Old 10-19-2002, 12:07 PM   #31  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I am soooo envious! Maybe I can see them when they do the Montreal show.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:25 PM   #32  

Anne, that's so neat. I'm glad you had such a great time. It does make a person feel better when you see guys that are closing in on 60 and their still so cool.
And a double bonus, losing 5 lbs. that's just wonderful. See, you didn't need to feel anxious about your woe, it's still working great!
Nikki
Old 10-20-2002, 03:17 PM   #33  

Hi All!

You guys tire me out just reading this thread! I love the fact that I can peek a bit at so many different activities just by coming here. Poor you, all I did was buy new cat boxes and some utility shelves! But a cleaner house, whoopee! That's a big deal to me.

I made it to 15 lbs down this Saturday!! Just a .4 loss this week though. I didn't eat as much soup, and I probably didn't get as much water this week. Back to fine tuning the effort this coming week. I do see that I have so much more energy, so that is a great present to myself. I also gave myself a cast iron dutch oven for my 15 lb marker

Aleka, Vermont sounds so very lovely! You'll have to go more places and give us 'tours'. I really felt like I had seen the place with your description.

Anne, The Stones! Wow! It's incredible that you were right there! It makes me feel good to see them perform now, I don't want to stop the boogie just because I'm older (not counting the fact I never really could dance that well!)

Nikki- I hope you are all better now. What a miserable time. Do you think it was food poisoning? Anyway, its good to see you recover. Wow, 2 years getting over this foot business! Congratulations on your tremendous accomplishment. I worked in rehab for years, so I have some idea of the emotional costs involved! You've done so very well!

Hi Ruth and Kay!! I hope the weekend is going very well!
Mauvaisroux- did you finally get to the movie? I loved it, but I haven't gone to any others since. I'll have to break down and go soon.
Jennifer, You're really running. Hope you had a break this weekend.

Karin- I'm near Atlanta, and never want to leave again I do love this town, even if it is crazy sometimes. I do pretty well with the WW points and LC because I let myself have the sausage with the eggs, or things like that. I also don't try to go completely on LC and will have some full fat treats now and again. I count them, but I find I can concentrate on the rest of life and not my stomach when I let myself have them now and again. I just hope it keeps on working.

See you all soon! Su
Old 10-20-2002, 06:13 PM   #34  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Evening everyone!

I had a great weekend. I went out for chinese food with some friends on Friday and then out for drinks. It was fun just to sit around a Martini lounge in comfy chairs and just chat and catch up with the girls.

Aleka-sounds like you had a great trip

AnneD-glad you had a good time at the concert.

Nikki- hope your are feeling better today! :

Jennifer- hi! Hope your are doing well, sounds like you are pretty busy.

SuGeorgia- Congartulations on the 15 lbs I might try to see BFGW sometime this week.

Hi Kay and Nugget, hope you had a good weekend.
Old 10-21-2002, 06:34 AM   #35  

Angry A good Mon. morning to you all.....

I hope you all had a good weekend. I was just into SS website. If you scroll down in the Forum section, click on With General Questions, scroll down to the topic "Gaining while being legal", click on that topic, and the 2nd post down is a great read. She posted an exerpt of a book, "The Secret to Low Carb Success! How to Get the Most Out of Your Low Carb Diet" by Laura Richard. It really makes perfect sense. Now I know why SSzing didn't work for me....I wasn't patient enough! I have printed it out so that I can have it on hand to read whenever I am in a stalling period.

mauvaisroux, glad that you had a good "girls night out". That's a lot of fun.

Su, congratulations on the weight loss 15 lb. gone . I'm hoping that tomorrow will be my 5 lb. mark That's great getting something for yourself at your 15 lb. marker.

ANNE D, I am so glad you had a good time at the Stones concert. Congratulations on your weight loss

Jennifer, it was nice hearing from you. You really do sound busy!

nikkic, that's great you're feeling better. The only good thing about being sick is the weight you lose Ya, Swarzbein is more restrictive than SSzing even though you don't food combine. From what I've been reading on the SSzing boards is that Swarzbein's plan is more like level 2.

Hi Ruth....

Take care and have a great day. Aleka
Old 10-21-2002, 07:17 AM   #36  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hmmmm - Schwartzbein - I've been reading it too. Could someone post the URL for Somercizing so I can take a boo at that too? Thanks.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:49 AM   #37  

Angry Ruth,

Here is the URL www.suzannesomers.com
Old 10-21-2002, 11:26 AM   #38  

Hi everyone,
Aleka, thank you so much for pointing that out. I already posted this on that thread, but I gained 5 lbs this morning. Ok, I've had 2 illegal meals in a row, but I didn't think it would equal 5 lbs. I've been getting smaller and feeling so good. The exercise is easier and I'm doing more of it. I just about fell off the scales when I saw that I'd gained 5 lbs. over night. So you came to my rescue today by directing me to that post.
I wasn't planning on cheating. The first meal was at our favorite mexican restaurant and I get so tired of trying to explain to waitresses what to leave off my plate. Besides this one really couldn't speak english and my spanish is limited to si, senor. So I decided I'd just eat regular food. The next day, we planned on eating at a buffet, but it was so crowded, we couldn't get in and I'd already gone 7 hours without eating and I was starving. We went to family style restaurant that I knew I could stay legal at and they were swamped. We ended up at Taco Johns and they were busy. I didn't really know what to get, so I had illegal food there too. I must admit, it made my stomach upset all night and I was feeling so bad (physically).
Hi Su, thanks for the kind words. I'm sure I had the stomach flu, there was fever and chills involved and now my youngest daughter seems to have it too. She visited me on saturday and came down with it on sunday. I feel so bad about that.
Hi Jennifer, love the new little smiles. You guys work so hard. I can't imagine how hard it would be to run a website, but I'm glad you do it.
Mauvaisroux and Anne, hope your doing well.
Hi Ruth, there's a lot of info and great recipes on the ss'ing site, but it is a different kind of place.
Later, Nikki
Old 10-21-2002, 09:36 PM   #39  

Just a quik note to say Dont Worry Nikki!!!!

