Old 07-19-2002, 07:14 AM   #1  
It's MY Life

Thumbs down The Daily--Friday July 19th

Good Rainy,Stormy Friday Everyone!!! Back in a minute with my iced tea!
Old 07-19-2002, 07:28 AM   #2  
It's MY Life

Morning Ladies! I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off here since 4:00 this a.m. Trying to get ready to leave at 8:45 for this all weekend basketball tournament up by Chicago.It has been harder to organize than usual just because DS will be staying at a seperate place with the coach and team and cheapskates that we are our family usually shares luggage etc. I think I am about there though. Girls I have to admit this sleep thing is getting to me--I am getting tired!!! Add on to that my total disgust at having GAINED over the last few weeks while working out and eating good and all the other stress I do to myself---I am one big *itch to be around right now. I just want us to get through this weekend, have fun, come home and MAYBE find two seconds to enjoy these "lazy, crazy days of summer." Okay, I'm done whining!

Chickadee, I am trying to send some of this rain out to you. That just sounds awful--and seeing the pictures on the news is scary enough for me.

Jen, have fun camping!!

Pooky, hope you are doing better.

Hope you "Hotlanta" girls have an absolutely excellent time and make sure to give us all of the glorius details!!

Prayers and hugs and high fives to all I didn't get a chance to write to. Have a wonderful weekend and I will catch up with you on Monday!
Old 07-19-2002, 07:29 AM   #3  
she who must be obeyed

Default Meetin' day in the South!!!

Morning Annie and all to come. I think I'll pass on the iced tea until later, leaded strong coffee for me this AM.

chickadee, are things any better this morning? I'm thinking about you.

Pooky has husband come to his right mind yet? I'm thinking about you too.

sil would love to sit by the pool with you sometime.

Janice I saw your post on the "meeting in the south thread" I can't wait to hear the story, bet it's a good one.

Today is my 22nd anniversary, and as hubby says, I'm going to spend it with a bunch of women. Hey, I invited him to come to dinner with us and he declined.

Well, I'm off to start my day. Hope everyone has a good day.

Debbie
Old 07-19-2002, 07:33 AM   #4  

Morning! I made it here bright and early!

Just thought I'd say hi quickly! HI!!! I'm on my way out the door at this horrible hour of the morning to get a head start on my errands and such. Working on being efficient!

Have a great day, Chicks! See ya later!
Old 07-19-2002, 07:42 AM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Have to get going, but though ti would post a hello. Big kid is going to museum of Science today with camp and I am meeting a friend to go shopping. I don't need anything but I want to see my friend. Little man lost his first tooth! Kind of sad for me.

Pooky? You ok?

Sil: What a beautiful garden you have and woman you are! Very nive to put a face to a name. If you lived closer I would ask you to design for me!

AA: If you don't have a problem with antihistomine (sp) try tylonol pm. It works but you need to make sure you have had enough water as it can dry you out.

Ok have to run, sorry I can't answer everyone. We need to scedual a chat again.
-L
Old 07-19-2002, 07:43 AM   #6  
Old Cackler

Default good morning everyone!!!

deb... your hubby turned us down???? i'm CRUSHED!!!! and peachie will be so disappointed. i'd be polite. really. i promise.

and chickadeedeedeedee... head to atlanta!! but what a scary situation this must be! so dangerous. many prayers and good wishes..

annie.. sometimes extra calcium helps me get a better night's sleep, and if i'm without it for a few days, i don't sleep very well. worth thinking about, anyway.

or, of course, and this is my favorite nagging topic... if you snore, get yourself checked out for sleep apnea.

and can't wait to meet all these southerners... but i didn't pack tissues for janice.. sure hope hotlanta has enough of a supply for her!!!
Old 07-19-2002, 07:52 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

TGIF and Off To Hotlanta Day! You guys are going to have a heck of a good time. If nobody takes pics, you will be banned from the site!

And Happy Anniversary, Debkay. You and DH can celebrate later.

Annie - so sorry you are having sleep problems still. I hope things ease off in your busy life and you can get some good sleep soon.

