Old 08-26-2002, 05:41 PM   #1  

Talking Newbie! Schwarzbein Principle anyone?

Hi,
My name is Lisa. 23yo mom to two, married, and livin' in hot California. Nice to meet everyone!

Two weeks(tomorrow!) ago I committed to the Schwarzbein Principle(by Diana Schwarzbein) way of eating. Was wondering if anyone else was eating this way. In the past two weeks I've lots 7lbs, have decrease in carb cravings(although they are still there!) while my DH has lost 10lbs.

Look forward to sharing information and support with everyone!
Old 08-26-2002, 07:24 PM   #2  

I love Schwartzbein!

I think of it as the way I want to eat for life. It is alot like what you eat on protein power- 15 or so g. carbs at a time.

It has never let me lose weight, but it is great for keeping my blood sugar even, and I just think it is such a healthy way to eat! But for weight loss, I have to eat fewer carbs or otherwise really keep an eye on calories. A few too many carbs for me everyday, but a great guideline for "normal" eating. And I love my oatmeal when I can!

You'll find you'll fit right here with these LC gals- we tend to eat anywhere from Atkins 20g to whatever plan you like. the basic principles are pretty similar, so post often and say hello!

each day there is a thread with the date, just for saying hi and what's new. Join in!

and congrats on your loss!

dottie
Old 08-26-2002, 08:09 PM   #3  

Hey Lisa!

Welcome!

Ditto on loving the Schwartzbein (did I spell that right?) book!

I never did follow the program BUT it was THE BOOK that really hammered home the importance of low carbing for me. I should read it again, it has been a couple of years!

Keep us posted on how you are doing and join us on the daily thread where we just yack away!

good to see you here!

peach
Old 08-26-2002, 11:11 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Hi Lisa, nice to have you here! I have some good Schwartz recipes if I can find them. You might also like the Somercizing thread here in the LC forum. Looking forward to hearing more from you!
Old 08-27-2002, 06:22 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, Lisa, to the best support and info site in the world.

I am re-reading Schwartzbein's book right now. I am definitely low-cabing but not doing any specific program.

No matter what the Plan, we all have lots of support and hints for this Lifestyle. Join right in!