3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Archive (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive-42/)
-   -   Week 7 Results! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-archive/24985-week-7-results.html)

GinaMarie 02-19-2003 09:57 AM

Week 7 Results!

Well. Here I am at the end of my seventh week. I lost one pound for a total of 11. I must admit that I am a bit underwhelmed, but, I really have not been excercising and I have let LC Chocolate bars creep into my lfie. I am also not totally dissappointed either. Would I have liked to have lost 14 pounds in this timeframe, yes... Did I really work so hard at it? No. So there it is...

I am embarking on my 4 week excercise challenge today. I want to walk on my treadmill for 20 minutes 5 times per week. 3 times is the minimum, and 5 is the goal. It's the final I have to get on a plane soon push! I hope it works!

Well how is everyone else doing?
GinaMarie

DonDar 02-19-2003 10:09 AM

GinaMarie,

Do not feel underwelmed! 11 lbs is an admirable loss. You are on the right track. Exercise has become a part of my life and it makes such a difference. I try to get to the gym and do 30 minutes on the eliptical machine and 20 minutes of weight lifting, 5-6 days a week. My weight loss is very stubborn without exercise, so I must include it to loose. So far it has been 32 lbs since last November, with a few steps backward in December.

Good for you!

Ellie120 02-19-2003 10:26 AM

GinaMarie - I think you are doing great! I will let you know how the modified fat fast is going on Friday, that is when I will weigh again. As of Monday, I have lost 6.5 total, including the jump to 173 when I got sick and now 166.5. I have lost inches between 5-6 overall since 1/27 so I am happy with that. I also have not been doing as well as I could have, not cheating, but tried some new recipes and did not count the carbs right. I don't know if you have the same problem or not but the LC Chocolate is made with sugar alcohols and they knock me out of ketosis. I had made some cookies this weekend with Diabetisweet and they were absolutely wonderful :), however, Diabetisweet is a sugar alcohol and aside from knocking me out of ketosis it sent me flying to the bathroom, over 10 trips in all!! Needless to say, I won't be induldging in them for quite awhile. What a shame too, at less than 1 carb per cookie. My goals this week are 1. stick to the modified fat fast, 2. go to the gym 3 times in addition to my after lunch walk, and 3. drink all of my water plus at least 12 more oz.

GinaMarie 02-19-2003 10:42 AM

I will have to check my Ketosis stix tonight. I don't think the sugar alcohol in LC treats knocks me out of Ketosis. It just makes a smaller amount of ketones and thus I lose slower, but that is an interesting point. The stuff I am eating has Malitol in it that does act as a laxative, but with the LC woe, I don't really mind. It has not been that bad... (yet) :lol:
Gina

Ruthxxx 02-19-2003 10:56 AM

Good going, Gina Marie. That's nearly 1.5 pounds a week. A good loss rate!

Wishing 02-19-2003 03:49 PM

I'm rooting for ya! I feel like I've been doing the diet as strictly as one can. No added carbs at all. Idon't know what else to do to make me lose faster. At least you have some options. Well I have to say Icould get out and walk more and I am determining to do that. But as far as food. I am still doing the strictest form of induction possible and am not losing fast enough for me!:( good luck

GinaMarie 02-20-2003 09:43 AM

Thanks for your support everyone! It means a lot to me!
Gina :)