Thumbs down Daily Chat, COOOLLLDDD Fri, Jan 24th

starting us up, back in a minute

have a cup, it's hot and strong!!
Old 01-24-2003, 07:04 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday, January 24 - TGIF!

Coffee is ready so everybody up! I can do Canadian bacon and eggs this morning or strawberry shakes. I'll post my simple and yummy new shake later.

Today I am off to work a noon hour Bingo! My wrists are finally healed enough but I AM going to take it easy. Thank the Lord it's not snowing this morning - I drove in snow all day yesterday for the Doc and the eye man. I am getting pretty tired of this Ruthie Roadrunner stuff. Tomorrow I need to go to Kingston yet again to pick up my refurbished vacuum cleaner head. I may also check out wallpaper to repair the wall Lucy un-decorated. Maybe I should take her along so I'm sure she likes it!

I hope everyone has a great TGIF! Back later.

P.S. Didn't need new glasses, Doc changed my meds a bit, BP was 110/70!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2003, 07:05 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Posting at the same time. I'll merge mine with yours.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:07 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

OOPS!!

Sorry Ruth. Thanks for merging the two!!
Old 01-24-2003, 07:15 AM   #5  

you two are merging?????

You MUST be cold!!

peach
Old 01-24-2003, 07:18 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Throw a pail of water over us if you are offended, OK? ROFLOLPIMP!
Old 01-24-2003, 07:33 AM   #7  
she who must be obeyed

Okay, this cold stuff must come to an end!!

Robin, I'm so sorry to hear about your friends. There are times when life is so unfair.

Teaki, good to see you again. Hope the DIL is on the mend.

Dyan........she didn't know!!! I have heard of that, but for me, I just knew. I'm one of the women who just love being PG. Never threw up once with any of my 3 kids and I feel like a million bucks. If I had not had the snip of the tubes when daughter was born, I know we would have another one.

I need some prayers for my friend Jenny. After losing Valerie last week to breast cancer, Jenny is in the midst of her own breast cancer scare. I'm taking her Monday for a aspiration (sp) on her breast.........they can see something but can't determine what it is. Needless to say she is very scared. Jenny is the RN who supported my hubby and I during my long hospital stay. If he couldn't be at the hospital, she was there with me.

Ruth, I tried the protein drink that Jiff uses, it's the EAS Myoplex, low-carb. Honestly it's not bad......pricey, but not bad.

Well, off to get the day started.

Bundle up all
Debbie

Last edited by debkay; 01-24-2003 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:35 AM   #8  
she who must be obeyed

peachie, peachie, peachie.........behave!!
Old 01-24-2003, 08:17 AM   #9  

TGIF!

Ruthie, Deb, and Peachie, looks like we are getting a little too crazy on this Friday morn with all this merging business! Be careful and be sure to use turn signals!

Warming up here, it is already up to 12 F!

Planning on a quiet weekend, with nothing but a Superbowl party Sunday night.

Ruthie ~ will be sending Hershey a message today!

Robin ~ So sorry about your friends, hugs and prayers to you and their families. Sounds like a job my brother would love, he is a terrestrial scientist (love that title) he does a lot of animal count work for environmental impact studies.

Dyan ~ I want to know more about the gal who just had a baby without knowing she was pg! How is it physiologically possible to have periods during pregnancy? WOW! Amazing!

Deb ~ Prayers for your friend Jenny.

Teaki ~ Welcome back hope your dil makes a speedy recovery!

Jif ~ Any word on that job?

Have a great op weekend.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:13 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Dolly's

Deb....Prayers are being sent

Oh TG its Friday, what a loooong week. Finally today, lunch time is MINE, and no running out in this cold to do erands I don't wanna do this weekend.

All I want to do is get in my jamies and watch a good movie..burrr. I do not plan on running out this weekend, my house needs a major work over (cleaning and decorating) so thats what I'll be doing. You see, if I decorate in bright spring colors and such, it will make the summer come quicker No ? haaaaaaaaa !

Monday is my 13th Wedding Anniversary, pheeeeeeew. I just pray the Good Lord gives us at least another 50 more together.

