Old 08-13-2002, 06:51 AM   #1  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default Daily August 13th chick chat

Starting up...
WAKIE WAKIE, I can't believe I am the first one here!
-L
Old 08-13-2002, 07:02 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

We are off to the water park today. We hit 100 yesterday for about an hour and it is 75 here already. Poor dogs are hot! I feel badly for them. I think I will let them stay in the house for the day.

DH’s birthday was a bust. He didn’t want my gift, although I knew he wouldn’t. The cake was a market pick up and he made the chicken last night. Only his grandmother and parents called. I as a woman would not have been happy.

Alas…..you all sound well. I sent off a 62 pound package (could have been my 8 year old) of cloths and toys to my friend in MN. It feels so good to purge the old stuff so I know how you feel Jiff, It feels good to get rid of it and the recipient is as glad to get it But Nora, do do something nice for a stranger, good karma is a good thing.

The AC man is due in a few minuets and I need to pack lunch for us. Have a great day ladies and try to stay cool.
-L
Old 08-13-2002, 07:22 AM   #3  
workin' my way back down

Morning Chickies..... my coffee isn't even going yet (hmmmmm, maybe I should wake DH up to make some?? )

L, can you spare a cup??? The water park sounds like a great way to spend the day... I'd love to join you! But, "stuff" awaits me

I haven't had any kind of response about that job, but it's ok - at least for now! I was told yesterday that the "senior" girl at work is leaving (hooooray!! she is a whining witch!)- she said by the end of September, but we don't expect her to last another 2 weeks!! The great thing about that is that I will DEFINITELY get more hours! My boss also picked up another clinic day, so that is also good...... the more clinic days/hours she picks up, the more work there is! Now, if she would only increase $$ that she pays her slaves!!

Tonight we have tickets to the Mets game - FIRST ROW at 3rd base!!! Maybe I reach out and kick Cedeno in the butt to get his act in gear!!!

Well ladies, withdrawal pains are getting severe... I GOTTA go do the coffee........

Hope you all have a great day....... will catch up with you later.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:22 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Earlybirds. The girls and I went for a double lead walk at 5:30 this morning before the heat hits again.

L144, did you say AC man? Send him here! Ours keeps blowing fuses and quitting - so much for my fix. We are back on the guy's list again. No need to tell Nora to do something nice for a stranger - she has and will. I know this lady!

My trip to the orthopaedic surgeon went OK. I am scheduled for the operation towards the end of Sept with the other wrist three weeks later. He says I can watch when he does the right wrist and can do the other one myself if I like! I do love a doctor with a sick sense of humour. He says there will be a fair amount of pain as the damaged nerves regenerate but that I can treat it with Tylenol and Scotch. So if I disappear for a while .....

Today I must bake again! A friend from a garden group has been camping in the wilderness near here with his friend and these two guys are coming "sometime" tomorrow morning for a long-promised rhubarb custard meringue pie! I also need to bake a mess of pies for the Parish BBQ on the 25th and may make them up and freeze them today while I'm on a roll. On the other hand, maybe it will get cool next week and I can do it then.

I'm off to the back forty to pick the last of the rhubarb and get some basil. We bought fresh tomatoes (ours are still green) and I love basil on them. Anybody besides me make pesto? Wonderful on green beans!

Try to stay cool, Chickies.
Old 08-13-2002, 08:03 AM   #5  

Good Morning everyone!

It got so hot yesterday that I didn't even bother making dinner--we went to ....McDonald's! I don't feel too guilty though, I drank a lot of water and we went swimming about 1/2 hour later for an hour. I think I worked off the damage. Today is goingto be a strictly OP day as the temps promise to be cooler so can cook something!

Later this morning we're going to the drop in center for Miree to burn off her energy and socialize with her friends. I love this place, a great way to chat with moms and our kids are out of our hair for a couple of hours!

Linda, I have found that a lot of fat in my diet works wonders too

Ruth, my tomatoes are still green too--I'm hoping they get red and gold (I bought the gold variety this year) soon!

Samsg--any chance of you getting on there permanent now that the whiny witch is leaving?

L, there was a dog at the beach while we were swimming--Miree thought it was the funniest thing she ever saw, a dog swimming! Wonder what she would think of Lucy and Hershey?

Have a cool day everyone!!
Old 08-13-2002, 08:33 AM   #6  
GO CANES!

Morning kids! How are you all? I'm sooooo sleepy...please pass the coffee! I'll check in later, just wanted to say hellO!!
Old 08-13-2002, 08:43 AM   #7  
WW Moderator

Hi everybody, didn't mean to just disappear yesterday. I didn't get on yesterday morning because I didn't get but 4 hours sleep, and would have gotten less if I got up in time to come here. I lose all track of time on this board! Last night I reconciled my checkbooks on what I thought would be about 1-1.5 hours, and turned into like 4-5. Another short night for me!

This afternoon I go to the cardiologist for my follow up and beg him for a heart test or two, since everything else is normal. The actual chest pains are gone, but I have pain behind my left breast, and directly below it. Maybe it is my big heart pressing against my ribs! Yeah, I should tell that to my staff and see if they agree! Haha.

