Old 02-22-2003, 04:42 AM   #1  
Ready!!!

Default Daily chat,Saturday,Feb.22/03

Morning chicks, time to post the last Saturday's words in Feb for/03. Not too much to say today as I couldn't get yesterday post up to read.
I had my two sisters visit last night, that was wonderful. Oldest sister lives in the valley so we don't get to visit often enough.
Well as the thread is started I will check back after work.
Love Tazcat
Oh yea, I havn't lost a pound in Feb.???
Old 02-22-2003, 07:05 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone,

The cold rages on, I can barely speak without scissors in my throat and my ears feel like there's a river running between them. Oh and the stuffy nose. Lots and lots of fun--NOT! Miree had a potty incident last night, the first time ina REALLY long time. Poor thing is sick too and she was really upset so I just cleaned her up as best I could and sent her off to bed. No fun when a single one of us is feeling good. DH took some Neo and crashed right after getting home. So my day is about recovery

And Linda? I haven't lost a stinking pound this month either, but I take comfort in the fact that it isn't going up!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 02-22-2003, 07:22 AM   #3  
she who must be obeyed

Just a quick to everyone

Pooky I hope you and your family feel better..........and soon!

Taz, glad you enjoyed the visit with your sister's.

We have a huge thunderstorm raging as I type. Love the sound of a thunderstorm!

And ladies........there are times when there can be something said for staying the same on the scale. Staying the same is much better than a gain.

Have a great Saturday
Debbie
Old 02-22-2003, 08:12 AM   #4  
workin' my way back down

Good morning Taz, Pooky and Debk, and all else who will follow on this gray, rainy day (but MUCH better than snow!!)

Pooky, sorry you all feel so lousy..... if you come on down I'll make you some of gramma's chicken soup!!

Taz and Debk, staying the same on the scale? That's something I know plenty about........ for about 5 months the scale NEVER moved (well, actually, it kinda fluctuated back and forth between the same 2 lbs, but that doesn't count as movement!!! ) All of a sudden, lately my body seems to be ready to "give it up" - at least a little bit...... out of nowhere I seem to have lost between 3 - 4 lbs this month!!!!! I have FINALLY passed 30 lbs lost (actually it's around 33.5 - 34 lbs YAYYYY!!!) - and remember, I started this woe on 4/15 - talk about a slow loser!! I'm not doing anything different than I have been doing all along (at least I don't think so) - well, actually, maybe I am. For the first 6 months (and I've been doing Atkins "sorta"induction all along, trying to stay around 20 carbs) I never ever ever "cheated".... nothing went in my mouth that was not on Dr A's list of acceptable foods (except for the planned hot dogs WITH buns and beer at Shea Stadium). At the holidays, I "planned" to have a corned beef sandwich and knish........ HOWEVER, I also had a couple of small pieces of cake and M&Ms .... since then I have noticed that it is a little easier for me to slip a bit: I got home really really late from work one night, and was so hungry that I stopped at a deli and got a sandwich, another night I had a serving (and I mean a serving like the box calls a serving!!! ) of pasta and oh yeah, last week we went to an all you can eat Japanese buffet that had tons of wonderfully fresh sushi and hand rolls, etc -- needless to say, I had rice! (I DID stay away from the tempura - do I get points for that? ) (Dottie, this place was near you, up around Carle Place).... little things like that. Now, I'm not saying that anyone else should do this. I'm just wondering if maybe that is what might have "kickstarted" me to lose again... does this make any sense to any of you very smart chickies? With the injury to my back at the beginning of January, I'm not even doing ANY excercise, not even walking! I know I have to do some, but until we figure out what is wrong (and the MRI is scheduled for Monday) I can hardly move, let alone excercise!

Well, that's enough of me ranting for now...... have a good day everyone, and you chickies sharing the east coast with me: try to stay dry!
Old 02-22-2003, 08:45 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Semi-sunny Saturday but a big storm is predicted for tomorrow. yeah! No show handling!