Have a blessed weekend all and enjoy the Stupidbowl oh sorry I mean Superbowl

Love, Leenie

Who has the urge to merge ? am I in the right place
Next thing you know they will be in the mood to run around nude.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:26 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Tee Hee! A titter ran through the crowd! Was that me in nothing but the metal bra? Nope, it's me in frozen boobs! It is so cold in this house this morning, I'm afraid to take a bath!
Old 01-24-2003, 09:31 AM   #12  

In the mood to run around nude?? I don't know about your house Leenie, but it is a lot to cold here!!BRRRrrrrrrI would freeze my beheeebies off!!

I posted last night--then this #$$%#computer froze--so it was a no go! Is there anything in this world right now that is not cold??

Got a great recipe yesterday for a dessert--I'm going to try it today and then I will post it if it turns out as good as the one I had at a freinds yesterday--just thing peanuts--sf white chocolate pudding-cream--I'm telling you it was to die for!

My freind just could not understand how I am on 3rd week of induction--exercising--and in constant high ketosis--and not seeming to shed lots of weight----it's a mystery!

DebKay~You know where my prayers will be--gives me shivers just thinking of her.

Well, my girls are home on a two-hour delay--so after I finally get the oldest out I think I will jump on that blasted treadmill and sweat something off!!

See ya--
mis
Old 01-24-2003, 10:08 AM   #13  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies

Debbie, my thoughts for your friend Jenny.

Its been very quiet around here, and at the store. I think its too cold for the shoppers to hit the main street. They are all at the mall. Oh well, pray for sunshine and warm weather to bring out the shoppers.

We have been looking into prices at the malls for storefronts....but the $5000 per month price tag has cured us of our curiousity. So.....its time to do some creative thinking and planning We knew Jan, Feb and Mar were going to be really quiet, but not so quiet that NOBODY comes in the store. On the bright side...it cant possibly get any quieter

Hope everyone has a good day
Robin
Old 01-24-2003, 12:28 PM   #14  

Here's the scoop on Holly: Her Dr. says that it's not all that uncommon for younger women to not know they are pg until very late into the pregnancy. I personally know 4 girls this has happened to. (Not urban myths, these are actual friends and relatives.) In each case the girl had lighter periods, but their cycles weren't extremely regular anyway. In the case of another cousin, she actually had tests done that said she wasn't pg. They had her in for all sorts of tests to find out what was wrong with her, and (Thyroid problems they thought) when her water broke in the Drs. office while waiting for the thyroid test they finally figured it out. None of these girls gained a lot of weight, and they were all young (18-22). That might have something to do with it?

BTW - TOM finally got here. Not pg.

Gotta go back to work - just taking a sanity break.
Old 01-24-2003, 04:16 PM   #15  
Slimwithin

Good afternoon, Chicks. I see you all have your feathers fluffed up to keep warm in the henhouse. I'm even feeling a bit chilly today even though our temps are above freezing. It's just a gloomy, drizzly day out there. Not sure I want to actually "merge" with anyone though. Ruth, isn't that metal bra a bit chilly for the weather you're having?

I dragged myself off to the pool this morning and managed to put in a good 40 minute water jogging workout. Did some water weight lifting (more like pressing) too. I have a sore shoulder today and thought the weight work would help but I've had to take pain killer since. Darn.

I forced myself to stay off the scale today even though it's been a week since my last WI. I want to give it two weeks OP. I've been pretty good although I did get a bit carried away with macadamia nuts yesterday.

I've been drinking cocoa lately instead of coffee in the morning and even had one last night. I mix 1 tbsp of cocoa (plain) with 1/4 cup of heavy cream and 2 tsp Splenda then fill cup to nearly full with water. Nuke until very hot. Stir and nuke again for a bit. Top with artificially sweetened whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon. Really yummy and only about 4 carbs per cup. A filling chocolate fix and sure beats a cold shake on these chilly mornings.

I'll be looking for the promised recipes you Chicks. I'm craving something different and don't know what I want.