Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default Wednesday, DECEMBER 18th!!!!!

Starting up....
Old 12-18-2002, 07:29 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning...
busy busy. I am sorry I have been MIA. I had surgery 10 days ago and it takes all of my energy to get through my day somtimes.
I am in full swing except the exercise. After Christmas i will be allowed to get back to it.

First coffee with the girls and a little holiday exchange. I made salt scub for them, I hope they like it.

Today I take 20 kids from school to little man's birthday party. He is so excited....me too, we will have a total of 23 kids bringing a toy to be donated to toys for tots. I had t shirts made for the kids instead of gooddy bags and I have to get the cake.

My good friend is being sworn into supirior court as a judge today. I will miss it but I am sending DH. I wish I could be there, but alas my boy is turning 6.....

have a good day, be well and take a second for yourself today.
ps I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday!

-L
Old 12-18-2002, 08:12 AM   #3  

Good Wednesday Morning!

My dinner party was a success! It is always difficult to plan a menu and feed friends, never knowing if they will enjoy it. I love my friends and wish them the best as our merging company's sort out peoples lives.

Meowna, my prayers are with you, I do not think it is fair, adoptive parents should have rights too!

Ruth, loved that pawdicure line! I am glad you are being careful with that wrist!

L, glad you are feeling better, I do not remember you have surgery.

Happy Wednesday gang!
Old 12-18-2002, 08:53 AM   #4  

A quick hello!

I think!

I am sitting here with two cups of 1/4 full cups of coffee...how did that happen? You know that forward that says "congratulations! you have reached the end of the internet!"? I wish that would happen with laundry. It is getting on my last nerve.

I'll try and come back later...I have this overwhelming need to write and purge my stress....apologies in advance! Is there a writer's anonymouse?

hohoho
peach
Old 12-18-2002, 08:56 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Drive-by post......

L144 - glad to see you back. I didn't realize your operation would cramp your style that much. Continue with the speedy recovery.

Dondar, I imagine the dinner food was lovely but the best thing is the company of friends around the table.

Off for as pre-Christmas perm today and am dragging DH along to town, telling him he needs to do shopping! After the perm we will "do lunch" at Eastside Mario's - this will be a CALP day with a reward meal at noon. Then Bulk Barn shopping for Christmas cooking stuff and home. Uncle Rob is going to pop in to check Lucy around noon - she loves that guy because he goes out in the yard with her and runs and plays like an idiot! Fun! Fun! Fun!

We may get the lights on the tree today - on the other hand.......

Have a good Hump Day, Chickies to Come.

Peachie - you snuck in on me. Drink the two mugs of coffee - you'll be fine. Come back and start a Stress Anonymous thread or dump it in here. I hope your day calms down.
Old 12-18-2002, 08:58 AM   #6  

Good Morning L and Jenny and all those to come!

I have to finish wrapping the candy flowers for the teachers and I am going to drop them off today. I realized this moring that all the parents are going to be bringing something in on Friday and unless I want my gift to be lost in the shuffle I'd better bring it in early. I may also make my way to head office to drop some cards off for the girls there and that way I won't have to lug them over to the board meeting tomorrow (gasp!) night.

Good news on the water issue--it seems our ever thoughtful (yeah, right) government has diecded it is in it's best interest to extend the water compliance deadline till June 2003--meaning we can keep the drop in centers open! There were 6 scheduled to close due to the water problems (all due to the outcome of Walkerton--a poor Ontario town that suffered a huge outbreak of e-coli bacteria in the town's drinking water--11 people died and basically forced the resignation of our premier (kind of like a governor) ) Now we have new laws that have to be enforced and that means every rinky dink town has to have compliance with all their public facilities by 2004. We had to comply early since we have kids in the programs we offer. Well I could go on and on about it but I swear this was the biggest source of stress for me, potentially closing down programs for kids and laying people off just before Christmas! A HUGE sigh of relief for me...

