Old 12-26-2002, 11:56 PM   #1  

Default Day 11, I almost blew it yesterday;

Hi all, Well I can't believe it, I will be hitting my 2 week mark soon. It has generally been going pretty well, but yesterday we went to our daughters house for Christmas. Everything was wonderful, and I sampled a little of everything. By the time we got home I wasn't sure if I was going to continue to LC or not. I really think if I'd of had room in my tummy, I'd have gone on a carb for all. I'm like an alcoholic and once I get a taste I cannot stop. I got on and emailed my LC buddy, and she was able to talk me thru this episode. This morning my husband pleaded with me to get back on program, that is something for him to notice. Today has been better, I haven't had the urge to cheat, and my reason has returned. I should be over the hump, we never do anything for New Years anyways. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, Judy
Old 12-27-2002, 08:27 AM   #2  

Hi Judy,
Yes, I know the feeling you describe. It's like - once the floodgates are open, forget it. I think there is wisdom to the way Atkins instructs us to add carbs to the diet - in limited quantities and only certain kinds, i.e. nuts, beans, berries, some whole wheat products. These foods don't lead to that 'I gotta have it' feeling. Rather they balance things out appropriately.

Good luck in getting back on the bandwagon, and this is an interesting experiment for you to realize just how much power carbs can have!! Yesterday I ate low carb all day and then in the evening had Stouffers French bread pizza. I felt crappy after that!! I'm trying to get back on the bandwagon myself (will do so for sure on Jan. 2) but in the meantime I'm trying to stay away from carbs as much as I can.
Old 12-28-2002, 12:25 AM   #3  
Doing This For My Future!

I know that feeling all too well! I am having the same problems. Too much sweet stuff in the house still after Christmas. Tomorrow the fudge goes to work with me, so that I cannot be tempted to eat anymore of it. I feel so much better when Im on plan! Tomorrow first thing, starts with me back on LC..none of this other stuff..Im tired of it!!
Old 12-28-2002, 01:13 AM   #4  

Isn't it amazing how headachey, and tired you feel after indulging in all those sweets. I have been strictly adhering to the program since Christmas. I've done pretty good except today I was tired all day. You know taking your goodies to work is a good strategy, I did that with some christmas cookies my neighbor brought in. I sent them to work with Bob my husband. His office coworkers enjoyed the treat, and I didn't have to be tempted. Thankyou for your support both of you, it means alot. ((In Health)) Judy