How do I tell the doctor why I haven't lost much weight? He talked to me about losing it and here I am very little below what I was when he talked to me. I know what the problems are. First, the pain was so regular in my chest, I was just afraid to exert myself. Second, my butt sits here so much. We have so many new things to do to the site, and so few hands!

Hope everyone has a cooler day today. My AC works fine, but my attic gets about 115 in the day, and the heat soaks through to the house, so it isn't too easy too keep it cool in here sometimes.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 08-13-2002, 09:25 AM   #8  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning all
I got busy yesterday,also, and didn't get a chance to get back here.
Linda~~~Yes, I have been doing the Fat Flush Plan and am on Day 11. There is a thread on FF under the "Diet Plans" here at 3FC's. There are 2 different threads for the past 2 weeks. Check it out. Also, there are message boards on this over at www.iVillage.com . I am on my last 10 pounds to lose so my weight loss is slow, but many women are haviong huge results. It is very strick, though.

Ruth~~~I love a doc with a sense of humor. It sounds like you have a great one. Good luck. I loved the story about Lucy and the ice cubes.

L~~~ Enjoy the water park today! At least somebody around here will be staying cool

Pooky~~~Enjoy your time at the center.

SamsG~~~ First row at 3rd base~WOW. Should be a great game. Have a blast.

Jennifer~~~Just tell the doc about your being hesitant to exert yourself because of the pain. And let him know that you are making changes in your diet and trying to eat healthy. I'll be thinking of you today, so let me know how it goes and what he says. I have found that the medical profession tends to discount women having chest pain (anxiety attacks) yet they JUMP when a man comes in with the same thing. It is changing slowly, but it's still out there. Good luck, gal.

Barb~~~That's wonderful news about Alvin being moved. Great progress. Prayers work wonders.

Jihan~~~Wake up gal, coffee's on!!!!!!

~~~Sil
"I am too blessed to be stressed."

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 08-13-2002 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:15 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Another hot and sticky one outside uhhhhhhhh. Running off to lunch in a few minutes.

Ruthie, I know how your wrists feel, I have carple in both hands and OMG sometimes the pain is incrediable. The only op is an operation and I'm just not ready for that yet. Maybe when Grace is out of diapers I'll think about it. My hand gets so numb and painful at night it wakes me up. Sleeping with braces on helps but it still returns.

Jennifer good luck at the doctors, and don't worry about the weight, he/she's gotta understand its not easy and besides maybe your not losing fast, but your still losing, which is a major task in itself. Look at me I'm gaining

Everyone have a wonderful day and as soon as the boss leaves I'll be back.

Love, Leens
Old 08-13-2002, 11:53 AM   #10  
GO CANES!

now wait a minute (thanks for the coffee by the way!) but Jennifer, havent you lost a ton of weight??
Old 08-13-2002, 11:54 AM   #11  
Hang In There

Default DAY #9

Things continue to improve. They removed his gastric tube yesterday and he is now able to have liquids. They say that if he continues to improve as he has, he might get to go home Friday.
My knee is doing good, beginning to get a little stiff, but my mom is going to come stay with Alvin so I can go home a while this afternoon. I thing riding my bike will help the stiffness. Not to mention what a real bath will do!

Keep us in your prayers, and have a great rest of the week.

Jennifer: good luck at the doc, and about your attic. The best investment we've made in the last few years was to get extra foam insulation sprayed into our attic. It has made a world of difference in out comfort and in the electricity bill. The AC coesn't have to work so hard

Sams'gram: Hope good things happen with your work situation. Will keep it in my prayers

Leens & Ruthie. I know several people with CTS and they all say it is very painful. Ruthie, I bet we have you beat in hospital bills

One good think about living in a hospital room is that there is always coffee on, and it's just across the hall
Old 08-13-2002, 12:27 PM   #12  

Talking Hello Low Carb friends

Good morning everybody!

Busy getting the gang packed up for the water park! I have been having so much fun this summer but there is no weight falling off...I am 15 lbs heavier than I was in December!

So I have my work cut out for me...but this too shall pass!

Hope you are all well...I miss you and I haven't been to the chat forever!

Talk to you soon I hope!

Liz
Old 08-13-2002, 12:55 PM   #13  
GO CANES!

so what exactly is the fat flush plan?
Old 08-13-2002, 01:08 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Barb, we're still praying for you and hubby. I know you got your hands full, hang in there, better days to come.

I have an HMO for my health care, we pay a decent chunk of $$ each year. When I had Grace last year, they sent me a copy of the hospital bill (I was in for 8 days - butchers) anyway, the bill was $49,000.00. I couldn't imagine if I had to pay that. Things are definitly out of hand. Thats more than I make in one year. SICK !!!!

Anyway, have a great day everyone

Love, Leens
Old 08-13-2002, 01:55 PM   #15  
GARDENING ADDICT

I tried to put a link to the Fat Flush pages at iVillage, but it doesn't seem to be working well. Try going to www.iVillage.com and do a search for Fat Flush. There is lots of info and message boards on it. It's too complicated to try and explain here, for me at least. I'm afraid that I would leave something out. I actually had to read the book to get the whole picture.

Let me try this link:
http://www.iVillage.com/diet/feature..._13884,00.html

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 08-13-2002 at 02:09 PM.