Gotta run, my SIL just called

Have a good one!
Old 12-18-2002, 09:48 AM   #7  
Big Loser

Good morning ladies!! Thanks for the warm welcome back!!! Reading all of your posts mkaes me tired...

I am at work today, going to leave early and get what I need to get finished, finished.....have to make goody trays for the security guards and secretarys, finish shopping, start wrapping..oh my!!

The good news is I lost 2.6 lbs last week!!!! Hurray!!!!

Just found out my sis in law is having a baby - she left her husband last summer - they are back together no but she is not sure who the father is...I get so freakin annoyed with people...especially totally irresponsible ones.

Talk to you all altr, I need to at least act like I am working!!!
Old 12-18-2002, 11:18 AM   #8  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Morning!

Had a busy day yesterday, appts and such, so will be home today with babe. We have been exposed to strep throat, YIKES.... am counting the days to see if and when it will strike.

Did not get any wrapping done yesterday, gotta do some today.

Spoke to our Lawyer yesterday and feel more confidant now about the adoption, it will happen, this is only a minor glitch, the time factor is a big part of it (2 yrs in our care). So I will still say my prayers and thank God for every day I have with him. I still don't have my christmas tree up, my family is in shock, I am usually the first to have mine up (end of Nov)!! Both dh and I feel too much emotional stuff right now. I will try to get it up soon, as there is not much time left now is there?

Other than that all is well, sky looks like it is gonna clear today. Can someone send a LITTLE snow for next week pls. Grass is still green, saw buds on the liliac shrubs green ones yet!!! Too weird.

Have a nice day
Old 12-18-2002, 05:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Good afternoon ladies! Wow, what a day at work. Suprise visits from 2 big bosses, we thought they were going to gang up on us. Turns out, neither knew the other would be there. Signals crossed?? Anyway, after that drama, it was a pretty mundane day. Hope you all had a great one, too.

Going to dish up the stew, it's been cooking all day and it smells wonderful in here. Can I eat a couple of the potatoes, pleeeeeeese???? I promise, I'll exercise later! Ya'll have a good one, see you in the a.m.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:37 PM   #10  
WW Moderator

Good evening, ladies! I've had such a long day with work and taking Cody shopping for Rob. I was ready for bed an hour ago!
I need to try and get my living room straightened up so I can put some exercise equipment in there. Also, Cody has a punching bag for TaeKwonDo that will need to go in there. Whew, dunno where I am going to fit all of this!

This week stinks for diets. We are having lunch brought in every day this week, and I am the one that is planning it and picking it up for everybody. Today was pizza, tomorrow is barbecue, Friday is lasagna from Olive Garden...what a bad week for dieting. I'm doing pretty good, but I am not doing as well as I should be!

Sleep well all! I am going to the living room to enjoy my lights. I have a picture window full of icicle lights and the glow is so warm and cozy.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:18 AM   #11  
Slimwithin

I guess 10:20 pm is a bit late to get in on the morning coffee klatch, huh?
I had a busy, busy day. My sis and her hubby will be leaving Sunday to spend the holidays with their son and his family so we had a get-together here today. I started out early morning making dinner rolls, an apple/cranberry crisp and some home made vanilla ice cream to go with it. Put the roast beef in garlic/cracked pepper marinade, cleaned brussel sprouts, peeled spuds, made Greek tomato salad (for Greek BIL who ended up not eating any of it the bum ) It turned out that they had gone out to lunch with our aunt and uncle and ate too much so even by 6:30 when I had the roast beef and yorkshire puds ready they still weren't very hungry. Don't you just hate it when you go to all that trouble and people don't do it justice? Everything turned out just wonderfully too. The beef was lovely and tender, the gravy was perfect and the yorkshire puddings didn't flop right away. Oh well, I had a nice visit with my sis which is the main thing, right?
Anyhow, I didn't have a chance to get on the computer all day. Now I'm just wiped and just want to put my feet up.
Diet??? That's a four letter word.