Old 12-30-2002, 09:01 PM   #1  

Default I'm sorry to be such a pain in the rear.

But something i'm just not getting on this protein thing i guess.

So today i restarted introduction again. Here's what gets me about the protein, if meat, cheese, fish is protein, Then why is it that when i log my food's on fit day it always show's it to increase my fat's For some reason i'm just not comprhending this? Or am i doing something wrong with my fitday?

Here is what i ate today & the what fitday show's me

B, 2 fried eggs 4 strips of bacon & 2c coffee

L, 5 oz burger, 1 oz cheese, 2 oz cucumbers, 1.5 romaine lettus, 2 Tbs ranch dressing & 1 Tbs mayo.

D, 6 oz Prime Rib, 1 c string beans, 1 pat butter.

S, 1 c Broccoli

My fitday came out like this:

Total; 1642

Grams Cals %Total

Fat 121 1086 68%

Sat 43 386 24%

Poly 7 65 4%

Mono 34 304 19%

Carbs 18 48 3%

Fiber 6 0 0%

Protein 116 465 29%

Sorry to be such a pain, I just need to understand what & where i'm going wrong here.

Thanks so very much for your time on this.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:07 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

your calories are just where you want them to be 1600 range!

the protein is wonderful 116

the carb is fantastic as 18 then subtract the fibver for 12 total ecc! so do not change a thing you are doing great!
Old 12-30-2002, 09:13 PM   #3  
Senior Chicky

Thumbs down Hon-you're not at all being a pain! That's what this board is about!

Questions, info and hopefully questions answered by these wonderful and wise chicks.

Now, much of what you've listed, please remember - much of the protein we eat is high in fat.

Awww, just read Sues post. As she said-you caloric count, etc looks good. Don't let the fat count scare you.

If you want to cut back a bit on the fat-look at more fish/poultry - but I agree with Sue-looks like you're doing great!!

J
Old 12-30-2002, 09:34 PM   #4  
Doing This For My Future!

Chucky
I too am having a hard time accepting the fat count, but as it says in the book, and the great gals say on the board, it is okay! My levels are about the same as yours..I get about 131g protein and 117g fat..and that was scary..but Im losing weight! Just keep it up, and you will be fine!
Old 12-31-2002, 12:01 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

chuckie.. the only reason we're suggesting cutting the fat is because you've been stalled for months. once you get off the plateau, don't worry so much about the fat.

and one thing about red meat: ounce for ounce, there are better sources of protein. more bang for the mouthful, so to speak. so, go have some fish, lobster, clams, whatever,. and dip everything in lemon butter.
Old 12-31-2002, 08:28 AM   #6  

Thank you so much for your help, you have been very helpful
The reason i restarted the introduction is because ,I felt that maybe i was doing it wrong for some time now.
Even though i did lose when i first started a few months ago, then i stopped keeping my own log & i think i just got a little careless with the amount's of what i eating. ( But i never went back to eating sugar or flour. ) My biggest set back was peanut's & Atkins bar's . So i figure that by going back to introduction this time all nut's being ban from the house & no Atkins bar's.

Now if i'm not home ti weigh or to measure, I don't eat it. If I have to pack a little something to hold me over at least i know it's been weighed or measured , and logged into my fitday.

Thank you all so very much for all your help on this.

Happy New Year
Old 12-31-2002, 01:44 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

yep!!! gotta watch the carbs in the nuts!!

and chuckie.. you're not thinking of leaving us are you??? we'd be CRUSHED!!!!
Old 12-31-2002, 02:10 PM   #8  

Only thing I'd consider changing is to swap some of the beef products for chicken or pork. These products are usually lower in fat. Of course, they are sometimes more expensive, but I'd rather pay higher grocery bills now than higher health care cost later. LOL
Old 12-31-2002, 03:14 PM   #9  

Oh no i'm not at all thing of leaving, You girls are a Great wealth of info here. I just want to make sure that i'm doing everything right .

I will start eating more fish & chicken, We have a meat market not far from where i live. And it has the best beef i've ever had. I should be eating more fish & chicken.

And all nut are ban from my home for right now, Only exception's are a few friend who are nut's them self.

Hope everyone has a Safe & Happy New Year
Old 12-31-2002, 04:12 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheesh, Chuckie - after that last co9mment you'll fit in here fine!
See you on the daily sometime.
Old 01-01-2003, 01:10 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hey watch those atkins bars!! girl those "uncontable" carbs that the have can send anybody in a tail spin if they are sensitive. save them for emergencies only!!! and i am nuts does that mean i can come over?
Old 01-01-2003, 01:57 PM   #12  
Senior Chicky

I'm definately going nuts - can I come too?????

Old 01-02-2003, 11:29 AM   #13  

Sure the more the marrier.