The sauna is nearly all cleared out. I sure worked hard yesterday but did pace myself with coffee breaks and a few water and Spider Solitaire breaks. We celebrated last night with lasagne and I really went off program - Serves 4? Nope! And you can't have lasagne without wine, of course. And then a piece of a big chocolate bar made its way into my mouth. My blood sugar is not good this morning, needless to say. However, no self-flagellation allowed.

I've been reading posts about losing slowly and can't help thinking that we gained it slowly so can't expect it to come off much faster. Our weights crept up a pound or two a month so.....patience is needed.

Rob is expected to come here this morning to lug yard sale stuff for me. Kevin is due "in the forenoon" to measure the sauna and Harry and I are off to Perth to look at a new elegant woodstove. The darn bank account is going to look pretty crappy soon but I'll keep out enough for the trip west. I love spending my kids' inheritance! (And Linda, a visit to see you is definitely part of the itinerary!)

Happy Saturday, chickies, and THINK SPRING except for that cursed Florida chick who keeps teasing me with weather reports!
Old 02-22-2003, 08:46 AM   #6  

Good Rainy Morning!!

Well today is another competition in Columbus-our 2nd and last one this year--(unless we decide to go to Nationals) so I will have to get ODD up shortly and get ready--sooo exciting!

I'm not sure if the scales have moved this month-I will check NEXT friday at 10:30 a.m. then I will post the results--I'm with you SonoGranny--as soon as I let myself "cheat" a little --it did seem a lot easier to eat a potato chip every now and then--I did not cheat at all in Janurary and was not happy with the results, we will see in February if cheating SLIGHTLY now and then worked in my favor or not!

Well--I'm off to enjoy my LEADED coffee!!
I'll check in tomorrow!
Mis
Old 02-22-2003, 09:07 AM   #7  

Yea!!!! Dh got the computer working this morning!!!!! I Missed my friends! I have alot of back reading to do and I still can't get to my mail!!

The little guy was off all week, I still can't hear out of my right ear and dh has been working on the North Jersey wrestling tournament for tomorrow. I have been getting phone calls from people named Vinnie (or the like) from Hoboken (or the like) saying things like, "yo! how ya doin? I can't get my kids to weigh ins cause we have practice!" Where I calmly say, things like, "yo, Vinnie! you dumb shirt...no sense practicing if there is no place for you to wrestle!!!"

If dh volunteers for this job next year, I am going to take out the credit card....I swear I am!!!

How are all of you? I have not seen or talked to Jiff in a few days....she is well? yes?

later! Gosh it is good to have the computer up and working!

peach
Old 02-22-2003, 09:27 AM   #8  

yo, Vinne, how YOU doin'?

Yes, there are men that really do talk that way in Jersey/Brooklyn/Long Island!

Quiet, rainy and dark today, I am a little worried about basement flooding as water is pouring out of the downspout on one side of the house. Otherwise, just a nice day to stay in and do something cozy. My DS lent me a copy of My Big Fat Greek Wedding, so that is planned for this afternoon for sure. And some cooking, maybe some meatballs and sauce. And bread for DH.

That's it. I'll probably come back later to say hi. I head DH stirring from the basement (he worked out and I DIDN"T ) but I DID sleep late which I needed more.

SonoGrammy- I do know that Japanese place, I haven't eated there yet, I'm glad to hear it's good! I live about 1/4 mile from there, in Carle Place! Great shopping, right? I am very close to Fortunoff, walking distance. DH and I will have to try the resaurant soon!

see you later,
dottie

Leens, I think you have great hair!
Old 02-22-2003, 10:10 AM   #9  

Good morning ladies! Overcast and foggy here in NC, but about 60 degrees. There is a forecast for rain, but its not here yet. Almost time to plant some flowers! Sorry, but after living in North Dakota for 7 years (its -17 degrees there today), I like to rub it in.
Hope you all have a great day, and those of you with sick kids, stay strong, mine just went back to school Thursday after being home for a week.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:20 AM   #10  

Thank you Ruth - It's now drizzly and damp. But, my plants need it so I won't complain. I have tulips poking through in my front yard, and some unidentified purple flowers under my picture window.

