3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Low Carb Archive

Old 04-08-2003, 08:28 AM   #16
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

headaches are common with starting the low carbs It is the boyds reaction to changing the fuel it burns but it goes in a few days. and drink water.

Sorry no easy way to make it go down except may add a touch of lemmon to flavor it. But the more you drink the better it goes down then you will soo crave it.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:32 PM   #17

sue- thanks for the info re: the headaches. i have another one this afternoon, but will continue the BIG water consumption.
i have AIM so i added your name to my list, i'll be watchin for you.
it is always fun to chat w/new friends.
caci- hows it goin? thanks to you too for the info. i must say i'm so tempted to hop on the scale, but i'll wait til sun, for my weekly weigh in. will chk back again later today or tomorrow.
Old 04-09-2003, 01:15 PM   #18

Wink

Did pretty well yesterday except for the water. I went to the store and brought some flavored water (no sugar) and see if that helps any. I also am very tempted to get on the scale, but know that is a big "no no" and will wait until Monday morning like I should. I am a little confused as the things listed not to eat on phase I includes no dairy, yet I notice that a couple of the recipes use mayo--maybe this really isn't included as a dairy product. Congrats on making it thru another day--talking to others on this plan really seems to help me stay on it. Thanks. Caci
Old 04-09-2003, 02:57 PM   #19

hey caci,
i have a water bottle that holds 2 cups- i only have to fill up 4-5 times thru-out the day. i try to drink more in the morning, so im not up all night running to the bathroom. i have made the water my daily challenge- and once you're in the habit, you'll be fine. i am a big diet coke drinker. ive noticed ive cut way back on the d/coke. almost tastes too sweet now. thought this would be my biggest obstacle.
without the book, my challenge is coming up with a daily plan. can you give me an idea of a south beach day for you? thx
oh, and about the scale.... i felt the same way, and did jump on it on day 2. i was down .5 and it was at night, so i am sooo anxious for sunday to come.
take care- drink that water, and you have lots of support here.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:14 PM   #20

I just wanted to let everyone know that I had WI at WW this morning, and I was down 4 lbs Me being always skeptical I will wait a few more days before I really believe it was The south beach diet. Good luck to everyone.

Rebecca
started SOBE 163
now 159
Old 04-10-2003, 01:14 AM   #21

Angry South Beach diet

Hope you don't mind that I popped in here. I am also going to try this diet. I have been on Atkins off and on and find that this diet may be a little easier for me to live with. I too have had alot of headaches-not enough water? I really don't know why that is. I'm hoping I'll see successes here to motivate me to stick with this diet. Good luck everyone!!
Old 04-10-2003, 08:27 AM   #22

Congrats Rebecca for the 4 pound loss - you must feel proud of yourself. Does WW have a low-carb plan? I thought I read somewhere that they had several choices.
Got thru Wed. just fine with no hunger pangs, but still haven't been able to drink my 8 glasses of water, but will try to do better today.
Sandy-yesterday I had egg-busters (just b/c I still had some), but you can have eggs, canadian bacon (2) v-8 juice (6 oz); lunch was
tossed green salad w/tomatoes, sweet onions, mushrooms; snak
string cheese stick; dinner grilled chicken breast, broc., green salad and for dessert sugar-free jello w/1T ff cool whip. Thought I would be hungry later, but wasn't. Will see if I can find the prevention web-sit for the diet and let you know. What have you been eating? So far, no headaches. Caci
Old 04-10-2003, 09:53 AM   #23

Sandy: try www.prevention.com/links and then where it says "search" type in South Beach Diet. There seems to be lots of information on the diet and many people trying it for the first time. Hope this helps. Caci
Old 04-10-2003, 10:37 AM   #24

As far as I know ww doesn't have a low card diet. I was following the ww plan when I came across the SOBE diet. Last week on WW I lost .6 lb this week 4lbs on SOBE. Have a great day

rebecca
Old 04-10-2003, 01:38 PM   #25

caci- thx! i checked out the prevention site, and it was very helpful. 1/2 way thru day 5, feelin great. need to up the water- got a late start today.
Enjoy- the snow is melting here & its going to be in the 50's.
maybe spring is coming...........
have a terrific day everyone!
Old 04-11-2003, 09:22 AM   #26

On day 5 and still doing well--much better than expected, but the scale keeps calling me, but I am trying to wait until Mon. morning to step on it. Water still my biggest problem, but drank 4 glasses yesterday, so am improving. How is everyone else doing with this? Does anyone know how this one differs from the Sugar Buster's diet? Went to the library to look for Sugar Busters yesterday, but they didn't have one. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:26 AM   #27
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/177/153

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I know this started out as a question but seems to have evolved. I am moving this thread to the Low Carb! Board where more folks will see it and perhaps benefit.

Welcome to the Low Carb Forum! Please post in the daily too so we can welcome you and get to know you better. There is a great group of supportive chicks here. They are also a wee bit crazy but we try to ignore that!
Old 04-11-2003, 04:11 PM   #28

hey everyone!!!
today is day 6 and i must say this isnt as tough as i thought it would be. i believe if your heart/mind is at 100%, you have less to battle with. water is back on track, already had 8 cups, will go for 10.
ruth- thanks for the compliments. we all want to succeed, and the more support the better.
everyone, hang tough over the weekend. know we are all in this together, and log online, if things start getting tough. you will always find words of encouragement here.
sandy
Old 04-13-2003, 09:45 AM   #29

ok girls, where are you????
well, today was weigh in, and the results are........................
I lost 6 lbs, and 5 inches my first week. OMG
i was dancing around when i got off the scale.
god bless SOBE. i start week 2 with even more excitement than the first.
i hope to hear from everyone, how everyone did. its been quiet around here lately.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:59 AM   #30

H everyone. Congratulations Sandy. You should be jumping around and very proud of yourself for your great weight loss. I am still trying to stay away from my scale until tomorrow morning, but almost got on it this morning, but decided I could wait one more day. This diet seems to be easier as time go on, but I am still trying to get my 8 glasses of water in. Hope everyone does well-weekends always seem the most difficult time for me. Keep of the great work Sandy, I am really proud of you!!!!