Old 10-24-2002, 06:20 AM   #61  

Angry Hello everyone...

We didn't get very much snow. Parts of the state got about 6". That's ok...they can have it.

mauvisroux, I'm glad that you got to see Greek Wedding and that you liked it. It was a good movie. A couple more "chick-flicks" to see are The Banger Sisters and Sweet Home Alabama.

Jennifer, which Leslie Sansone tapes do you have? I have Walk Away the Pounds... 1 mile, 2 mile, & 3 mile walk w/weighted balls. I am doing the 2 mile walk working my way up to the 3 mile walk. I love them. I have a library of her walking tapes.

Kay, has your snow melted yet? I really think Oct. is way..way..too early for snow yet. We haven't even raked our leaves...there aren't that many to rake yet.

ANNE, walking a mile is great...it's nice getting outside when the weather is nice. Do you have a program in your computer that you could try to enlarge the photo of Mick?

nikkic, I got Swarzbein's books yesterday. Her eating plan sounds good...but I'm not sure if it is for me either. What I do like is she advocates eating "real" food and eating 15-20 gm. carbs with meals and as snacks. I also got her cookbook which has fabulous recipes which I want to try because I'm trying to get away from hydrogenated oils. They are in everything even the broth I use to make soup.

I'm off later this morning for my weekly date with a GF. This week we're having lunch and shopping afterwards. Have to work of my lunch I'm dying for fried clams...so I've saved my points for it.

Take care and enjoy the day. Aleka
Old 10-24-2002, 06:35 AM   #62  

Hi everyone,
DD #1 and I went to the mall yesterday. I ended up at Waldens Books and bought Atkins new cookbook, acomplete vitamin and supplement guide andUltimate Low-carb Diet Cookbook. I've got Schwarzbeins Cookbook too, but I've yet to look at it. So now I have a pile of books to get through, it's going to be fun.
Aleka, I make my own broth and I've got several bags frozen in the freezer. I'll have to start looking for the hydrogenated oils. I make a lot of stuff I didn't use to and probably have to start making more things from scratch too.
We also went to the movie The Ring. It's a horror/thriller/suspense. Really kind of scarey, but also kind of long and drawn out. After we saw it, I wish I hadn't.
Then out to dinner, I finally found something I can order and not have to explain it to the waitress. The local restaurant has a taco salad they serve in a bowl instead of a shell and it doesn't have any chips on top. And it was good.
Later, Nikki
Old 10-24-2002, 08:39 AM   #63  

I am very curious about the low carb diet, I am positive that I am addicted to carbs, NO JOKE!!! You say that there is all kinds of info on the web, because I do not have the first clue where to look, I am going to check this site more but if you could steer me in some kind of direction that would be great.

I am 37 years old married with two boys 18 and 13, so no excuse that this weight is baby fat anymore, and recently I have reached my highest weight of 202lbs and I am 5'7". I can't even stand typing that. I can pack away a loaf of bread myself in one day and am totally disgusted with myself, but that does not seem to stop me from pigging right out, and I am begging for help and support and this seems to be a good place to start. But I do not even know, besides the bread all the other carbs that I must be consuming. That is how little that I know.

Thanks for your thread.

Mis Chick
Old 10-24-2002, 08:53 AM   #64  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mis Chick - check out the rest of the Low Carb Lifestyle Forum as well as the Freestyle thread. There is lots of support and info here.

If you go to the home page www.3fatchicks.com , there is a whole section which discusses low carb diets. You can also do a web search on "low carbohydrate diets" and will find tons of info.

Then come back here and start a new thread with your questions.

Good luck but rely on research and skill.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:29 AM   #65  
WW Moderator

Aleka, I have the Walking away the pounds for Abs. It has the waist band with rubber bands and handles on it. Most of my excess weight is in my stomach so I have high hopes of improvement with these!

Welcome Misery Chick! Many of us here can relate to what you say. It was nice meeting you, hope to hear from you more!
Old 10-24-2002, 09:58 AM   #66  

Angry Hi,

Welcome Misery Chick I can also relate to what you are going through. Bread is one weakness among others, that I have. If you go to www.lowcarb.ca/ to the left it says something about comparing different low carb plans. Click onto that you can compare. Also, if you want, go into www.ivallage.com and click onto their Diet & Weight loss, there is a box that says Diets A-Z, you just scroll down to view whichever woe you'd like to look at. They give you pros & cons of each diet. Looking forward to your posts.

Jennifer...ME TOO!!!! Most of my weight is in my stomach. I have relatively thin legs and arms...and a big gut I never used to have big hips and rear, but from years of yo-yo dieting some of the weight settled there. Let me know how the toning belt works for you.