Mis - I'm originally from the Parkersburg/Marietta area. Panama City is about a hour from where I'm at.

I've lost another 1/2 lb. I don't know how, unless Reese Cup miniatures suddenly became low carb? I'll take it though. I've been really good except at night this week. I'm going to break out the Playstation to keep my hands occupied.

Pooky I hope you feel better. Sleep as much as you can, it will help.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:30 AM   #11  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies!

Dreary day here too, but I'll take it ....its so much better than snow!!

Nettie, I dont blame your for wanting to rub it in....Im from Northern Ontario, where -40 is very common, living in Buffalo is like living in the tropics, and they are really a bunch of wimps here!! Its just snow for pete's sake!.....and its really NOT that cold.

Dyan, flowers popping thru already? I never got my daffodils planted last fall....Im jealous! Congrats on your loss!!

Pooky, feel better! and thats an order!!

Welcome back Peach......I still want to know about those penquin undies!!??

Should be a good day today, we are off to the store in a bit, going to do some remerchandising. Time to take the valentines out of the windows Then Im going to set up a little work space in one window for the furniture making.......what do you think about making furniture in a window? Think it will attract ppl to the store? I hope so, cuz that window gets really HOT when the sun is out!

Then its off to pick out our saturday night movie....watched the banger sisters last week, it was pretty good

Have a great day Ladies, and stay dry
Robin
Old 02-22-2003, 05:02 PM   #12  
Slimwithin

Well, Ruth, maybe YOU gained your weight slowly, but I am and always have been a FAST gainer. Putting on 18 lb in three months isn't exactly a snail's pace is it? That's what I gained in the last quarter of 2002. So far I've only lost 5 of it. I DO expect to lose more quickly, dammit! Especially when I've been OP and have exercised faithfully. And, no my measurements haven't changed either. Phooey! Nuts! @#$#@%$##& *
And just to cut off my nose to spite my fat face, I'm on a chocolate rampage this weekend. I found a box (gift wrapped for Xmas) of booze-filled chocolates and as if that wasn't enough, I've been into the chocolate chips too.
I guess it's just something I have to get out of my system but I'm not proud of it.
Seeing as nobody planned a birthday bash for me I'm ordering in Chinese food tomorrow and my sis and her hubby and hopefully #1 daughter and her family will be here to share it with me. My BD isn't until Tuesday but who has parties on Tuesdays? Who the heck has parties in February! My sis was so lucky to be born in August. She could have outdoor parties and beach parties. Not fair.
Old 02-22-2003, 05:32 PM   #13  

Robin, don't you agree that those -50 degree wind chill winters are like childbirth? It's terrible while its happening, but as soon as it's over you forget how bad it was until it happens again.
Annette
Old 02-22-2003, 07:45 PM   #14  
Old Cackler

well hi there everyone!!! and for the record, i tried calling peachie today, but her line was busy!

my home computer has been down. the darling dog and the darling cat were doing whatever, and knocked the laptop over, destroying the modem. it took me two days to get another one [the gateway store doesn'[t stock computer parts???? does that make sense to ANYONE who owns a gateway????]

ummmm. so now that i've said that what else is there? everyone sounds busy, and either slogging through the snow or the rain. frankly, i'm grateful that it rained and didn't snow! i've really ahd enough. there's no way i'd live in northern ontario in the winter. i'm sure it's lovely, but winter is not for me.

well, if i think of anything more exciting, i'll let ya'll know...
Old 02-22-2003, 07:53 PM   #15  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

-50 or-60 with the wind chill, and warnings about not being outside anymore that 15 min with exposed skin!! Nope, I dont miss it!! BTW, they had warnings about frost bite and the "frigid" -20C (I dont do F very well) last week, I certainly got my giggle out of it