I think I lost so much early because in switching from HCarb to LC, the water retention pattern changes. Even a small change will make water retention a TEMPorary problem, and so the 5 lbs. It is not permanent, as I'm sure you know. Just a little positive feedback on an issue I'm sure you are very aware of.

Also, I've noticed that anytime I get very ill, then I backtrack on weight. It takes several weeks of real illness for me to start dropping pounds since my metabolism reacts as if I'm going to starve to death. It's a pain to eat so little and still gain or not lose!
Old 10-21-2002, 11:02 PM   #40  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Evening everyone

Hope you all had a good day!

DH and I went shopping after work and picked up a new mirror and curtains and rods for the livingroom. Now I am wondering how long it will take him to put them up. I love the man but he puts off doing chores and jobs around the house like you would not believe, Grrr I may end up breaking down and doing it myself just to get them up before Christmas There are two shelves and two Chinese panels that have been sitting around for two months waiting for him to put them up despite many promises

Nikki-glad you are feeling better. I am sure you will lose those 5 lbs soon

Aleka-thanks for pointing out that article, it was very helpful.

Ahgg! It is after eleven pm and I should be in bed by now
Good night
Mauvaisroux
Old 10-21-2002, 11:46 PM   #41  
WW Moderator

Anne, I am envious! I went to the Steel Wheels tour, it was great. My friend that I went to see it with asked me to go with her to see them in Nashville next month, but I couldn't go and boot out her husband. (She said I would be more fun, hehe) so I said no. Welllllll, now she is bringing another friend. Wahhhhhhhhh! I didn't know the husband wasn't going to go at all, I just thought I was the preference! Oh well, maybe it will happen again some day....

If not, maybe I will luck up and see Adam Ant or the Sex Pistols!
Old 10-22-2002, 07:00 AM   #42  

Can I join your thread?? I am trying to follow Schwarzbein Principle. Today is day one. I need to lose at least 40 pounds but I would like to lose around 55.

amanda
192/185/130
Old 10-22-2002, 09:06 AM   #43  

Good morning,
Thank you for the encouraging words Su. I'm back down 3 lbs this morning. Your right about that getting sick part, I lost a lot of water, so now I'm refilling my tank
The body is a funny thing, I am so surprised at what is happening with mine. Even though I'm not dropping the pounds like I want, it is looking so much better and feeling so much smaller.
Hi Amanda, we are always happy to see someone new. I admire you trying Schwarzbein. It seems like it would be hard. I'll be so interested to hear how it goes for you. I was wondering what brand of bacon is ok on her woe (way of eating). I know she's against nitrates and nitrites and all other bad chemicals. I agree with that, but I don't know if I could find anything in this rural area that I live that would be ok on her plan.
Mauvaisroux, your DH sounds like mine. He didn't do anything around the house for about 4 years. His excuse was, there's so much to do, I don't know where to start and I feel over whelmed. He finally sided the garage this fall, just because it would fall down from water exposure if he didn't. He's not the most ambitious guy, but he overlooks the fact that I'm not the best housekeeper, so we go together pretty well. My house is ok, but I'm not exactly obsessive comulsive about it.
Hi Anne and Aleka, how are you doing?
Nikki
Old 10-22-2002, 10:39 AM   #44  

Angry Good morning everyone,

I had my weigh in this morning. I lost another 1 1/2 lb., and so far I've lost about 6 lb. I did get my 5 lb. sticker this morning.

Our weather guy is talking about *SNOW* tonight. Nothing much, just flurries or showers. They say the higher elevations may see a dusting. This is too early for me.

amanda, a big welcome I also would be interested on how you are doing with Swarzbein. I have her 1st book and have ordered her 2nd book along with her cookbook. She really has some good ideas.

nikkic, on SSzing we have to have nitrate free bacon also. I usually find it at a Bread & Circus, which is a whole-food store chain down in Mass. I haven't been able to find it in any health food store anywhere near where I live. I'm also having a very hard time finding bacon not cured with sugar. Glad you are feeling better. That's great you've lost 3 of the 5 lb. you gained after being sick.

Hi Su, Anne, Jennifer, Mauvaisroux, & Kay hope you are all having a good day. Aleka
Old 10-22-2002, 11:38 AM   #45  

Aleka, I didn't know that about ss'ing. I've read all her books, I must have spaced out when that part came along. I read on the old boards a thread that listed all the legal foods from fellow ss'ers and I copied it off. One of the bacons listed that are sugar free is Gwaltney Hardwood Smoked no sugar added which you can find at super Walmarts. I use it all the time, its not as good as some but better than others. I've never even bothered looking for nitrate free bacon, I don't even know which ones have it or don't. I just didn't think it existed.
Congratulations on your 6 lbs down, it's such a big accomplishment.
Nikki