Chickadee - am really wishing rain and winds that blow the right way for you. Please let us know how you are - we worry!

Dondar - have a great camping trip with the boys and DH. I assume the campsite will be on water - Lake Michigan seemed to have a lovely sandy shoreline when I flew over it.

Peach and Leens - you guys don't miss a thing! Good thing I wasn't picking blackberries!

Janice - FLEAS? OMG! Do tell when you get a chance.

Jenniewookie - that child is absolutely adorable! What an excellent picture. Did you take it yourself?

Sue - Rochester is 3 hours from me and your place is three hours from me. Maybe in August we can meet halfway at the Cracker Barrel.

Lucy and I are NOT going to class this morning! It will be sameold sameold and I am very tired. My neighbour has an Alaskan husky who is a doll. However, she leaves her outdoors all night when she spends the night with her boyfriend, Kevin the Fence Man. Kisha yips and husky howls starting about 3 a.m. and is wakening the neighbourhood. I need to have a tactful talk with my neighbour sometime today. She may have to do a "Love me, love my dog routine" with Kevin. She is planning to move in with him soon but we need to get the howling situation fixed before then. Some of the neighbours are talking about reporting the dog for noise.

Worked most of yesterday at the Office writing post-dated cheques for judges' fees and also filling envelopes with ribbons and money for prizes for the kids activities. This is a scary time as money is going out and none is coming in until the Fair opens. I have a thing about being overdrawn - a relic from my poor years as a single parent. The water situation is still not resolved! Yesterday the tap water in the office was brown! Yick! The men were digging up the well last night until dark. We have a hospitality roon in the Office - this year it will be paper plates and plastic cutlery, not dishes that have to be washed.

I plan to spend this morning at home - it started to rain a wee bit yesterday so my berries need picking. I may tiddle up the front flower bed a bit for Fair gawkers - our street is on the way to the gate - and do some laundry. Then off to the saltmines for the afternoon - with bottles of good water.

Dogs are hollering - guess we have company! Sheesh! Ten to 8 and I have dropins!

Bye now
Old 07-19-2002, 07:53 AM   #8  
workin' my way back down

Morning everyone.........

I was so busy yesterday, all I had time to do was lurk here occasionally - no posting for me. Therefore, all I can say is prayers and hugs and thoughts are going out to you ladies (you know who you are)....... I wish I could answer you all, but this puter would probably crash before I got half-done!

Hotlanta Chicks....... sheesh! I really wish I could be there with you - I will in spirit, tho....... but puhleeze...... have a No-Salt 'rita for me!!!!! - and make it a JUMBO!!! I could really use it.

About that Chipper Jones shirt..... Peachie and I know just what to do with that, don't we Peach?!?!?!

Happy Anniversary deb and your "chicken to meet the chickies" hubby!

For those chickies who are not going to Hotlanta -- have a great day..... see you guys around later......
Old 07-19-2002, 07:57 AM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Girls have a great time

chickadee--OMG my prayers are comming. and i do have big lungs i am blowing too!!!

Janice fleas??? Love it i can not wait to hear that oe!!

Pooky{{{{more hugs}}}}}

Anie drink tons of water if you are eating right and still gaining it must be fluid will all that youa re doing you probably are not drinking enough and your body is holding on to the fluid. especially if it thinks youa re in a drought then drink and it will release the water in a day or two.

Well for me it is busy busy busy i have to finish packing get my posters out and get to the Y to exercise (and hopefully get hit on by that cute guy again!! ) story to come when i get back! so off for the weekend to camp with family! have a great one!!
Old 07-19-2002, 08:37 AM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Mornining Ladies~~~

Well, this is the weekend that you ladies get to meet each other. It must be so exciting to finally to see who you have been talking to for such a long time. It's like a reunion!!!!! I hope you all have a blast I can't wait until Monday to hear the details!

Today I need to get my glasses re-done. I just got them a few weeks ago, but I have difficulty seeing out of the center portion (tri-focals/progressive) while driving. I have to put my head down and look thu the top portion Then it's laundry, mow the lawn and straighten up around the house.
My son, who lives in NC, will be spending the night here Sunday. He's doing his last year at a school of ministry.

