3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Low Carb Archive

Old 07-30-2002, 12:38 AM   #16
WW Moderator

Hi mauvaisroux, you can buy the SS books at local bookstores. I bought one at my Books A Million, and bought the others online at BAMM and one at Half.com.

Aleka, try parmesan cheese and garlic for your veggies, or a viniagrette? I also like lemon pepper on some things.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:22 AM   #17

Angry Good morning,

I am off for my walk before it gets too hot & muggy.

Jennifer, OOOHHH, those suggestions sound delicious. Thank you! I love lemon pepper, especially on chicken The Parm. cheese sounds wonderful, at our supermkt. they sell it freshly grated, along with Asiago, & 3 Cheese Italian. I am definitely going to give your suggestions along with Nausus's a try.

mauvaisroux, I also have a tough time on weekends, Fri. thru Sun. and I think that is one of the reasons I had a hard time losing weight on this WOE. I do enjoy having wine on the weekends, but I have decided only to have 1 or 2 glasses the whole weekend, and not each night of the weekend. Have a great time on your holiday. Where in the US will you be going? Whenever we go to a Fast Food Rest., I get their largest cheeseburger, and a salad. Take the cheeseburger out of the bun and you have a great meal. I did this when we went to Florida last winter and I was very satisfied. Whenever I go to any other chain restaurant, I get their hamburgers or whatever type of meat and ask them to exchange the french-fries, or whatever type of potato for extra veggies, and they are very happy to do that for you. If you are going to be on the west coast, California, for example, there is a chain of hamburger rest. called, In and Out Burger. They have a hamburger they serve w/o the bun. I'm sure you will do fine.

Hope you have a great day! Aleka

Last edited by aleka; 07-30-2002 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-30-2002, 08:50 PM   #18
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi ladies!

Thanks for the info about the books Suzanne! I have never tried parmesan on plain veg, it sounds good and I will give it a try.

Aleka-that sounds like a good idea about the burgers and salad.
I had thought of maybe ordering an appetizer size salad and then an appetizer like mussels, calamari, or something low-carb with it. That way I can avoid rice, potatoes and pasta. Then again I can always order veggie pasta too. We are going to Milwaukee and I know there are some really good restaurants there. There is a great Thai one that I may save as a treat if I eat well the rest of the time I am there
Old 07-31-2002, 07:47 PM   #19

Angry Good evening,

mauvaisroux, having the appetizers sounds like a great idea. DH & I went out for dinner last night, and I wasn't that good. But, I started back on track this morning. I had lunch out with a friend and I had the best salad. So, I think I did pretty well SSzing today. I'm taking it one meal at a time. Do you get Home Shopping Network where you live? Suzanne Somers will be on this weekend, Fri. thru Sun. I usually try to watch her because she always gives good tips about Somersizing and also cooks something that looks so good that I wish I could reach through the TV screen and grab some

I hope you have a good evening.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:24 PM   #20

Evening everyone!

Aleka, you are off to a goodstart with the salad at lunch.

I had a salad with oil and vinegar dressing and some canned tuna packed in spring water instead of oil and some triscuits, the box lists the ingredients as whole wheat flour, shortening and salt, so I figured they were okay.

We do get the home shopping network but I think it is a different version in Canada. Suzanne Somers has made several appearances on it too. I will check it out this weekend just in case she is on- thanks for the info.

I know what you mean about the food looking so good, wish she would drop in on my place and cook for me

Someone on another thread was talking about their own WOE and saying that food is tasting better and better even though she is on a weight loss plan. I am sure it is because through certain WOEs you start to cook properly in order to eat right and when you stop eating processed foods and using fresh ingredients it is like night and day. I can't eat certain foods anymore and I don't miss them or crave them anymore. I ate a little bit of canned corn the other night and discovered that I don't like the taste of it anymore
Old 08-01-2002, 04:06 PM   #21

Angry Hi,

mauvaisroux, I know what you mean about not liking certain foods anymore. I can't eat bread without getting heartburn. If I eat too many carbs, my stomach feels awful. It's nice eating real food instead of the processed food. We have a GF Grill, and we cook on that just about every night. I didn't do very well today, we had to go out of town and we ate out for 2 meals. Neither of the restaurants had SSzing type food. It will be a salad for supper tonight!

It's awfully hot where we live. It was 96 deg. We have both air conditioners on full blast.

I hope you have a good evening.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:43 PM   #22

Hi Aleka!

Hope you are having a good day despite the restaurant food.
It is really hard to pick something on a menu that doesn't have rice, pasta, etc. in it. I am not big on deep fried foods either.

I have a GF grill too, I love it! It cooks everything really quickly and whith a lot less fat. I use it 2-3 times a week especially in the summer to avoid heating up the kitchen.

Its really hot here too, the humidity is unreal-feels like walking into a sauna when you go outside, Blech!

