everything hubby needs!

DonBar, sounds like you're feeling a bit better. Weeding the garden must be like weight loss - small, attainable goals. Right? (Oh gosh, now I sound like Dr. Phil!)

Ruth - I'm going to want to see a picture of this famous purple dress!

tata for now, ladies.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:17 AM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

OK what happpend to my post???

Good luck Jiff and Adrienne

Pooky What a horrible tragity!! The terrible feelings that her parents must be feeling, but also her friend that was the last one to see her alive, how bad she must feel!! Oh here comes the tears!!!

for me it is clean up day and time to get AVON on the puter. so mcuh to do and so little time. it is cold here today and well I am feeling it.

Oh I got this picture let me see if i can attach it!!

What real women do with duct tape.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:24 AM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

What real women do with duct tape
Old 05-14-2003, 11:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta get some of that!
Old 05-14-2003, 12:50 PM   #12  
Big Loser

Hi ladies - glad to see Taz is ok. Things in TN are fine - gorgeous weather here. Work is crazy! That is all I will say about that.

Pooky - what horrible news. I cannot imagine.

Everyone have a great Hump day!
Old 05-14-2003, 02:45 PM   #13  

Afternoon Ladies!
Well I am gearing up for a yard sale-so that means SERIOUS cleaning out of EVERYTHING! I've heard that it will make me feel better to rid my house of clutter, and to re-organize-so here is to feeling better! iI've been down in the dumps for awhile now-maybe this will be the boost I need to get myself back together.

I gotta read some old post now-have a great day all

Miss D
Old 05-14-2003, 05:42 PM   #14  
Slimwithin

Hi there, Chicky-poos. Glad to see everyone full of determination. I'm on Day 2 (yet again... ) and doing ok. When I get carb cravings I mix some cocoa powder with cottage or ricotta cheese and add some Splenda. Lower in carbs than fruit. If you really need that fruity flavour, take some Crystal Lite powder and mix it in.
Good luck with the job interviews, Jiff and Adrienne. Oh, I'm so glad I no longer have to go to those interrogations. I hope you both get your dream job.
I went to the pool this morning and then visited a friend who's laid up. Then a stop at the garden center to get some plants to fill in the blank spots in my border.
I think I'll knit the rest of the day as it's raining off and on. Just feeling lazy after my water exercise.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:15 PM   #15  

I just stopped in hopping to catch some new posts so I could avoid my Biology homework. No such luck. I'll be back later tonight for a break.