Old 04-26-2003, 07:52 AM   #1  
Big Loser

Default Daily Sat/Sun - April 26 & 27

Morning Chickies!!!

Gotta get coffee-BRB

OK Back-here you go Ruth it is strong-rainy and yucky here this am hope it clears off-many outdoor activities planned for today!!

DD is up and i need to shower we are supposed to ave in an hour for her to dance at the dogwood festival! May not happen if it keeps raining we shall see!!

And of course we have soccer this afternoon - and I have an extra kid-friend of DS's is staying with us this weekend-his parents are losers-long story!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by scooby2; 04-26-2003 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:00 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there, Scooby2. Would you bring me a coffee too? Thanks!

I'm just here for a minute as the "lads" are coming shortly to put Syrup Festival stuff into the loft of the barn and get down my wicker porch furniture and rug! Yippee! Spring must be here! I need to get out there and sweep the front porch before then. I also am finally going to clear off the front perennial bed as Snow Mountain is finally gone!

Catch you all later. Happy Saturday.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:58 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Happy Saturday!!

Good Morning Rachel, Ruth, and all to come

The sugar monsters are back, and Im not winning the battle!! I'll be glad when this pms thing is over!

We had a pretty good day at the store yesterday, the sun was out and so were the ppl. Hubby was busy making signs, and another neighbour came over to get a quote from him to do another sign. Hubby even made me a new sandwich sign yesterday. From the wind blowing over the old sign, it was pretty messed up. This one is really cool!! I had him do a shadow of a moose in the back ground with red and black lettering over top. It looks really good, and stands out better than the other one did.

Tomorrow I think we are heading to the nurseries to find some pots and plants for the front of the store. This should be fun, I always enjoy roaming the aisles

I hope everyone has a great day

Robin
Old 04-26-2003, 10:04 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

It's raining and very cold so no gardening for me this morning.
FRASS! pout pout pout
but I do have my wicker furniture on the porch!
Old 04-26-2003, 11:23 AM   #5  
Hang In There

I've not been around this week cause I've not felt good. I went to the doc Wed and I have SHINGLES!!! The are on my right arm and quite painful. She gave me meds for the pain, but the zonk me out so it's like a rolllercoaster between pain and consiousness!!!

I did start the South Beach diet Monday and I've lost 6 pounds this week. The only problem is I haven't got the book yet and amd sorta doing it blind, exept what I've got off the net!!!

Just wanted to check in and say hi. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:14 PM   #6  

Good Morning everyone!

Barb, OWIE!!! I feel for ya hon and way to go on the loss!

Ruth, it is a cruel twist of fate we live in Canada--it is beautiful sunny and warm here--go figure ?!?

Robin, looks like the beginning of a busy season ahead!

Rachel, hope your dd does fabulous dancing! Best wishes!

As for me, I am so happy to have dh home He LOVED the floor and just kept gushing on how good it really looks. He's in agreement with me on the time line to get it installed fully--before his parents arrive. That gives me 4 1/2 months to get it done--no problemo! The sweetie let me sleep in till 10 this morning and he played and played and played hard with M. She missed him so much. he even bought her a little yellow T-shirt that says Atlanta on it. She just loves it!

Seminar was great, excellent information for parents and caregivers, so much so it has helped me refine some of my techniques in deaing with the "whines" and the "can't do's" and the defiance. Great strategies...

Off to do a mountain range of laundry today--have a good one everyone!
Old 04-26-2003, 02:38 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

OK girls I am here and ready to give my diet a good kick start. I am now starting 12 hour shifts so time will be more available except for the days that I work. DUH!!! but i will be working less days!!! only 3 instead of 5!!!

I have been out trying to help the kids get a car for over 4 hours today starting at 7:30 this am!! I am now tired and need to get the house picked up so I can get on with my life!!!!

So HI ALL!!

I will try to catch up in life here when I get things in orer for this house!!!
Old 04-26-2003, 07:12 PM   #8  
Slimwithin

Hello, gang. Nice to see everybody so busy.
Yesterday I was in a dept store and tripped over part of the shopping cart holder rack on my way out. I'm telling you, Chickies, sometimes it pays to have a big belly. It sorta cushions the fall. But I sure did fall hard. Whacked my left knee and left wrist pretty bad and today my right shoulder is paining me. It was a very bad experience and left me feeling very shaky and fragile but ice packs have kept the swelling down and pain killers have kept most of the pain away so I'm not doing to bad today. The staff in the store couldn't have been kinder and so very helpful. I'm just glad I didnt break anything.
Too bad that had to happen because today is our first nice gardening day in a long time and I should be out there digging and weeding. There's a lot to be done.
I'm still plugging away on the South Beach diet and feeling very good. Even though I've added a few berries and an occasional slice of multigrain bread I haven't suffered increased carb cravings. I find this woe very satisfying.
Canucks won game one against Minnesota Wild last night. Yippeee! Game 2 is tomorrow night. I hope they continue to do well. They have been so awesome in the regular season this year. On to the Stanley Cup.
Old 04-27-2003, 06:40 AM   #9  

Good Sunday Morning everyone!