I stayed at work for an extra 1 1/2 hours to get things done before I go on holiday-I feel so wiped out-good job I packed most of my things last night

Have a good night!
Old 08-02-2002, 08:20 AM   #23

Angry Hi mauvaisroux,

Have a great weekend and a good time on your holiday. Today is another day to get back SSzing. I plan on watching her on TV this weekend and hopefully buy some of her ice cream mixes and sauces.

Take care and have a safe trip.
Aleka
Old 08-02-2002, 03:59 PM   #24
Hang In There

Default Hi Alice

I have always been a QVC watcher, but decided today to switch to HSC today to see if I could find out about the SS stuff. Well what a day to switch!!!! it's closeout day, and there are SOOO many bargaing I can't stand it. SS has all sorts of stuff I never realized. especially the clothes and shoes!!!

I'm trying to be good. My credit card is in the other room!!!!

[/url]
Old 08-03-2002, 03:24 PM   #25

Hi ladies!

Just a quick post as I am finishing my last minute cleaning and packing for my holiday. I have packed my travel pilates instruction book so I can do at least 15 minutes in the morning each day.

Hope you all have a great week and stay OP. Try not to spend too much money on HBC I didn't realise SS had a line of clothes...

I will be back on the 13th and will check with you then!
Old 08-03-2002, 07:39 PM   #26

Angry Hi ladies,

mauvaisroux, have a great time on your holiday. I am determined to stay low-carbing. I am very proud of myself....I haven't bought anything on HSN from Suzanne this weekend. Although, I did order her salad dressings last week from HSN website.

Barb, how did you do with HSN this weekend? Yes, Suzanne does sell a lot of stuff. A lot of her jewelry I don't care for, but I do have a few pieces. I almost bought her ice cream mixes, but I thought they were rather expensive for what you got, so I passed up on that. I have an ice cream maker, and Suzanne does have a dessert cookbook out, and the vanilla and chocolate flavors of the ice cream are in the book. I haven't been on the Over 40 thread for quite awhile. I hope that your surgery was a success. How are you doing? How is Alvin getting along? Good, on both counts, I hope.

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 08-07-2002, 12:23 AM   #27

Hi, I'm new here. I wanted to thank you for posting this thread. I use to somersize, then I quit. I have to lose weight now and wasn't sure how to start. I've tried every kind of diet and didn't want to fail again. I went over to Suzannes website and boy have I got some good ideas from there. I've been printing stuff off like mad. I think it is just what I needed to motivate me to get with the program. I still have to read some more, plan some menu's and get the shopping done. Thanks again for helping me.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:44 AM   #28

Angry Welcome Nikkic,

You sound like me. I SS'd a few years ago, lost some weight, then I was going through an extremely stressful period, went off the program and gained all the weight I lost plus 3 more lb. back.
Did you lose quickly or did it take you quite a long time to see anything? Unfortunately, I was one of the ones that didn't lose weight very quickly, but for some reason I was losing size Not seeing those numbers on the scale go down was very discouraging, since DH was doing it along with me and he lost 20 lb. in a month I too want to and need to lose weight, and one day I got some sort of newsletter from Suzanne's website and something clicked in my brain that I was going to do this. Do you also post on Suzanne's website? I sometimes do and I post under the same name. We can support each other our 2nd time around. Aleka

Last edited by aleka; 08-07-2002 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-07-2002, 01:05 PM   #29

Default Hi Aleka

I really would like to have someone to talk to about this. My DH is not a big fan of this woe. He does like the fact that he can eat all the fat he wants, but he doesn't take the time to read the books. So he is always confused about the food combo's.
I haven't posted on their boards yet. I've been so busy looking through all of the posts. There are so many good recipes and helpful hints there. I was up until 4am this morning reading and printing stuff. LOL. Now I have a stack of stuff I need to go through. I'm going to Walmart and getting a notebook, highlighter and three ring punch. Then I'm going to start going through all this stuff to highlight the things I want to remember and put it in the notebook for future use. I also need to review her books. It's been awhile for me, so I need to reread that too.
I was really thinking about having surgery to have my stomach resectioned. I have visited their boards and looked into it. It is not just a drastic thing, but I think I would get so depressed too. You do of course lose a lot of weight that way, but what you have to give up is more than I want to do. They seem to always talk about being sick, dumping, throwing up, diarrhea. It just sounds like surgical anorexia to me. Besides, you can never eat real food anymore. They eat a lot of chemical laden food. That's why I really like Suzannes woe. It seems a lot more natural.
I didn't really sommersize that long last time. I lost about 5 lbs. Right now I'm as heavy as I've ever been-274. I want to be at 150. I'm 5' 9" (or I use to be). I'm 45 years old, married, 2 grown daughters. It would be great if you want to be partners in this woe.
Boy did I get chatty! Looking forward to hearing from you again. Nikki
Old 08-07-2002, 10:11 PM   #30

Hi im on suzanne's plan too! Do you know how she mentions not drinking water with your meals. How long after a meal should you wait until consuming more water. Thanks!