Last edited by aleka; 10-24-2002 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:03 AM   #67  

Hello Mis Chick,
I know how bad you feel. We've all felt like that. Your making a positive step in the right direction by wanting to do something different in your life. You just have to find the right plan for you and go for it. It's possible and you can do it. I started at 274 lbs. and I'm now at 254, I'm 5'9". I wish I was your weight, I would be a lot closer to my goal. But I'm going to make it and so can you. Believe in yourself.

Here a few websites I like
http://forum.lowcarber.org/
go to the support forum. This site discusses all the low carb plans, has a lot of info and there are a lot of people there that can give you insights into what plan they are following. It's probably the biggest low carb site I've seen so far.

http://www.atkinsfriends.com/
go to the bulletin board. It's primary Atkins, but they do other things there too. Lots of good recipes on this site.

www.suzannesomers.com
The sommersizing site. There are tons of great recipes here and support if your sommersizing.

http://atkinscenter.com/
This is the site for the atkins plan. If you want to know what the plan is, just keep reading here. You won't even have to buy the book, unless you want to.

And of course this site, my favorite. I love the support and friendship here. I have always found support and acceptance here. So start reading, choose a plan and we'll be here if you need any help, ok?
Talk to you later, Nikki
Old 10-24-2002, 10:07 AM   #68  

Aleka,
I clicked on the ivallage site and got an adult only, hanky panky site. Are you sure this is what you use for lowcarbing? Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 10-24-2002 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:55 AM   #69  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Umm...I think that should be ivillage
Old 10-24-2002, 05:23 PM   #70  

Talking

OOPS! Sorry.... It should be www.ivillage.com
Old 10-24-2002, 06:35 PM   #71  

Aleka,
Thanks for the good laugh, it was unexpected. Nikki
Old 10-24-2002, 07:34 PM   #72  

Good Evening Ladies
Hope you are all doing well. I am feeling pretty miserable myself.
I am experiencing major problems with my monthly.

I am now on day 16 with no sign of stopage. I think it has
something to do with menopause symptoms creeping in.

I don't want to take hormones nor do I want surgery. I guess
I am just hard to please. I was told to get my gallbladder out
14 years ago and I still have one. I was reading a whole lot
of posts on a menopause site and put my own problem to
the ladies and I was floored at how many people have had
the same type of problem. They were teasing me by saying
"and you thought menstral irregularities meant your cycles
would get shorter right? HA!" Oh well, enough of my sad story.

Diet is going well, though I am probably eating more than I
should of what I a allowed because I a feeling sorry for myself.

Oh Well!! At least it is Friday tomorrow.

Anne.
Old 10-25-2002, 05:37 AM   #73  

Angry It's Friday!!!

Honestly, I don't know where the week has gone. They seem to go by faster for some reason.

Shopping went well yesterday. Neither one of us bought very much. Each time we shop we see who outspends who. This week I outspent her, so I don't know if I won or lost.

I have another busy day today. Another GF has to go to the hosp. for an out-patient procedure and I'm going to drive her to the hosp. this morning and wait around until her DH is able to get there. That way if she's able to go home before he can get there I can drive her home.

nikkic, well...you piqued my curiosity so I went into the site, just to their home page. OMG It did add a little "spice" to your day

ANNE, I hope you're feeling better. I don't miss the TOM the least bit.

Hi mauvisroux, Jennifer, ace, Kay, Misery Chick, nugget, Su, & Ruth (I hope I didn't leave anybody out)

I hope you all have a great weekend. Aleka
Old 10-25-2002, 08:48 AM   #74  

Good morning everyone,
I'm feeling stiff this morning and have to get in there and exercise. Has anyone tried the firm and if so what do you think? I've been thinking about getting their tapes and stepper to add a little variety and also it will exercise different muscles. I'm now up to 20 min. daily on the gazelle and also 20 min. daily on the abdoer plus I do hand weights 2-3 times a week. I bought a pilates tape, but I can't stand the instructor on the tape, even with the sound off, so I'll put that in the exercise tape file. There are a lot of exercise tapes in there, unless I tossed them out.

Anne, I hope your doing better. Have you been to the Dr. for a check up? Even if it is the big M, you might have blood work done and make sure your not low on iron. I haven't started to go down that road yet, but I won't be long behind, since we're the same age.

Hope eveyone is doing well this morning. Aleka, I love to shop too. And it shows on my Master Card. The thing is

Take care, Nikki
Old 10-25-2002, 08:49 AM   #75  
WW Moderator

Misery Chick, for some more low carb breakdowns, look on our low-carb-page in development.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/lowcarb/

It is a work in progress, but there are some excellent summaries on the page, written by forum members. Look to the right side and you will see the diets to read about.

Hello everybody else! I hope you all are having a nice Friday! I will be so glad for the weekend...won't exactly be much of one, I work tomorrow and in the middle will take a break to bring Cody to his first TaeKwonDo tournament. Eeek! I'm more nervous than he is!

Ok, gotta dash, I have a Gazelle and a rug to buy!