It's early for me to be up but I thought I would cut dh a break and let him sleep since he let me sleep in yesterday morning. A nice looong sleep.

Have to do some grocery shopping today (just a few things) but most importantly I ran out of laundry soap. Have to buy a b-day card for my MIL, dh bought a lovely fleece vest and polo shirt for her yesterday. We have to hurry and get it in the mail since it has to go all the way to Korea and her b-day is May 16th!
After all that, then some never ending yard work.

Coffee's good and strong ladies, come on in and grab a cup!

Sue, glad you are going on a 12 hour shift, has to be easier for you to free up some time, eh? I know you'll get back on track, honest!

Barb, how ya feelin this morning?

Hey Linda! Ummm...did you mean to post on Friday's thread? It's those late nights watching the Canucks games!

Have a good one!
Old 04-27-2003, 08:26 AM   #10  
Old Cackler

good morning busy ladies!!!

and isn't stanley cup season just GREAT???? the best hockey in the world!!! baseball is just way too boring. <ducking as peachie reads this; she has great aim with a baseball!!!>

now, ladies. something unfortunate is happening. carbs are staying down. i'm heading for trouble here. so far, the most i'vehad has been a total of two servings in a day [and that was in pretzels and crackers] but that one time i did it, i had a tough time getting in my protein, and that all adds to the calories and takes away from the muscle. <see sue??? you've taught me well!>

so, i have to get more focused, especially since i have 40 pounds to go! [hey, even i'm starting to be amazed at this!!! i no longer have triple digits to lose!!!}

BUT ONTO ANOTHER TOPIC

i really need to do something about summer play clothes. the hanes outlet is having a sale for the next couple of weeks [hear that peachie?] and i bought 3 t shirts for work, and some shorts for the gym, but there were no long-ish shorts to wear around. everything was up to my butt!!!! WHO NEEDS THAT AT MY AGE?????

i can get some cheap t shirts at the craft stores [like ac moore and rag shop and michaels], but where can i get shorts???? oh wait.. i can hear the answers now: WALLY WORLD!

ok. i'll be quiet now.

today's plans: gotta finish laundry. some shopping this afternoon. groceries. dinner out with mom and i think one of my wls friends is joining us.

thank you all for being far more interesting than i am.

and hugs to you all.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:32 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

But Jiff - you ARE interesting. We all are. We just don't recognize the wonderful diversity in this group! About the shorts, I remember shorts from way back when I was not ashamed of my legs - I think I was 11! My problem is pants - I always have to shorten the damned things, even the so-called petites.
Drat! Company and Church is in 15 mins. Bye.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:19 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Everybody!

Its going to be a gorgeous day here today!!!! I cant wait to get outside and get it started.

Hubby and I are suppose to go to home depot and pick out some pots and plants for the front of the store. Then I have to pick up some paint because I want to paint sillohettes of wildlife on the walls under the windows at the store.

Im hoping I can get into the front garden today, and start pulling out all that (I dont know what its called) black weed stopper paper stuff I couldnt get my daffies in last fall because of it. I didnt have the time or the energy to get in there and rip it all out. Its intertwined with the shrubs that have been there forever. So hopefully today, I'll be able to attack it. Might even get the scraper out and scrap the front of the house. It needs repainting.....and Id like to get that done before I start planting flowers in the front bed.

Jiff, I think your pretty interesting!

Im off to make my morning coffee, and bring some to hubby in bed.....I wonder how thankful he will be

Note: I havent had my coffee yet.......so if this post doesnt make sense, you'll know why

Have a great day
Robin
Old 04-27-2003, 11:51 AM   #13  
Big Loser

JIf - I think you are fascinating and an inspiration!!!

Happy SUnday to all - just returned from church and the grocery store! IT is truly a perfect day today 75 and gloriously sunny - DH is starting up the pool as we speak!! Summer is almost here yea!

I have decided my house is out of control - a total wreck - oh well!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 04-27-2003, 12:26 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Well, the company was my preacher's wife who just had to use the potty! The water is not on at the Church yet as the hall is not heated in winter!

Too cold to garden this morning so I've amused myself with some flower pictures from our trip out west. You can check them out at http://ca.geocities.com/ruthxxx/FlowerShots.html

I guess I'll have to amuse myself this afternoon by doing the darn taxes! Pray for sunshine and warm temps to save me from that!
Old 04-27-2003, 01:25 PM   #15  
CatGal

Linda! I am so sorry to hear about your fall! Hope you are feeling better soon!
G