Thanks for all the complements on my yard!!! Although I do landscape design plans for clients, I break all the rules in my yard !!!! And I did most of it before I took classes in landscape design. But it keeps me out of trouble

Jennie~~~Your little girl is just adorable . I have to admit that it brought tears to my eyes because it reminded me of that poor little girl in CA. Keep her close and give her lots of hugs and kisses.

Debbie~~~Happy Anniversary gal!!!!!!!! After your busy weekend, I'll PM you with my phone number/email and directions. I'd love to meet you

Sue~~~Getting hit on at the gym? Did I miss something? It sounds like you have something you need to share with us

Ruth~~~OK, so now you have yucky tap water and undrinkable well water What to do?

Pooky and Chickadee~~~My prayers are with you. I hope that things get easier for you.

L~~~Enjoy the day with your friend.

Sherrie, Jiffy, Peach, Ruth (and all coming to AT)~~~Have a safe trip, relax and have a wonderful Chick-filled weekend!!!!!!!!

~~~Sil

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 07-19-2002 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-19-2002, 09:07 AM   #11  
Senior Chicky

I just posted and lost it all! Definately havng a hard time getting used to this keyboard! I can't repeat it all now but will check back later! Darn, and I told the flea story!

Chickdee-pls know that prayers for you are being sent! Pls keep us posted!

C ya later
Janice
Old 07-19-2002, 09:52 AM   #12  
Hang In There

Boy! You chicks are a bad infulence on me!!! Before I hooked up with ya'll, I never turned on the computer in the morning. I know me well enough that when it's on, I have a hard time getting up from it. Now, it one of the first things I do.

My friend's granddaughter did not go to the hospital, yet. They think that her problem is a parasite. No clue as to how she got it or anything, but anyway they are trying to treat it for that for a few days. Thanks for the prayers.

Getting ready for my trip to the hospital, so yesterday I went to get my hair done. Asked for a body wave and just shapped up so it wouldn'g look like something the cats drug in while I was layed up. Ever seen a "PIXIE" doo on a 55 y/o fat lady? Not a pretty sight. At least I'll be stuck at home for a month, and maybe in that time it'll grow.

Things are finally comming together on the buliding we are trying to buy. We were supposed to close on June 17, but enviromental issues had us hung up. The lawyers are through fighting, and the needed work has been done to prove compliance, so the tenative closing date is 7/25. The day before my surgery. I sure hope it happens that way. That way all the work we need to do can be done while I recoup and then when I'm ready to go back to work, it will be in the new building. (and others will have to hassle with the actual move!!!)

I'm sitting here in my swim suit, getting ready to get on my bike, then off to water aerobics. I was going to the 9:00 class, but since I've sat here at the computer so long, it will have to be the 10:00 class.

Take care everyone, and I'm really jealous of all of you meeting in Hotlantia. So have a GREAT time an make my jealously worth it.
Old 07-19-2002, 11:14 AM   #13  

Talking Have a great weekend everybody!

You all sound like such a great bunch of chickies.....I would love to hook up with a chat with everyone real soon!

Take good care all!

Liz
Old 07-19-2002, 02:20 PM   #14  

Hi there everyone!

I know you've been worrying about me but never fear, I am OK. My dh and I ran into some marital troubles and that lead to a week long stand off. It was good for me to get away for a bit--I'm at home now--I really needed the time to think. Dh did too and we are well on the road to mending fences. Thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts, I'm sure it all did the trick!

Throughout the whole thing though, my grandma and mom were stars--they never let get off program! I ate my low carb foods and definitely put a dint in the pork rind sales at the local variety store, but I still did it! And guess that's what really counts in the long run, right?

Still feeling a little out of sorts --maybe tomorrow I can answer individually because I really need a nap right now.

Take care!!
Old 07-19-2002, 07:34 PM   #15  
GARDENING ADDICT

Pooky~~~I'm so glad that you're back home and that you and your husband are working things out.
~~~Sil